Thai Chai

Black Chai Herbal Blend
Chicken Soup, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Zest, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I decided to finish off my last little bit of Thai Chai in style - by making it traditional-style like I've been saying I will for months. I used this recipe on the website...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1497 tasting notes
  • “Onto some more samples from *CHAroma* tonight as I await trick-or-treaters! I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting with this one, but I was initially quite put off by a very soapy aroma from...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “In celebration of Coconut Day, I invite you, steepsterites, to join me in a rousing rendition of The Coconut Song, which I have just made up on the spot even though there are songs about coconuts...” Read full tasting note
    chibibigos 382 tasting notes
  • “So, I still haven't gotten around to trying this one with coconut milk, and I probably won't. I think there's only a cup's worth left and I don't think it's worth repurchasing. On one hand, I...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Silky sweet coconut and playful bright lemongrass highlight this seductive black tea chai blend. Let the aroma draw you in and you’ll swear you hear it beckoning…come closer, just take a sip.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or coconut milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

This tea reminded me of curry made with coconut milk because of the very strong coconut flavor with spices. Coconut was the most distinctive taste for the first few sips, after which the lemongrass flavor stood it (and I liked that). About halfway through the cup, it suddenly became quite bitter and I had to stir it to loosen it up. The tea wasn’t bad, but I didn’t think it was great.

I got a sample of this awhile back. I like that it goes well with the almond-coconut milk we have. Other than that, it’s not really all that memorable, just pleasant.

Nice blend, I love the mix between the coconut and the lemongrass

Love it. The coconut and lemongrass make this a nice tropical getaway from the traditional masala chai. Mmmmm…good.

The Purrfect Cup

Glad I read there was coconut in this before drinking it! It came as part of the Chai Sampler I purchased not long ago.

One of my favorites.

Boiling 8 min or more

So I finally get to try the infamous Thai Chai from Adagio! (It’s really only infamous because I’ve built it up in my head as this great, inpenetrable force, after wanting it for so long).
And….after preparing it the way adagio suggested, and adding a teaspoon or so of sugar, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m a bit underwhelmed.
I was expecting the messiah in tea form to come sweep me off my feet and change the entire way that I perceive tea. Instead, I have a really decent cup of tea, but no change in perception. Oh well, this is what I get for building myself up!
The lemongrass I feel is a bit over the top for me—however—this is still a really delicious cup of tea, and it’s definately something I’m going to serve to my friends in my new teapot when they come to visit. I just don’t know if I’ll purchase it again when I know about Zhena’s coconut chai…mmm.
I’m going to try it with milk as well and see how it goes. Until then, still really good, but not my favorite thing ever.

Part of a sampler. I really liked the flavors of this tea, like curry in a cup – I know that sounds weird, but it is a really good thing.

Love, love, love this tea! This is a refreshing, tropical version of the usual chai (masala) and does it very well.

In addition to the usual chai spices (cinnamon, ginger, and I think it has cloves), there is lemon grass that adds a nice brightness. Then there is more ginger than in a typical chai giving it a nice bite. The star here though is the coconut, which bring a wonderful creaminess that takes you to an exotic vacation spot. I also love that it’s real dried, unsweetened coconut shavings instead of flavoring, which can taste artificial.

This definitely needs sweetener to bring out all the flavors. I don’t usually put milk or cream in my tea but I’d love to try this with coconut milk!

Just not a big fan of this tea. W/the lemongrass and coconut combination and the milk I added, I swear it tasted like a mild thai curry… so hmmm not sure if that taste should be in a tea…

Lori

In fact, it really wasn’t that spicy…

I have only had this tea straight, but think the coconut milk sounds great! It is smooth and spicy at the same time, a very enjoyable tea!