Rooibos Vanilla Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peels, Rooibos
Spices, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Cloves, Spicy, Cardamon, Citrus Zest, Clove, Nuts, Cream, Orange, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Liz K

From Adagio Teas

Masala chai spices in a South African red rooibos base with a hint of vanilla. These spices will dance on your palate while the creamy vanilla rooibos will sing to your soul. Naturally caffeine free for an anytime treat.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz cup, boiling water for 7-10 minutes. Sugar, cream or soy if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

I didn’t think that chai teas were for me until I tried this! The aroma is great, as is the taste. The vanilla seems to calm down the spices, which is probably why it’s the only chai I’ve really liked. I think next time I’ll add a bit of sugar, but I was very pleased with this cup.

This is the only rooibos I like from Adagio, but it’s very good. So close to a sipdown on this one!

I’ve been on the lookout for more decaf tea options recently and decided to give this chai a try. I was happy to find that there was no woody/medicinal flavor from the rooibos! However, the spices were very muted and I could barely taste the vanilla at all. I guess a milder chai is nice for bedtime, but I tend to prefer a bit more flavor. Probably not something I’ll be re-purchasing!

Flavors: Spices, Vanilla

I ordered a sample, because I was curious to see how this ingredients work together and wanted to try something different than masala chai. I have to say I wasn’t really impressed, since the cinnamon and cloves were so overpowering I couldn’t taste any hints of vanilla. I think that the rooibos is too mild for so much clove and cinnamon, even though the spices are the main ingredients of chai.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Spicy

Added 1t of sugar. The vanilla notes compliment the chai nicely.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

The smell from this tea is pretty potent, maybe due to the whole cloves (but I love cloves, so I am pretty okay with it), the actual tea is much less spicy and I do get a subtle vanilla taste – not as much as I’d want but still nice. Not the best chai I’ve had but better than the vanilla chai from Davids!

Flavors: Cardamon, Cloves, Vanilla

This is another tea from my stop at Lollicup. I have been craving chai like a crazy person. You know its fall and about the only time I really like it. Except now since I am trying to cut out some caffeine, particularly at night all the chai I do have is off limits. So I grabbed an ounce of this to try. I was a little hesitant on this one because the cinnamon smell was so strong. The tea does have a strong cinnamon flavor, but the other spices and vanilla in the tea seem to help it out enough that I actually really enjoyed this one. The spice in this chai offered a bit of heat at the end of the sip, while the vanilla almost made it so that I do not need to add any sugar. Might have to stock up on this for the winter. As a side note, I am discovering that an ounce of rooibos does not go nearly as far as an ounce of black tea.

I just got Gong Fu Tea’s caffeine-free organic rooibos chai…I should send you some to try. It has a unique taste that’s different from typical chais. Maybe that has to do with the fact that it has a hint of peppermint in it, which I think is unusual!

I actually drank this again last night before bed. I loved it so much that I got online and ordered more before falling asleep…..
I had forgotten that I already ordered some from whispering pines….
Oh well…. ;-)

Terri HarpLady

Sounds like you were doing some of that ‘sleep tea ordering’ that we were taking about the other day.

One of my favorite loose leaf teas of all time. I love cloves and chai spices, and this tea gives me the chance to drink it before bed (caffeine-free!). When I was new to tea, the rooibos does tend to be a tad medicine-like in flavor, but there are enough orange peels, ginger, and vanilla flavor to win you over. At this point, I have come to like the rooibos flavor and adore all the additional flavors in this tea. It truly is creamy and spicy at once and I have loved its versatility in many blends. Add mint and you get the flavors of a gummy spice drop. Add lapsang souchong and you get a smoky, spice treat. Add fruit for an almost pie-like flavor. And add more rooibos or caramel to get a major evening dessert tea. Caffeine-free, spicy, creamy, and flexible. A great standard for any tea-lover’s cupboard.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Cream, Orange, Rooibos, Spices, Vanilla

I thought I would try this tea last night because I was trying to not drink caffeine so I could get good sleep. I was on standby to open this morning, meaning wake up at 4:30am. Luckily, I did not need to go in because I did not fall asleep until after 2am.

I’ve never had a rooibos chai before, I did not notice any vanilla but it was nice. I don’t think it is something I would want often. It would be great if my son did so he can have an iced chai latte when his dad does in the summer. So, I’m waiting for my son to get home from school to get his opinion. update: He loves it! He said it tasted a little like pumpkin pie and requested it again tonight. He was very happy to have a chai he can drink.