Green Rooibos Key West

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apricot, Green Rooibos, Mango, Passionfruit
Mango, Apricot
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “_"*Next Steps - Phone Interview.* Thank you for completing the Web-Based Interview and for applying to be a candidate for the Disney College Program. Congratulations - you have been identified as a...” Read full tasting note
    jump62359 562 tasting notes
  • “I am not completely sure this is what I'm drinking; sample from a friend. She got it at a restaurant/tea house in Springfield MO. I don't know whether Adagio has a restaurant wholesale relationship...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1692 tasting notes
  • “This is my favorite of the adagio green rooibos blends. It has a light sweetness to it that tastes like apple juice and a hint of strawberry flavor. Nothing is over flavored, it just blends well...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “This smells deliciously sweet. I love the mango scents. The flavor is light and green - no particular flavor is jumping out at me, but it's refreshing and relaxing at the same time, which is a...” Read full tasting note
    BlueKittyMeow 124 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Green rooibos is a lighter bodied, un-oxidized version of the traditional “red tea.” Its natural fruitiness is a perfect base for tropical flavors. Our Key West blend of sweet passionfruit, luscious mango and a hint of tangy apricot will whisk you away to the sunny shores and ocean breezes of Papa’s paradise. Naturally caffeine-free for your “Sunset Celebration.”

About Adagio Teas View company

Next Steps – Phone Interview.
Congratulations – you have been identified as a strong candidate! Your next step is to schedule a phone interview. . .”

Finished the WBI and I signed up for the phone interview on the 26th at 11am.
HELLO DISNEY, NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN. PLEASE BE NICE OR I’LL FLY INTO THE SUN.

Sipdown tonight. Rooibos because I have to be up at 6am because I’m signing up for classes at 7 and I still really need to calm myself down because DISNEY.
This tea is actually starting to grow on me though. I realized that I had to overleaf and oversteep to get all the flavour I’d like.

Flavors: Apricot

Boiling 8 min or more 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML
aisling of tea

Congrats! And good luck!!

jump62359

Aww thanks, babe s going on with my tasting notes now am very sorry))

I am not completely sure this is what I’m drinking; sample from a friend. She got it at a restaurant/tea house in Springfield MO. I don’t know whether Adagio has a restaurant wholesale relationship or not.

Other than some rose petals in what I’m seeing, however, the sample is nearly identical to the product photo here.

Enough conjecture. What I’m sure of is that this smells unbelievably sweet and fruity. “Like candy,” one coworker said. (People are finally getting used to my sticking a Ziplock bag under their noses and saying, “You gotta smell this!”)

Equally sweet and fruity when steeped. A glorious tropical mishmash with some candi-ness to it. Ought to be great on ice.

Jillian

Adagio does sell wholesale I’m pretty sure, as I’ve seen other tea companies carrying their blends.

This is my favorite of the adagio green rooibos blends. It has a light sweetness to it that tastes like apple juice and a hint of strawberry flavor. Nothing is over flavored, it just blends well with the natural green rooibos base. Can’t wait to try this iced! So delicous.

This smells deliciously sweet. I love the mango scents.
The flavor is light and green – no particular flavor is jumping out at me, but it’s refreshing and relaxing at the same time, which is a huge plus for me, since it’s 12:23, I have work to do but I have a splitting headache. This is pretty much the perfect tea for right now :)

Thank you LiberTEAs!!!!!

This smells like sweet fruit and a hint of pine needle (not sure why but it does!)
It’s a lovely aroma!

The fruit flavors are subtle while sipping but the green rooibos is pleasant :)

This rooibos struck me as adequate but not the soothing and relaxing drink I was hoping for. I believe this was due more to the tense situation in my home at the time than to the drink its self. I will have to revisit this one.

This is pretty tasty. The fruit flavor is pretty strong and overwhelms the flavor of the rooibos, but I really don’t have a problem with that. It is crisp and light and quite refreshing. I took a few sips hot but then decided that it needed to be iced… quite good like this.

A light, tropical tasting tea. It is very fruity and a bit flowery tasting, but nothing over the top. I’m having a hard time picking out individual flavors, everything is blended pretty well. Probably not an everyday tea, but still good. Prepared with stevia.

Oh man, waiting for a possibly life altering doctor’s appointment is tiring! In two days I go to a GI doctor to find out whether or not yes, that rather ill thought out dismissal of me having Celiac disease after an unplanned biopsy when I was 21 was correct of not. Actually this will be a lot of looking at medical history and bloodwork and scheduling a new biopsy. I have been pretty gluten light for years (out of fear!) but lately I noticed that gluten makes me feel like death, so to prepare I have been gorging on the stuff, I feel like a corpse, but it is for science!

But enough about me, how are you? Fine I hope, enjoying some nice sunny weather while sipping tea? This is a good time of year for lounging on a tropical beach while sipping teas, but if you are like me and live too far away from beaches, you can evoke the feel with Green Rooibos Key West by Adagio Teas! With a blend of Green Rooibos, Marigold Flowers, Natural Passionfruit Flavor, Orange Peel, Mango Pieces, Natural Mango Flavor, and Natural Apricot Flavor, it is certainly a tropical party. The aroma is a great blend of tropical fruit and apricot, citrus, a touch of floral, and a tiny hint of woodiness and bamboo. It certainly lives up to its name as of sniffing the dry leaves, which is always a good sign.

Whoa nelly, steeping the dry leaves has turned the Tea Lair into a tropical paradise, minus the coconuts that I usually associate with the tropical things, but that is ok. Sniffing the now soggy leaves inside their little basket reveals some tantalizing aromas of fruity sweetness, primarily mango and apricot, there is a hint of floral in the middle, and at the end there is a nice zing of citrus. The liquid without its basket of leafy bits has a sweet and mild fruity aroma, very tropical, a fusion of citrus, passionfruit, and mango.

Tasting time! The first sip starts off a little dry and mild then all of a sudden a tropical fruit stand explodes in my mouth like a Jamaican Kool-Aid Man busting through a beach bungalow. It is not overwhelmingly sweet, more like delicate nectar of mango, passionfruit, and orange…this fades to a gentle floral and fairly delicate apricot taste that lingers into the aftertaste. The rooibos is there, but it is more like a guidebook on a tropical tour than part of the actual scenery, useful as a base but not overwhelming.

I am a shame to my proud Southern upbringing as in I rarely make traditional iced tea anymore, when I want iced tea I just cold brew it in my fridge for a few hours using my handy travel mug. Actually I am a shame to my upbringing even more because I just do not drink much iced tea, but some days are too hot and I want something cool. This tea seemed like a perfect candidate to cold steep for an evening sip (on my perpetual quest to find more evening teas that I love) plus iced tropical teas are just where it is at, yo. Remember that dryness and bursting in of fruit flavor? Totally gone as a cold brew, instead it is a smooth fruity sweet transition to a cool relaxation, it starts out with mango, then to apricot, then orange, until finally I am left with the afteratste of passionfruit. Why the apricot and passionfruit get reversed in cold steep is beyond me. Usually when I cold steep teas I just mention it as being good and if it had any awesome qualities, this is one of the few times that I think it is better cold. The flavors are more subtle and relaxing, it is like the difference between a busy afternoon and sunset. And with that, I am going to go lounge in bed fanning myself while sipping my cold tea, because it is HOT!

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/07/adagio-teas-green-rooibos-key-west-tea.html

TeaBrat

good luck with the testing!

Hi Steepster-
This is a sample from Adagio I decided to finish off today in my iced tea pitcher. It’s a good one to drink iced because the green rooibos is mild and the tropical fruit flavors come through. It’s refreshing and almost make me feel like I’m drinking punch. I wouldn’t mind getting this again if I routinely ordered anything from Adagio (I seldom do).

The Persimmon Tree has one like this which is also good called Peach Picnic. I may have to try some more of my rooibos blends as iced teas!

Flavors: Mango

Iced 8 min or more
CHAroma

Perfect timing on this review as I was just looking at this tea today. Thanks!

TeaBrat