Rooibos Vanilla Chai

Chai Rooibos Blend
Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Ginger Root, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peels, Rooibos
Cardamon, Cloves, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Citrus Zest, Clove, Nuts, Cream, Orange, Rooibos, Spices
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Liz K

From Adagio Teas

Masala chai spices in a South African red rooibos base with a hint of vanilla. These spices will dance on your palate while the creamy vanilla rooibos will sing to your soul. Naturally caffeine free for an anytime treat.

We suggest two heaping teaspoons per 6 oz cup, boiling water for 7-10 minutes. Sugar, cream or soy if desired.

About Adagio Teas View company

Central Ohio is several days into another deep freeze, and though I initially reached for something tropical to induce fantasies of warm breezes, palm trees, and lazy days on the beach with a stack of books, this vanilla chai caught my eye, and the promised warmth proved more alluring.

It yields a nicely blended, almost entirely smooth cuppa, especially with a splash of whole milk. The spices really come through at the finish, which explains my “almost” smooth reference—cinnamon nips your tongue at the end, though not unpleasantly. The vanilla and chai are what hit first, making it all a rather interesting and enlivening sip. I’m on my second steep of the leaves right now; occasionally glancing out of my studio window to the subzero, under-a-foot-of-snow world outside as I work, I do indeed feel warmed up and cozy.

I enjoyed this blend a lot! It is naturally sweet, added a little milk, and all of a sudden it was dessert! Great for when I don’t want the caffeine of traditional black chai.

I found this tea rather disappointing. I enjoy Rooibos teas and love vanilla. I didn’t really taste vanilla in this blend.

I got this as a sample, because I was on a tin mission, and they said I got a free sample, the salesgirl was super puzzled when I said ‘Rooibos’ but, I already knew I had weird taste. I quite like this, maybe not as much as my beloved Tulsi Dosha Chai from Teavana, but, this was better than the Rooibos Chai we have. It’s sweet, but not overwhelming.

Actually pretty good with milk & sugar, can’t taste the rooibos at all. (or the vanilla, really, but oh well)

A tasty vanilla rooibos with masala. Its flavor is reminiscent of apple cider: sweet and fruity. In particular, I could taste the cloves. The dry leaves are like a potpourri. Nice!

Another one of my favorites from Adagio. Very spicy and warm.

This tea is strongly clove flavored, in a way that many people might not like. I find it reminds me of my teens when I smoked clove cigarettes, in a very good way. The only complaint I have is the lack of vanilla in this vanilla chai. Its there, I’m sure it is, but its too subtle to taste with the potency of the clove. Do I like this tea, absolutely, would I put vanilla in the name, no.

Boiling 8 min or more

After first whiff, this tea smells strongly of licorice root, but that’s not one of the ingredients. It also resembles redwood mulch. Upon brewing, it turns a deep caramel brown. The tea liquor aroma reflects cinnamon. Sans sweetener, this tea tastes like medicine with a tinge of orange peel. Blech! With a dollop of brown sugar, my sweetener of choice, I can taste more of the rooibos and the gentle nibbling of the cardamom. Sadly, no scent or taste of vanilla. Even though my partner likes it, I’d only buy this again as a back up for tea latte drinks.

Boiling 8 min or more

One of the samples I snagged in my recent self-Christmas and good god, was I thoroughly impressed. This is probably the best chai I’ve ever had.

Heavy on the cinnamon and clove, but I absolutely love both flavors so I might be a bit biased. Sweetened with a bit of sugar and hit with a little milk, it was everything I’ve ever wanted in a chai. Second steep was milder but not as much as I’d expected, and still very, very good. Without a doubt, this is one I’ll be getting at least a 3 oz of next time I buy.