Rooibos Vanilla Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Masala chai spices in a South African red rooibos base with a hint of vanilla. These spices will dance on your palate while the creamy vanilla rooibos will sing to your soul. Naturally caffeine free for an anytime treat.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz cup, boiling water for 7-10 minutes. Sugar, cream or soy if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

A tasty vanilla rooibos with masala. Its flavor is reminiscent of apple cider: sweet and fruity. In particular, I could taste the cloves. The dry leaves are like a potpourri. Nice!

Another one of my favorites from Adagio. Very spicy and warm.

This tea is strongly clove flavored, in a way that many people might not like. I find it reminds me of my teens when I smoked clove cigarettes, in a very good way. The only complaint I have is the lack of vanilla in this vanilla chai. Its there, I’m sure it is, but its too subtle to taste with the potency of the clove. Do I like this tea, absolutely, would I put vanilla in the name, no.

Boiling 8 min or more

After first whiff, this tea smells strongly of licorice root, but that’s not one of the ingredients. It also resembles redwood mulch. Upon brewing, it turns a deep caramel brown. The tea liquor aroma reflects cinnamon. Sans sweetener, this tea tastes like medicine with a tinge of orange peel. Blech! With a dollop of brown sugar, my sweetener of choice, I can taste more of the rooibos and the gentle nibbling of the cardamom. Sadly, no scent or taste of vanilla. Even though my partner likes it, I’d only buy this again as a back up for tea latte drinks.

Boiling 8 min or more

One of the samples I snagged in my recent self-Christmas and good god, was I thoroughly impressed. This is probably the best chai I’ve ever had.

Heavy on the cinnamon and clove, but I absolutely love both flavors so I might be a bit biased. Sweetened with a bit of sugar and hit with a little milk, it was everything I’ve ever wanted in a chai. Second steep was milder but not as much as I’d expected, and still very, very good. Without a doubt, this is one I’ll be getting at least a 3 oz of next time I buy.

Boiling 8 min or more

Second shot at rooibos teas and I like this one much better than the first one I tried. I’d buy a small amount of this to keep around.

I bought the chai sampler from Adagio and I think that this is the best of the bunch! With a little milk and sugar, it’s so creamy and smooth. You can’t taste the rooibos much, but vanilla and ginger are prominent. If you have a sweet tooth, this makes an excellent low-cal substitute for cake or candy. I will definitely be buying this again when my sample runs out!!

First Rooibos for me and I thourghly enjoyed this tea. I added a little amber sugar which mellowed out the spice a little and brought out the vanilla and a splash of milk helped make it nice and smooth. I had an upset stomach at the time and this really helped to settle it down. This will be kept around my house more often now.

Vanilla is the star of this tea and it should be. It’s a nice soothing treat at the end of the day. Although the vanilla is at the fore front the other spices do hit afterwards. After I swallowed the third sip I could taste them more, which made me even happier since I love chai. When I first smelled it before brewing I was a little worried that the other spices would be lost. They are there…

This is one of the first teas I found that I did not need to sweeten (hot tea has not always been my thing), because the vanilla really lends a subtle sweetness to the rooibos. I highly recommend this tea.