Green Chai

Chai Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cofftea

• “Sipping this while watching the kids' kung fu lessons. It's a little weirder this time than last. With these chunky mixes I think a lot depends on what actually gets into your filter to steep. ...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “YES! Just finished my exam! Step 2 is complete! I finally got around to opening and trying out the chai sampler from Adagio... starting with this one - Green Chai aka Bengal Green Chai. One...” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1585 tasting notes
  • “I believe this is the same tea a the sample I was sent titled "bengal green spice". The picture looks the same as what is in the tin, and the steeping instructions are the same, so I believe they...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “I'm enjoying the bagged variety of this and I'm impressed. It's not the best chai blend out there, but it's spicy and warm, perfect for approaching fall. I upped my rating, as I can enjoy this...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Our smooth China green tea with a chakra warming spice combination. Its natural sweetness and fiery kick will bring you back to center, no matter how polarized you’ve become. OOMMMMM OOMMMMM

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz cup. 3 min at about 180 degrees. Sugar, cream or soy if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

I have been playing around with this one and have found that it really is tempermental. I have gotten cups with tones of spice and no tea flavor, and other times I only get the tea. But then again I guess that is what is great about tea, you really never know what you are going to get in a blend.

This doesn’t work. The lower water temperature combined with shorter steeping time to keep the green tea from getting bitter doesn’t allow the spices to do their job.

This has everything that’s great about chai, but with the edge taken off. It’s then married to everything I like about green tea. Very nice in the afternoon at work.

The lower water temperature is necessary to keep the spice from overpowering the whole tea.

great. my favorite chai tea from Adagio (favorite chai in general since i’ve yet to order elsewhere). i mix this tasty chai brew with a tablespoon of Half and Half, and a small amount of honey. the resultant mixture is creamy, somewhat spicy (not to the extent of malasia chai), with a smoother green tea as a base. the green tea used is NOT a japanese green tea with a really grassy taste, so it has no bitterness to it, and blends well with the chakra herbs and spices to warm me up here in Rochester, New York in January.

I’m very surprised by this tea. I didn’t know what to think of the idea of a “green chai” but I knew I had to try it.

I boiled the water of this one and then forgot about it… so the water had been cooling for a bit. It was probably like 10mins of it sitting there before I finally got to it. Also, I ended up steeping for only 4 mins instead of the 5mins it recommended.

This is being enjoyed straight up and it’s very very good. I am loving it. I’m getting the orange hint from this with the cinnamon and the base is absolutely amazing. I honestly didn’t expect too much as I find a lot of green teas very grassy, but this one is just right! I’m so impressed! Absolutely delicious.

I love all things chai, but I think I prefer it in black/white/rooibos form. Green just has a fresher flavor that doesn’t play quite as nicely for me with the spiciness.

Weak, light, thin, disappointing.

It’s unclear to me if this is a different green chai from the Bengal Green Chai that used to be in Adagio’s chai sampler, but the variety I have is the Bengal Green Chai.

Before trying this I assumed it wouldn’t work. “Chai” is spicy and strong, while greens are delicate. I followed the “3 minutes at 180ºF” instructions, and the spice is toned down as a result. I mixed this with sweetened condensed milk, as I do with my chaos, and the green tea flavor is completely gone. It’s ok, and an interesting change from my normal black chai, but I doubt I’ll ever order it again.

I first started with a sample but liked it so much that I ordered a full-size portion immediately. I really enjoy this tea, especially on a cold, rainy morning. I brew at 180 for 5 minutes and stir in a bit of stevia. I have tried with milk as well and like that too but as I drink at my desk at work, I do not often have milk. I needed a change in my daily green tea repertoire and this hits the mark perfectly.

I really liked the combination of the green and chai. With a dash of honey, it really got me through the mornings.