Thai Chai

Black Chai Herbal Blend
Cardamon, Cinnamon, Coconut, Ginger, Chicken Soup, Cloves, Lemon Zest, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Silky sweet coconut and playful bright lemongrass highlight this seductive black tea chai blend. Let the aroma draw you in and you’ll swear you hear it beckoning…come closer, just take a sip.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz up, boiling water for 5 minutes, Sugar, cream or coconut milk if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

Unexpected sipdown because my cousin saw that I was making tea and she asked me to make her some as well aaand yes. DOWN TO 99 AWW YISS.

This is actually the first time I’ve had this tea. I had a thai chai before, but the last time that was, my aunt ran out of milk and I found whipped cream in the fridge so… I kinda had my tea with whipped cream hahah. It was actually pretty good! Had some weird frothy/milky texture to it haha.

This time around, I just had it with plain old milk and sugar. Nice tea, definitely taste the lemongrass and it is very tropical. I’m still loving my plain old masala chai though.
This tea is decent. Not my favourite, but decent.

((on a completely different note, raise your hand if you hate daylight savings time!! Dude. I want that hour of sleep back.))

carol who

Hand raised!

I’ve never made a chai on my own before, but this one was delicious and soothing with or without milk.

This is from last week, made notes in my notebook before I found steepster.

I don’t know why, but every time I try a chai tea I expect to be blown away by spices. I’m am very very frequently let down.

I prepared this plain (not a proper chai P:) and the flavors were a little flat compared to what I expected. You can also read that as the flavors were “smooth”. It was very pleasant, gentle, and flavors were there. But the “Thai” side of things definitely toned down the spices I was weirdly expecting.

I’ll happily finish off my samples, and maybe make a proper chai with it. :)

steeped about 2 teaspoons worth. Still not very strong but quite tasty nonetheless… Added milk and sugar, as I tend to do with all chais :)

Over all, this is pretty tasty. The lemongrass really makes this chai stand apart. I’m not sure I would order more when I’m done with my little sample bag.

A smooth and creamy chai, good for when traditional chai is just too spicy and strong. I prefer it with agave and milk to draw out the coconut smoothness even more! However, I usually lean towards spicier chai.

To start, this is not my favorite chai, it’s really good, just wish it was stronger. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Tasting notes:
1.) Very sweet, you definitely taste the coconut.
2.) Has a good black tea undertone.
3.) Spices could be a bit more present.

How I brewed it:
Steeped at 212° for 5 minutes

I am huge fan of Chai, so I am always on the look out for new variations and I when I saw this one from Adagio I had to try it. you can taste all the flavours of their traditional Chai but then you get the lemongrass which works really with the rest of the flavours.

Amazing blend! The ingredients all perfectly combine with eachother. Warm and comforting with a lovely exotic smell that somehow reminds me of Thai food – must be the spices :)

Reminds me of a Thai iced tea. Nice and spicy, reminiscent of Thai-style curries, but plays well with sugar and milk. I was pleased that the cinnamon wasn’t too strong!

This tea tastes a million times better with a bit of milk and sugar, but I don’t have any here at work and it’s still an enjoyable morning cup. The slight spiciness, especially the ginger, is a nice way to wake your brain up. But the lemongrass and coconut give it a lightness to the flavor. Chai normally makes me think of fall and winter, but I don’t mind drinking this one on a nice spring day.

One thing that I find frustrating is how much loose tea you have to use to get an acceptable flavor. It also doesn’t have the best re-steep value. For these reasons, even though I enjoy it, I don’t know if I’d buy this blend again.