Mocha Nut Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Madison Bartholemew

• “So Adagio suggested 150F but that seemed a bit low, plus the zojirushi has 140 and 175, so I just went with 175. ANYWAY. I've been avoiding this sampler but I think it's time to give it a try...” Read full tasting note
    kiaharii 246 tasting notes
  • “"Mmmm, chocolate..." is my first thought when I opened the package. It's not just chocolate though, there's a richer, nutty scent as well. I'm glad that there was no actual coffee involved in the...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1527 tasting notes
  • “This is a backlog of when I finished this tea up. This was a nice tisane with milk and sugar. This is an okay mate, and it definitely wasn't the best I've tried.” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1569 tasting notes
  • “this is delicious. this tea is my first time ever having mate, but after sipping it on my commute to school, it certainly won't be the last. I am convinced to buy more after this sample runs out! ” Read full tasting note
    LissaMarie 190 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

The mellow chicory-like character of our Brazilian toasted mate is a perfect platform for a favorite indulgence – chocolate! Add a bit of hazelnut and you have the perfect treat. Great straight up or enhanced with cream and sugar this mate chocolate hazelnut is sure to entice your taste buds.

About Adagio Teas View company

I am a coffee convert, so this tea is just what I needed to make the leap from coffee to tea. When I first opened the package, I immediately thought to myself that this couldn’t be so… it was heaven in a pouch. It smelled overwhelmingly (but in a good way) of chocolate and hazelnut; true to the product description. The taste is strikingly similar to that of coffee. With a pinch of rock sugar it is sweet and packs a punch. I would recommend this tea to anyone. Adagio, job well done!

I’ve had this many times, but I’m going to be more controlled about it this time. Still though, it seems to be a similar taste no matter how I brew it: nutty, with a mild chocolately taste. It’s become my standby morning drink, but sometimes I wish the chocolate shone through more.

nice surprise with my first try of this roasted mate blend, although the chocolate/nutty smell is much more stronger than the actual flavor

I have to admit that I am a big Starbucks fan. I love my lattes! I was shocked how similar it tasted to a latte after a splash of almond milk and sugar. I think this is perfect for someone transitioning from coffee to teas/tisanes. This is a definite repeat purchase!

I was expecting something earthier, but to my surprise, this was a very sweet and pleasant tea. The mocha and hazelnut flavoring is quite strong, and I suspect fans of those flavors of coffee would very much enjoy this. I did notice the caffeine was a bit higher than normal, definitely not something to try before you go to bed!

Find my full review and more at www.teageek.org

Lowered my rating on this. I’m starting to get kind of tired of it.