Green Rooibos Key West

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apricot, Green Rooibos, Mango, Passionfruit
Mango, Apricot
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From Adagio Teas

Green rooibos is a lighter bodied, un-oxidized version of the traditional “red tea.” Its natural fruitiness is a perfect base for tropical flavors. Our Key West blend of sweet passionfruit, luscious mango and a hint of tangy apricot will whisk you away to the sunny shores and ocean breezes of Papa’s paradise. Naturally caffeine-free for your “Sunset Celebration.”

About Adagio Teas View company

Hi Steepster-
This is a sample from Adagio I decided to finish off today in my iced tea pitcher. It’s a good one to drink iced because the green rooibos is mild and the tropical fruit flavors come through. It’s refreshing and almost make me feel like I’m drinking punch. I wouldn’t mind getting this again if I routinely ordered anything from Adagio (I seldom do).

The Persimmon Tree has one like this which is also good called Peach Picnic. I may have to try some more of my rooibos blends as iced teas!

Flavors: Mango

Iced 8 min or more
CHAroma

Perfect timing on this review as I was just looking at this tea today. Thanks!

TeaBrat

I approve of it… he he

I’ve spent some time in Key West and have some wonderful memories of the place so I was very intrigued by this tea, and pleasantly surprised. It’s not so much that it smells like Key West or that it taste like something you’d drink in Key West, but it certainly brings the place to mind. It has a gentle flavor that builds through each sip, tropical notes you can’t precisely pin down but in a pleasant way. It has become my go to relaxation tea, easy going and a bit playful yet never dull. I would caution not to add too much sugar as it can overwhelm some of the more delicate notes. Very much a must for my tea cabinet!

The hubs says this “tastes like Key West” I think that’s a bit harsh…Duval Street can be a bit nasty depending on the time of day…haha.

But I agree with the sentiment. It does remind me of the tropics. The leaves have a light and fruity aroma which carries over to the brew. I find this one relaxing, and very enjoyable before bed or snuggled up with a good fic.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m loving the green rooibos sampler! This tastes nice and tropical, and a little perfumey. Must be the marigold flowers which is new to me. Not quite sure how I feel about that part yet :P

Boiling 8 min or more

First time reviewing a rooibos, very excited.

The smell of the dry leaves was very fruity and pleasant. After brewing, the aroma is hard to place. It’s very distinct… It’s earthy, very floral. There is a very sweet smell that resembles the smell of a berry.

Upon first taste, my thought is how sweet it is. Not having added any sweeteners, I was surprised by the delicious berry taste on top of a usual green tea base. Delicious! There doesn’t seem to be much more from this tea, but it’s already one of my favorites.

I found that the fruit notes were rather mild, not overpowering as reviewed previously. The green rooibos has more of a hay or grass-like taste to me, but adding sugar to this tea really brings out the fruity notes. It’s really delicious!