Green Rooibos Bonita

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Green Rooibos, Marigold Flowers, Natural Orange Flavor, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Orange Peels, Peach Flavour, Strawberry
Flowers, Orange Zest, Peach, Orange
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Adagio Teas

Light bodied with a natural subtle sweetness, green rooibos plays well with a variety of flavors. This summer fruit inspired blend of green rooibos with peaches, strawberries and citrus is juicy, nectar-like and supremely refreshing. This “palate pretty” medley of flavors is muy delicioso; hot or iced and naturally caffeine-free.

About Adagio Teas View company

This tastes like fruit stripes gum!

Smells strongly of strawberry and peach, which seems to mostly overwhelm the green rooibos and completely eliminate any smell of citrus (as it cooled the citrus smell did emerge). This green rooibos tea seems to be more about the different fruit flavors and less about the green rooibos. I don’t mind strawberry and peach, they are two of my favorite fruits and the combination does smell quite nice with the slight malty hint of green rooibos just peaking through yet I find myself wishing for more of the rooibos to “come out and play”.

Taste is dueling strawberry and peach flavors with a hint of green rooibos and something that may occasionally be what is left of the citrus coming through. I came here hoping for a green rooibos with some fruit hints and came away with a mostly fruit tea that has hints of green rooibos. I may try adding some additional green rooibos to see if that achieves more of what I was hoping for with this tea but all in all this will only be purchased in larger quantities if my wife likes it.

As it cools the citrus smell is being further revealed. I can see why many like this tea. It does have layers and a complexity in flavor, however I find myself wanting to blend it with something to truly go where I would want to take this tea.

Not my first choice in rooibos but definitely better and much more drinkable than the red rooibos vanilla.

As it cools I seem to be getting a slight strawberry kool-aid aftertase from this which means I definitely would want to keep this hot to try and prevent this taste from coming through. Hence in my opinion (to avoid the kool-aid flavor) brew it in small cups and drink it quickly before it gets too cold.

NOTE: bumped to a higher rating see comments I’ve added below as to why

Muiriddin

I tried this again blending with 1 tsp of Green Rooibos and 1 tsp of Green Rooibos Bonita. That approach actually muted the other flavors too much.

Muiriddin

I keep drinking this even though I rated it low. I have not gotten the kool-aid taste at all of late, I am going to have to bump my rating on this tea…

New 3 oz bag from my Adagio order! I’ve been scraping out the bottom of this tea for what feels like forever and was completely out of it for like a WHOLE WEEK. Never again my love. Never again <3

Flavors: Orange, Peach

rosebudmelissa

Wow, I’ll have get a sample of this next time I order from Adagio. You make it sound so good! And I love peaches, too.

albertocanfly

How do you prepare this tea?! I have some but it tasted a bit watery to me… Teach me your ways, please!:P

madametj

I use more than they recommend. Like for a 16 ounce mug I use 16 ounce mug I’ll probably use a heaping tablespoon. For one cup, two teaspoons instead of one! This is probably why I run out so quickly, but it’s totally worth it!

albertocanfly

Well, I’m definitely going to have to try this!^.^ I’d rather have fewer delicious cups of tea than many ehh cups:P Thank you!

madametj

no prob!

Just took my first sip of the New Green Rooibos Bonita from Adagio Teas. I was very excited to try this since I’m really looking hard for a Rooibos I like. This one is delish!! It smells and tastes “pretty” is the only way I can describe it. Very light on all the flavors- not one is comanding the other. The green rooibos, strawberry, orange, and peach flavors are playing together very nicely in this one!

Conclusion: I think I just don’t like green rooibos as much as red rooibos. Even with lots of agave I’m just not getting any flavour. Someone who likes rooibos but would prefer it less sweet and a bit more medicinal might like this, or maybe I’m just spoiled by fantastic rooibos blends from local shops, but I’m just not a fan of this. Too bad, really.

This smells predominately strawberry and peach, both dry and wet, it reminds me Teavana’s Rooibos Tropica. It tastes like strawberry and peaches, the citrus is mostly in the aftertaste and becomes stronger in taste as it cools. I didn’t care for this one too much, especially as it started to cool, I guess it’s the way the citrus blended with the strawberry and peach. At any rate, I’ll stick with Teavana’s Rooibos Tropica.

This is a nice light, fruity tea. I can taste the peach and strawberry in it, but not the citrus. There is no tartness to it, yet somehow the fruit flavor manages to not be too sweet. It is very nectar-like, with a syrupy quality to it. Prepared with stevia.

I tried this recently and immediately bought a bag of it. I like regular rooibos tea okay, but this is amazing. It has the taste of a nice green tea, which I love but can’t enjoy in the afternoons and evenings, and the floral flavors added to it make it divine. My new favorite non-tea tea!

Backlog
Thank you Marzipan for a sample of this. I could brewed this and took it to class earlier this week, and forgot to log it, so I don;t remember everything about this tea. I do remember that it was fruity and delicious and that I finished all 28oz about 30 minutes into class and really regretted it when I had to spend the next 90 minutes holding back the urge to go to the bathroom!

28 OZ / 828 ML

Thanks for the sample Marzipan

Hmm, green rooibos is better than red, but it is still rooibos! Meh. Shame because I might’ve liked this flavoring otherwise. Oh well! Can’t win em all :)