Thai Chai

Black Chai Herbal Blend
Chicken Soup, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Zest, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I decided to finish off my last little bit of Thai Chai in style - by making it traditional-style like I've been saying I will for months. I used this recipe on the website...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1629 tasting notes
  • “Onto some more samples from *CHAroma* tonight as I await trick-or-treaters! I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting with this one, but I was initially quite put off by a very soapy aroma from...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2596 tasting notes
  • “In celebration of Coconut Day, I invite you, steepsterites, to join me in a rousing rendition of The Coconut Song, which I have just made up on the spot even though there are songs about coconuts...” Read full tasting note
    chibibigos 382 tasting notes
  • “So, I still haven't gotten around to trying this one with coconut milk, and I probably won't. I think there's only a cup's worth left and I don't think it's worth repurchasing. On one hand, I...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Silky sweet coconut and playful bright lemongrass highlight this seductive black tea chai blend. Let the aroma draw you in and you’ll swear you hear it beckoning…come closer, just take a sip.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or coconut milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

What this isn’t: a traditional chai. The spices are great, but they are a completely different blend from a typical masala chai. The coconut and lemongrass lack the body typically associated with a good chai, and it won’t really warm you up that much. I have yet to try this with milk and sugar though, so I might be wrong.

What this is: delicious. This reminds me so much of Solonese food that it holds a special place on my shelf. On its own, it is quiet but rich in a far less assaulting way, and I almost don’t want to mix milk and sugar to it, in fear of losing that subtlety.

This is possibly the best masala chai I’ve ever had. The coconut and lemongrass blend perfectly with the other spices. Great both plain and mixed with coconut milk.

Received as part of the chai sampler. It’s funny that it is described as having chicken soup flavor. My first thought when I started drinking this was that it tastes like my favorite soup from our local Thai restaurant. I wouldn’t describe it as savory, though, and I enjoyed it with milk and honey

3 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I made the mistake a couple months ago of ordering a lot of Adagio teas at once. I was so disappointed in the ones that I tried that I stopped trying them at all. Picking out this blend today, I was worried I’d be faced with the same experience. Luckily, this seems to be hitting the spot today. It’s not quite as smooth as my favorite Thai-inspired blend (a Teavana) but it’s a huge step up from the Adagio blends that I had been steeping up. I’m getting a lot of coconut and cinnamon, with some other sweet (vaguely pina colada) flavors.

I can’t list quantity and times today, because my husband made it up this morning.

0 OZ / 0 ML

The aroma is fantastic. Lemongrass and cloves together make an interesting combination. A friend kindly provided this sample for me, knowing that I would love it. Unfortunately, when I steeped this cup, I left no room for milk or sugar. Time to sip it down a bit!

Tea of the morning. I like the coconut and lemongrass in this chai. I added a little sugar and some milk to my cup, but next time I think I’ll add honey and possibly some coconut milk. Overall not a bad chai. It’ll be nice for those days when I want something sweet and spicy but a little different from my traditional masala and chocolate chais.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Interesting and spicy. Prepared it with hot coconut milk and stevia for sweetness. I feel like these flavors belong with food more than they belong in a beverage – but maybe that’s because I just made a similar-tasting yellow curry with chicken last week.

Flavors: Chicken Soup, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Zest, Plants

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

It has a nice rich aroma to it! The smell is sharp but not offending in the least. It tastes of cinnamon with a lemony aftertaste. I enjoy the spicy kick that it has to it, which makes it pleasing to the pallet.

Unexpected sipdown because my cousin saw that I was making tea and she asked me to make her some as well aaand yes. DOWN TO 99 AWW YISS.

This is actually the first time I’ve had this tea. I had a thai chai before, but the last time that was, my aunt ran out of milk and I found whipped cream in the fridge so… I kinda had my tea with whipped cream hahah. It was actually pretty good! Had some weird frothy/milky texture to it haha.

This time around, I just had it with plain old milk and sugar. Nice tea, definitely taste the lemongrass and it is very tropical. I’m still loving my plain old masala chai though.
This tea is decent. Not my favourite, but decent.

((on a completely different note, raise your hand if you hate daylight savings time!! Dude. I want that hour of sleep back.))

carol who

Hand raised!

I’ve never made a chai on my own before, but this one was delicious and soothing with or without milk.