Mocha Nut Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Flavor, Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut Natural Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Mate
Chocolate, Hazelnut, Coffee, Bitter, Cocoa, Earth, Herbaceous, Mocha, Nuts, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by IllBeMother221B

From Adagio Teas

The mellow chicory-like character of our Brazilian toasted mate is a perfect platform for a favorite indulgence – chocolate! Add a bit of hazelnut and you have the perfect treat. Great straight up or enhanced with cream and sugar this mate chocolate hazelnut is sure to entice your taste buds.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

To be honest I forgot I had this sampler. I’d taken in the mate sampler set along with the rooibos sampler set to work and then always end up drinking actual tea-leaf teas at work.

But today after my jasmine in the morning/early afternoon, I felt like something sweeter that would wake me a up a little, so I made a cup of this one. I actually haven’t tried the other mates at all yet, so I almost put in one of the others, but the mocha nut smelled really good, and I remember liking it.

The hazelnut is the strongest flavor to me, which isn’t unpleasant, but is unexpected. It reminds me a bit of weak coffee this time, and I’m not sure what to think about that. I don’t usually drink coffee.

I could see this growing on me, and right now I’m not disliking it, but I’m not wildly enthusiastic either. I am really curious to try the other mates, now, though.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Hazelnut

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I liked this one a lot! The chocolate and nutty tastes heed off some of the bitterness without taking away the pleasant bite the bitterness gives mate. I mixed it with some plain Yerba Mate and really enjoyed that too. Such an earthy, herby flavor! Sooooo satisfying- it’s exactly what I’ve missed since I stopped drinking black tea!

—loose leaf w/ infuser
—1-2 sugar cubes

Flavors: Bitter, Chocolate, Cocoa, Earth, Herbaceous, Mocha, Nuts, Nutty

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Earthy Chocolate

Flavors: Chocolate

The taste of toasted mate always takes me back to the first time I ever had mate – a toasted mate tiramisu. I loved that tea. This one is less chocolately than that one was, and this is also less chocolately than the aroma would suggest. Nuttiness abounds, and it makes for something different and pleasant to drink, this morning.

I tried this the other day cause I really needed the help of caffeine. I was expecting to taste more chocolate, so was a little disappointed but happy to get the caffeine, it did its job.

Tonight I finished my sample and was able to appreciate it more because I knew what to expect, I did not use boiling water like last time and I used more milk than I normally would have to account for not heating enough water. It was great mmmm roasted hazelnut latte, I would drink it again! Maybe buy, not sure. Thanks moraiwe!

I really enjoyed this tea. It has a definite chocolate flavor, and a smokiness that does resemble coffee enough to really bring out the mocha aspect. I could taste the toastiness of the nut too.

I am a coffee convert, so this tea is just what I needed to make the leap from coffee to tea. When I first opened the package, I immediately thought to myself that this couldn’t be so… it was heaven in a pouch. It smelled overwhelmingly (but in a good way) of chocolate and hazelnut; true to the product description. The taste is strikingly similar to that of coffee. With a pinch of rock sugar it is sweet and packs a punch. I would recommend this tea to anyone. Adagio, job well done!

I’ve had this many times, but I’m going to be more controlled about it this time. Still though, it seems to be a similar taste no matter how I brew it: nutty, with a mild chocolately taste. It’s become my standby morning drink, but sometimes I wish the chocolate shone through more.

nice surprise with my first try of this roasted mate blend, although the chocolate/nutty smell is much more stronger than the actual flavor

I have to admit that I am a big Starbucks fan. I love my lattes! I was shocked how similar it tasted to a latte after a splash of almond milk and sugar. I think this is perfect for someone transitioning from coffee to teas/tisanes. This is a definite repeat purchase!