Rooibos Lemon Cloud

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by adagio breeze

From Adagio Teas

The lemon is such a universal fruit with so many uses. Arguably two of its best applications are desserts and tea. In our Lemon Cloud Rooibos we have combined the bright, tangy citrus notes with creamy vanilla and a hint of lemongrass producing a soft, fluffy, lemon cream taste in a naturally caffeine free red rooibos base. Soothing and uplifting; dreamy and dessert-like.

Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

Ingredients: blended with rooibos tea, lemon grass, marigold flowers, natural vanilla flavor and natural lemon flavor

About Adagio Teas View company

I admit that I bought this even though I’m not a huge fan of rooibos, because the other additions sounded tasty.

The dry aroma of this tea is wonderful, if you like lemon chiffon. It smells like dessert – sweet, creamy, with a lemon that’s mellow, not in any way sharp. The taste doesn’t quite measure up at the recommended dosage and steep time. Adding milk brought out the flavor a little, but not much (this tea does take milk well, however, unlike some lemon teas). Sometimes with dessert-flavored rooibos teas, a little sugar will drag the flavor into the spotlight, but even that doesn’t seem to help here. The lemon chiffon flavor is faint but tantalizingly delicious.

I let the steep go and when that didn’t help I added a bit extra towards the end. Next time I’ll just start with two teaspoons per cup.

I don’t think I’ve ever actually tried this on its own, but as an addition to my mango or citrus mate it adds delicious light citrus flavors. (I also mix it with Rooibos Orange in my mate)

Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box

Um, why have I not heard about this tea?! It’s pretty comparable in my mind to Della Terra’s Lemon Chiffon; though maybe, possibly with slightly more rooibos taste. But again, for those of us that don’t mind the taste of rooibos, this lemon/vanilla blend is quite lovely and I would certainly put it in my basket when making an Adagio order.

2 tsp + sweetener

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Not overwhelmingly lemony like I’d hoped, but a little sugar helps a lot! The rooibos flavor is nice and strong and pleasant, none of the funny aftertaste of some lower quality rooibos blends.