Cancer (The Zodiac Series)

Green Herbal White Blend
Astringent, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Scott Cranfill

• “I've just realize that I don't really care for the smell of this tea - it's almost _too_ sickly sweet. Luckily the tea itself is toned down, otherwise I'd probably be gagging on it!” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1611 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging this - I decided to try steeping this at a gentler temperature, more like a white tea,as the base is white tea, green tea and herbals. It really did not provide a satisfactory steep. ...” Read full tasting note
    ccarter756 110 tasting notes
  • “Still one of my faves. The chamomile adds such a great depth, and it is very forgiving of boiling water and oversteeping. As Cynthia says, it almost requires a strong preparation, but that's okay...” Read full tasting note
    scott_ish 59 tasting notes
  • “Normally I don't really care for floral teas, but since I'm a cancer I figured why not try it out? I'm glad I did! While this won't be an everyday "go-to" kind of tea for me, I know I'll be glad to...” Read full tasting note
    kiki 173 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A well-stocked cupboard makes a Cancer happy why not fill it with a custom blend of Apricot Green, White Pear and a tiny bit of Foxtrot.

People born under this sign are: Emotional, Loving, Intuitive, Imaginative, Shrewd, Cautious, Protective, Sympathetic, Changeable, Moody, Touchy, Clinging, Unable to let go.

Created by: Inguna Trepsa

About Adagio Teas View company

I’ve just realize that I don’t really care for the smell of this tea – it’s almost too sickly sweet. Luckily the tea itself is toned down, otherwise I’d probably be gagging on it!

Eric Walter

How much of a deal breaker is the “smell” of your teas? I had a huge issue with the Honeybush Vanilla from Teavana that made me gag, however the tea itself wasn’t to strong.

Jillian

For me it isn’t a huge deal as my nose tends to adapt to scents quickly so I no longer smell them. Still, I suppose it does take away from the whole ‘experience of tea’ if you’re into that.

Cofftea

Eric, you mean like Adagio’s white cucumber? lol;)

Eric Walter

haha I hope I’m not the only one that’s “into that”. Maybe I need to keep trying? Did you get your “Zodiac Series” as a complimentary purchase?

Jillian

Yes, it’s matched with your birthday. Since my birthday is in July and I fall under the Cancer Zodiac sign, that was the tea I got. It’s only a sample-sized container so if it turns out you don’t care for the one you get then it’s really not much waste.

Cofftea

I don’t like that Adagio won’t let you write reviews on the free samples they give you.

LENA

smell is HUGE for me. I go on and try the tea, but I smell everything first.

Backlogging this – I decided to try steeping this at a gentler temperature, more like a white tea,as the base is white tea, green tea and herbals. It really did not provide a satisfactory steep. The same tea that tasted delicate and flowery when brewed at boiling temperature tasted weak and watery when brewed at lower temperature.

Still one of my faves. The chamomile adds such a great depth, and it is very forgiving of boiling water and oversteeping. As Cynthia says, it almost requires a strong preparation, but that’s okay with me.

Prepared in Adagio IngenuiTEA teapot.

Normally I don’t really care for floral teas, but since I’m a cancer I figured why not try it out? I’m glad I did! While this won’t be an everyday “go-to” kind of tea for me, I know I’ll be glad to have it on hand. This first time trying it, I am getting more of the floral notes versus the fruity ones. I barely added any sugar, maybe 1/4tsp, and it sweetened it up just enough for me. Maybe next time I’ll be sure to get more of the fruit pieces in.

I do love the tin that it comes in! Gorgeous artwork, and I adore the star map on the inside of the lid. The look of the dry tea itself is enchanting. Just the event of getting out this tea and preparing it is calming. Overall I’m very happy with it :)

sherapop

I love the Zodiac tins, too! I feel compelled to collect them all eventually…

Hello.Kiki

They are so gorgeous! I know there are a few other zodiac teas I would love to get. This is the only one I have, but do you have a favorite out of the ones you’ve tried?

I am just not much for Adagio’s green or white teas. They all taste like leaves and grass to me. There’s a sharp, astringent taste to this tea, like every other Adagio green or white I’ve tried. I didn’t really notice the other flavors. It was hard to take more than a few sip of this one.

Flavors: Astringent, Grass

This is a good tea don’t get me wrong. But as a fellow cancer I just have to say it’s far too mellow. Although it does have a charming taste to it, that’s not at all bad. It just didn’t do it for me as well as I had hoped. To me it’s not a tea I would drink every day, but every so often.