Green Chai

Chai Green Blend
Cinnamon, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by Cofftea

From Adagio Teas

Our smooth China green tea with a chakra warming spice combination. Its natural sweetness and fiery kick will bring you back to center, no matter how polarized you’ve become. OOMMMMM OOMMMMM

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz cup. 3 min at about 180 degrees. Sugar, cream or soy if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

I have been playing around with this one and have found that it really is tempermental. I have gotten cups with tones of spice and no tea flavor, and other times I only get the tea. But then again I guess that is what is great about tea, you really never know what you are going to get in a blend.

This doesn’t work. The lower water temperature combined with shorter steeping time to keep the green tea from getting bitter doesn’t allow the spices to do their job.

This has everything that’s great about chai, but with the edge taken off. It’s then married to everything I like about green tea. Very nice in the afternoon at work.

The lower water temperature is necessary to keep the spice from overpowering the whole tea.

great. my favorite chai tea from Adagio (favorite chai in general since i’ve yet to order elsewhere). i mix this tasty chai brew with a tablespoon of Half and Half, and a small amount of honey. the resultant mixture is creamy, somewhat spicy (not to the extent of malasia chai), with a smoother green tea as a base. the green tea used is NOT a japanese green tea with a really grassy taste, so it has no bitterness to it, and blends well with the chakra herbs and spices to warm me up here in Rochester, New York in January.

Sweet cinnamon aroma during first steep. So this is a green chai. Definitely distinct from those with the typical black base. The taste is so-so, but I will say that these green leaves are super mild and allow the spices to do all the heavy lifting and hence the foreground is composed of the spices, a tingle left on the tongue.

Despite the spicy presence, nailing down exactly which ones the blend is composed of is a more difficult task. The taste that pulls through is less so the usual thoughtful layering of nutmeg, coriander, etc. but rather a few striking chords, notably those of ginger and cinnamon.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger

3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I didn’t really care for this blend. It seemed very unbalanced, which could happen in a smaller sample size. I found the ginger overpowering and the green tea flavor had a strange and almost bitter-y aftertaste. It wasn’t terrible, but I definitely won’t be purchasing.

Flavors: Ginger

its a spicy Green, I loved it cold (Corn flavor)

I’m very surprised by this tea. I didn’t know what to think of the idea of a “green chai” but I knew I had to try it.

I boiled the water of this one and then forgot about it… so the water had been cooling for a bit. It was probably like 10mins of it sitting there before I finally got to it. Also, I ended up steeping for only 4 mins instead of the 5mins it recommended.

This is being enjoyed straight up and it’s very very good. I am loving it. I’m getting the orange hint from this with the cinnamon and the base is absolutely amazing. I honestly didn’t expect too much as I find a lot of green teas very grassy, but this one is just right! I’m so impressed! Absolutely delicious.

I love all things chai, but I think I prefer it in black/white/rooibos form. Green just has a fresher flavor that doesn’t play quite as nicely for me with the spiciness.

Weak, light, thin, disappointing.