Rooibos Vanilla Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Masala chai spices in a South African red rooibos base with a hint of vanilla. These spices will dance on your palate while the creamy vanilla rooibos will sing to your soul. Naturally caffeine free for an anytime treat.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz cup, boiling water for 7-10 minutes. Sugar, cream or soy if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

I didn’t think that chai teas were for me until I tried this! The aroma is great, as is the taste. The vanilla seems to calm down the spices, which is probably why it’s the only chai I’ve really liked. I think next time I’ll add a bit of sugar, but I was very pleased with this cup.

I thought I would try this tea last night because I was trying to not drink caffeine so I could get good sleep. I was on standby to open this morning, meaning wake up at 4:30am. Luckily, I did not need to go in because I did not fall asleep until after 2am.

I’ve never had a rooibos chai before, I did not notice any vanilla but it was nice. I don’t think it is something I would want often. It would be great if my son did so he can have an iced chai latte when his dad does in the summer. So, I’m waiting for my son to get home from school to get his opinion. update: He loves it! He said it tasted a little like pumpkin pie and requested it again tonight. He was very happy to have a chai he can drink.

This actually turned out to be a surprise sipdown! (120)
A friend of mine piced up my roommate at an event and she just stayed with us and wanted to take home some tea. She ended up going home with some Super Ginger and Thranduil, and I had about 7 grams of this left so I just decided to do the entire package.
This is actually the first time I had this!

It’s nice and spicy. And.. yeah. That’s about it! It’s a nice mellow chai sooooo yeah.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 7 g 24 OZ / 709 ML

Thought this one was really good. It smelled nothing like vanilla when I first opened it and I can’t say it tastes like Vanilla but it’s delicious. Just a hint of spice at the end of you sip. Loved it!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I expected some vanilla because of the name, but I don’t find it here. However, this is a wonderfully spicy chai. I like my gingerbread cookies seriously spicy, and drinking this tea was like having my favorite gingerbread cookie in a cup. The ginger is especially prominent. The cardamom is less so, but it is still one very flavorful and pleasant combination. This will definitely become the caffeine-free alternative to the chai I usually drink.

I added a little vanilla milk to the second cup, and it made it a real treat.

Central Ohio is several days into another deep freeze, and though I initially reached for something tropical to induce fantasies of warm breezes, palm trees, and lazy days on the beach with a stack of books, this vanilla chai caught my eye, and the promised warmth proved more alluring.

It yields a nicely blended, almost entirely smooth cuppa, especially with a splash of whole milk. The spices really come through at the finish, which explains my “almost” smooth reference—cinnamon nips your tongue at the end, though not unpleasantly. The vanilla and chai are what hit first, making it all a rather interesting and enlivening sip. I’m on my second steep of the leaves right now; occasionally glancing out of my studio window to the subzero, under-a-foot-of-snow world outside as I work, I do indeed feel warmed up and cozy.

I enjoyed this blend a lot! It is naturally sweet, added a little milk, and all of a sudden it was dessert! Great for when I don’t want the caffeine of traditional black chai.

I found this tea rather disappointing. I enjoy Rooibos teas and love vanilla. I didn’t really taste vanilla in this blend.

I got this as a sample, because I was on a tin mission, and they said I got a free sample, the salesgirl was super puzzled when I said ‘Rooibos’ but, I already knew I had weird taste. I quite like this, maybe not as much as my beloved Tulsi Dosha Chai from Teavana, but, this was better than the Rooibos Chai we have. It’s sweet, but not overwhelming.

Actually pretty good with milk & sugar, can’t taste the rooibos at all. (or the vanilla, really, but oh well)