Mocha Nut Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Flavor, Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut Natural Flavouring, Marigold Flowers, Mate
Chocolate, Nuts, Hazelnut, Mocha, Nutty, Coffee, Bitter, Cocoa, Earth, Herbaceous
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by IllBeMother221B

From Adagio Teas

The mellow chicory-like character of our Brazilian toasted mate is a perfect platform for a favorite indulgence – chocolate! Add a bit of hazelnut and you have the perfect treat. Great straight up or enhanced with cream and sugar this mate chocolate hazelnut is sure to entice your taste buds.

About Adagio Teas View company

I liked this tea a lot, but it doesn’t seem to hold up well to more than one or two steeps. It grows increasingly bitter and the other flavors seem to disappear.

I’m finally getting around to trying this, I’ve had it for maybe about a month now. The dry tisane itself smells delicious – very nutty and chocolately. I ended up steeping mine for about 3 min at 160 F. The resulting liquor is a light golden brown. You can definitely smell and taste the nuttiness but I feel like the chocolate flavor is lacking. Perhaps I need to steep it a little longer since Adagio suggests 3-5 min. Regardless, this tea is pretty yummy and smooth. Not bitter at all. This is the first mate I’ve ever tried. I also like how there is no oily film in this tisane as there are with some others that include chocolate pieces.

Flavors: Nutty

Oh, this is good. I bought it on a whim while I was on an Adagio tea-buying spree. I usually don’t like chocolate teas, but the notes on here convinced me it might be a good idea. You all were not wrong!

I thought I was accidentally over-steeping because I started talking to someone and not paying attention to my tea, but nope. Right on time. It’s nice and toasty and the chocolate/hazelnut taste is definitely there, but not too fakey-fakey tasting like some chocolate teas I’ve had.

Flavors: Chocolate, Hazelnut

I am trying this for the first time, it’s a result of a giveaway from Ubacat.

I’ve had a few flavored mates in the past. The best ones so far seem to come from Fusion Teas and I’ve been wanting to place an order with them for a while…. but can’t seem to justify it at the moment.

The package says to steep this at 150 F for 3-5 minutes. I decided to live dangerously so mine is more about 170 F for 5 minutes. The tea is very dark and reminds me of coffee in that it’s also fairly bitter. I am getting a bit of mocha. It reminds me of a chocolate covered espresso bean.. However, I couldn’t really drink this without adding soymilk and coconut sugar. then again, I don’t drink coffee black either. It’s nice to have a few mate blends around just to really have that energy boost. But I am coveting the Fusion teas blends once again… sigh

This is ok and I will finish off the pouch but I don’t need to buy any… I will revise the rating if a shorter steeping time makes it more enjoyable.

carol who

The name sounds so good. How disappointing.

TeaBrat

indeed.

To be honest I forgot I had this sampler. I’d taken in the mate sampler set along with the rooibos sampler set to work and then always end up drinking actual tea-leaf teas at work.

But today after my jasmine in the morning/early afternoon, I felt like something sweeter that would wake me a up a little, so I made a cup of this one. I actually haven’t tried the other mates at all yet, so I almost put in one of the others, but the mocha nut smelled really good, and I remember liking it.

The hazelnut is the strongest flavor to me, which isn’t unpleasant, but is unexpected. It reminds me a bit of weak coffee this time, and I’m not sure what to think about that. I don’t usually drink coffee.

I could see this growing on me, and right now I’m not disliking it, but I’m not wildly enthusiastic either. I am really curious to try the other mates, now, though.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, Hazelnut

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I liked this one a lot! The chocolate and nutty tastes heed off some of the bitterness without taking away the pleasant bite the bitterness gives mate. I mixed it with some plain Yerba Mate and really enjoyed that too. Such an earthy, herby flavor! Sooooo satisfying- it’s exactly what I’ve missed since I stopped drinking black tea!

—loose leaf w/ infuser
—1-2 sugar cubes

Flavors: Bitter, Chocolate, Cocoa, Earth, Herbaceous, Mocha, Nuts, Nutty

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Earthy Chocolate

Flavors: Chocolate

The taste of toasted mate always takes me back to the first time I ever had mate – a toasted mate tiramisu. I loved that tea. This one is less chocolately than that one was, and this is also less chocolately than the aroma would suggest. Nuttiness abounds, and it makes for something different and pleasant to drink, this morning.

I tried this the other day cause I really needed the help of caffeine. I was expecting to taste more chocolate, so was a little disappointed but happy to get the caffeine, it did its job.

Tonight I finished my sample and was able to appreciate it more because I knew what to expect, I did not use boiling water like last time and I used more milk than I normally would have to account for not heating enough water. It was great mmmm roasted hazelnut latte, I would drink it again! Maybe buy, not sure. Thanks moraiwe!

I really enjoyed this tea. It has a definite chocolate flavor, and a smokiness that does resemble coffee enough to really bring out the mocha aspect. I could taste the toastiness of the nut too.