Rooibos Vanilla Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peels, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Vanilla, Spices, Cloves, Spicy, Cardamon, Citrus Zest, Clove, Nuts, Cream, Orange, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Liz K

From Adagio Teas

Masala chai spices in a South African red rooibos base with a hint of vanilla. These spices will dance on your palate while the creamy vanilla rooibos will sing to your soul. Naturally caffeine free for an anytime treat.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz cup, boiling water for 7-10 minutes. Sugar, cream or soy if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

I didn’t think that chai teas were for me until I tried this! The aroma is great, as is the taste. The vanilla seems to calm down the spices, which is probably why it’s the only chai I’ve really liked. I think next time I’ll add a bit of sugar, but I was very pleased with this cup.

I like my chai spicy this one was jut like blah! juts and okey tea. I finished it up cause i had it in my cavenets and im trying to finish some of this bland tea. its not bad but its not my favorite.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 5 OZ / 147 ML

A nice warming mix of spices. The ginger leaves behind a faint burning heat on the tongue. I usually find chai too strong with clove, but here it didn’t overwhelm the other spices. I added just a little sweetener and a splash of almond milk and curled up on the couch with my cup.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I was not expecting such a spicy chai, to be honest, since all of the other rooibos teas I’ve tried lately have been so smooth and sweet, honey-ish. That’s not what this is. It’s got a bite to it, and I can’t say I love it, honestly. I just think I wanted something a little lighter.

Boiling 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

SIPDOWN! I have had 4 cups of this today in order to finish it off & it’s perfect for the beginning of the autumn season. Cozy, almost woody, and decaf :P

I’ve been on the lookout for more decaf tea options recently and decided to give this chai a try. I was happy to find that there was no woody/medicinal flavor from the rooibos! However, the spices were very muted and I could barely taste the vanilla at all. I guess a milder chai is nice for bedtime, but I tend to prefer a bit more flavor. Probably not something I’ll be re-purchasing!

Flavors: Spices, Vanilla

I ordered a sample, because I was curious to see how this ingredients work together and wanted to try something different than masala chai. I have to say I wasn’t really impressed, since the cinnamon and cloves were so overpowering I couldn’t taste any hints of vanilla. I think that the rooibos is too mild for so much clove and cinnamon, even though the spices are the main ingredients of chai.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Spicy

Added 1t of sugar. The vanilla notes compliment the chai nicely.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

The smell from this tea is pretty potent, maybe due to the whole cloves (but I love cloves, so I am pretty okay with it), the actual tea is much less spicy and I do get a subtle vanilla taste – not as much as I’d want but still nice. Not the best chai I’ve had but better than the vanilla chai from Davids!

Flavors: Cardamon, Cloves, Vanilla

This is another tea from my stop at Lollicup. I have been craving chai like a crazy person. You know its fall and about the only time I really like it. Except now since I am trying to cut out some caffeine, particularly at night all the chai I do have is off limits. So I grabbed an ounce of this to try. I was a little hesitant on this one because the cinnamon smell was so strong. The tea does have a strong cinnamon flavor, but the other spices and vanilla in the tea seem to help it out enough that I actually really enjoyed this one. The spice in this chai offered a bit of heat at the end of the sip, while the vanilla almost made it so that I do not need to add any sugar. Might have to stock up on this for the winter. As a side note, I am discovering that an ounce of rooibos does not go nearly as far as an ounce of black tea.

Charissa

I just got Gong Fu Tea’s caffeine-free organic rooibos chai…I should send you some to try. It has a unique taste that’s different from typical chais. Maybe that has to do with the fact that it has a hint of peppermint in it, which I think is unusual!