Thai Chai

Black Chai Herbal Blend
Astringent, Coconut, Lemon, Lemongrass, Spices, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Ginger, Chicken Soup, Cloves, Lemon Zest, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Silky sweet coconut and playful bright lemongrass highlight this seductive black tea chai blend. Let the aroma draw you in and you’ll swear you hear it beckoning…come closer, just take a sip.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or coconut milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

Interesting and spicy. Prepared it with hot coconut milk and stevia for sweetness. I feel like these flavors belong with food more than they belong in a beverage – but maybe that’s because I just made a similar-tasting yellow curry with chicken last week.

Flavors: Chicken Soup, Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon Zest, Plants

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

It has a nice rich aroma to it! The smell is sharp but not offending in the least. It tastes of cinnamon with a lemony aftertaste. I enjoy the spicy kick that it has to it, which makes it pleasing to the pallet.

Unexpected sipdown because my cousin saw that I was making tea and she asked me to make her some as well aaand yes. DOWN TO 99 AWW YISS.

This is actually the first time I’ve had this tea. I had a thai chai before, but the last time that was, my aunt ran out of milk and I found whipped cream in the fridge so… I kinda had my tea with whipped cream hahah. It was actually pretty good! Had some weird frothy/milky texture to it haha.

This time around, I just had it with plain old milk and sugar. Nice tea, definitely taste the lemongrass and it is very tropical. I’m still loving my plain old masala chai though.
This tea is decent. Not my favourite, but decent.

((on a completely different note, raise your hand if you hate daylight savings time!! Dude. I want that hour of sleep back.))

carol who

Hand raised!

I’ve never made a chai on my own before, but this one was delicious and soothing with or without milk.

This is from last week, made notes in my notebook before I found steepster.

I don’t know why, but every time I try a chai tea I expect to be blown away by spices. I’m am very very frequently let down.

I prepared this plain (not a proper chai P:) and the flavors were a little flat compared to what I expected. You can also read that as the flavors were “smooth”. It was very pleasant, gentle, and flavors were there. But the “Thai” side of things definitely toned down the spices I was weirdly expecting.

I’ll happily finish off my samples, and maybe make a proper chai with it. :)

steeped about 2 teaspoons worth. Still not very strong but quite tasty nonetheless… Added milk and sugar, as I tend to do with all chais :)

Over all, this is pretty tasty. The lemongrass really makes this chai stand apart. I’m not sure I would order more when I’m done with my little sample bag.

A smooth and creamy chai, good for when traditional chai is just too spicy and strong. I prefer it with agave and milk to draw out the coconut smoothness even more! However, I usually lean towards spicier chai.

To start, this is not my favorite chai, it’s really good, just wish it was stronger. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Tasting notes:
1.) Very sweet, you definitely taste the coconut.
2.) Has a good black tea undertone.
3.) Spices could be a bit more present.

How I brewed it:
Steeped at 212° for 5 minutes

I am huge fan of Chai, so I am always on the look out for new variations and I when I saw this one from Adagio I had to try it. you can taste all the flavours of their traditional Chai but then you get the lemongrass which works really with the rest of the flavours.

Amazing blend! The ingredients all perfectly combine with eachother. Warm and comforting with a lovely exotic smell that somehow reminds me of Thai food – must be the spices :)