Mango Mate

Yerba maté Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kiaharii

• “Backlog: Started the day with this Mate. Had just enough for one pot. I liked it alright, although it was not my favorite mate blend. I suspect that this particular mate is made from either...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4391 tasting notes
  • “Delicious! I drank this one up fairly quickly. This is a decent flavored mate. I am beginning to think that I like plain and chocolate flavored mates only.” Read full tasting note
    oOTeaOo 1592 tasting notes
  • “Not terrible for a Mate tea but not great either. The taste of Mango is rather muted and really only kicks in as an after taste which isn't wholly bad but not really my thing. The Mate tasted very...” Read full tasting note
    knifeblood102 98 tasting notes
  • “I've got agree with other reviewers that this tea is decent but nothing spectacular. The mango flavor comes in nicely and it's great if you want a wake-up tea that had a fruitiness to it, but...” Read full tasting note
    creame01 10 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Long hailed in South American countries as a healthy, energizing social beverage, Yerba Mate is finding a new audience in North America. Notable is its ability to provide energy without the jitteriness suffered by coffee imbibers.

The herbal-grassy notes of energizing Argentine Yerba Mate blended with the refreshing taste of ripe mangoes.

Enjoyed hot or iced it is sure to please mate fans with its lively character and renew your zest for life. Argentine Yerba Mate blended with the succulent fruitiness of ripe mangoes. Floral-fruity aroma with tangy-fruity mate mango taste. Great hot or iced.

Please note that all Mate varieties contains caffeine; we would not suggest it as a nightcap.

About Adagio Teas View company

Backlog: Started the day with this Mate. Had just enough for one pot. I liked it alright, although it was not my favorite mate blend. I suspect that this particular mate is made from either smoked or aged mate, which seems to bring out the strong vegetal/earthy notes in the Mate. The mango softened them quite a bit, though, making it enjoyable. I do like the way that the mate and the mango worked together. The mango softened the harsh notes of the mate while the mate countered some of the fruity sweetness so that it wasn’t too sweet. Overall, this was pleasant.

Not terrible for a Mate tea but not great either. The taste of Mango is rather muted and really only kicks in as an after taste which isn’t wholly bad but not really my thing. The Mate tasted very wheaty in itself but not to the point where it was unpleasant.

I’ve got agree with other reviewers that this tea is decent but nothing spectacular. The mango flavor comes in nicely and it’s great if you want a wake-up tea that had a fruitiness to it, but overall there’s not a ton of complexity to this cup. I’m glad I only ordered a sample size of this tea.