Dragonwell

Green Tea
Flowers, Grass, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from the Chinese village of Dragon Well (Lung Ching in local parlance). Dragon Well tea has a distinguished shape. Its leaves are broad and flat, a result of laborious drying. There is something to show for this hard work: Dragon Well tea is refreshingly smooth, sweet and delicate, among the very best of Chinese greens. Our ‘Dragon Well Requiem’ is a First Grade version of this truly sublime tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Sarah thought it was really good.
Brad likes it too.

my morning cup for today and I must say it’s a good cup of green tea….

Dry Leaf Nose: Vegetal with slight floral notes

Liqour: A light Green-Yellow color

Flavour: Slightly grassy with an ending dryness. Also there is a slight tang present.

Please Note: A quick rinse was done on the leaves.

When I opened the package, the dry leaves smelled strongly and unpleasantly grassy. I was concerned, but plunged forward.

Once brewed, it turned out really nice—there was a touch of grassy flavor, but it was subtle, and not the ugly harsh sort of grassy. Mostly it was a bright but gentle blend of other scents and flavors, with a sweet kind of spinachy vegetal, a hint of spring blossoms and honey, and just a bit fruity. The spinach comes out more on the second steep.

Dragon Well is one of my favorite green teas ever, so this one really disappoints me. I don’t know why, but every time I make this particular brand of Dragonwell, it’s bitter and tasteless. I’ve tried varying steep time and temperature, but it never seems to come out tasting like Dragon Well at all. Sad :(

Tastes like spinach water extremely grassy and just plain horrible the leaves are dark and broken and not very attractive This is the first of 7 teas I ordered from Adagio.com I hope the others are better than this because this was not a very good start for our business relationship.

Can’t really remember what time I set this to, but this is the first tea I’ve ever had that managed to actually taste significantly sweet without sugar! All I remember is that I turned off the boiling water and let it sit for about 10 – 15 minutes, then poured it up and waited about 3 to 3.5 minutes and I got what was lovely, grassy, smooth, and delicately sweet tea! I’m definitely gonna buy more of this stuff when Adagio restocks!

This is a very easy drinking green tea, as it is surprisingly smooth, a little buttery, and very light, with a planty taste.

You really have to be in a relaxed mood to appreciate this group. It is very characteristic of your standard green. Slightly grassy, it is also layered with a small layer of caramel sweetness and reminiscent of roasted popcorn. A superb evening tea to chill with. One of my favorite greens I’ve tried!

I am of two minds about Adagio’s Dragonwell. At first, this tea kept pulling me back to the green side. So distinctive, so nutty, so mellow, and with a singularly flat leaf shape that must have romanced many a wooden-hulled tea-trader in centuries gone by, Dragonwell was the first tea that made me want to extrapolate tasting notes like a wagonized wino — the sort of ever-so-slightly unusual tea, I felt, that implied literary tributes, glamorous odes, maybe even a saucy limerick or two. When I wanted something different, Dragonwell was the tea for which I reached into my disturbingly organized tea cupboard.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I discovered how much Steepsterites hate Adagio’s rendition of Dragonwell! The vitriol, the vitriol: it is enclouding all the drinking water! But I kid, I kid. I am the first to acknowledge my current green tea rank, which is, summarily, “Novice Green Tea Admirer: Ready and Willing to Advance,” so it is now my mission to try another brand’s offering. I shall not give up on you, Dragonwell! I shall solve your bestially-leafed mystery!

P.S. It is disturbing to think that perhaps the flavor I associate with Dragonwell is not really Dragonwell at all, rather like the old philosophical chestnut: “What if what I see as the color orange is not the color you see as the color orange? How would we ever know?” Lucky for me and the dragons, a tea mystery is far more experimentally-based than a philosophical one.

I’ve never been more ready to put together my usual tea-haikus, which are two in number for this well of debated dragons:

Long-bodied, chartreuse,
nutty dragon at the well:
are you déclassé?

Is this Dragonwell
I see before me? Come, let
me clutch another.

(Sorry about that last one, Mr. Shakespeare. Sort of.)