wu yi oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jane Quigley

From Adagio Teas

Oolong tea from the Wuyi mountains in the Fujian province of China. Wuyi Oolong grows defiantly in the gaps of the mountainous rock, rendering cultivation both arduous and spellbindingly beautiful. This tea is famous for its ’dragonfly’s head, frog’s limbs and three colors.’ The latter refers to the green, red and brown colors found in the cross-section of each leaf. Similar to other fine oolong teas, our ‘Wuyi Ensemble’ may be infused a number of times, with each infusion revealing a new nuance of this tea’s complex flavor.

About Adagio Teas View company

Today I am going to close my eyes and pick YET TO BE TASTED TEas out of my pending box. Some are brand new and others have been in there forever whether it be because they scare me or they just haven’t screamed at me to try them yet.

This is one of those teas

It smells like wuyi, it looks like wuyi…it must be wuyi.

Yeah…it’s pretty much your standard rock type taste. Not overly flavorful but not bad. Not my favorite, but drinkable :)

Tea_is_wisdom

Adagio has middle of the road quality teas. They are great teas for a college student on a budget. Or maybe someone new to teas and want to try different teas. Or even someone that wants to try teas that isn’t sure they will like teas or be able to get into them.

TeaEqualsBliss

There are some I really DIG but this one was just ok, I guess! I will say they DO do a lot to promote tea/educate online and I like them for that! Their programs for the farmers and Earth Day! Great things!

Of the teas that I’ve tried from Adagio’s gourmet tea collections thus far, this is the one I’m least impressed with. And that shocks me given that it’s an Oolong and I love most Oolong teas. And I’m not saying I don’t like this, because it’s alright… it’s just kind of meh… it’s alright. It’s drinkable, but it’s not my favorite.

seule771

Wu yi oolong is fine not exciting. For a kick do try Foojoy’s Classic Oolong. This has a more roasted flavor, more bold with rich notes resembling a cup of coffee.