Rooibos Lemon Cloud

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Cream, Lemon, Vanilla, Lemongrass, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by adagio breeze

From Adagio Teas

The lemon is such a universal fruit with so many uses. Arguably two of its best applications are desserts and tea. In our Lemon Cloud Rooibos we have combined the bright, tangy citrus notes with creamy vanilla and a hint of lemongrass producing a soft, fluffy, lemon cream taste in a naturally caffeine free red rooibos base. Soothing and uplifting; dreamy and dessert-like.

Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

Ingredients: blended with rooibos tea, lemon grass, marigold flowers, natural vanilla flavor and natural lemon flavor

About Adagio Teas View company

I admit that I bought this even though I’m not a huge fan of rooibos, because the other additions sounded tasty.

The dry aroma of this tea is wonderful, if you like lemon chiffon. It smells like dessert – sweet, creamy, with a lemon that’s mellow, not in any way sharp. The taste doesn’t quite measure up at the recommended dosage and steep time. Adding milk brought out the flavor a little, but not much (this tea does take milk well, however, unlike some lemon teas). Sometimes with dessert-flavored rooibos teas, a little sugar will drag the flavor into the spotlight, but even that doesn’t seem to help here. The lemon chiffon flavor is faint but tantalizingly delicious.

I let the steep go and when that didn’t help I added a bit extra towards the end. Next time I’ll just start with two teaspoons per cup.

I don’t think I’ve ever actually tried this on its own, but as an addition to my mango or citrus mate it adds delicious light citrus flavors. (I also mix it with Rooibos Orange in my mate)

I picked this one up during the cooler months when Green Rooibos Key West was out of stock, and it’s distinctive enough to have worked its way into some of my own blends. The nose is definitely lightly citrus, but without the edge of a strong lemon herbal. Likewise, the vanilla undertones mellow the blend without being too cloying, and tend to be what carry through even when other flavors are added. A very pleasant evening herbal or light dessert tea.

Flavors: Cream, Lemon, Vanilla

Another blend from the Herbal TTB.

I brought a number of samples from the traveling tea box with me to work, and, as it looks to be a quiet day in the office, I should have good chances to do some sampling (without the internal pressure to review them, like I put on myself).

Slightly oversteeped (if that is even such a thing with rooibos), and it did not negatively impact the drink. Lemongrass and rooibos…not something I had ever tried, but definitely one of which I need to make a habit. As others have described it, this does carry a creamy taste/texture – not bad!

Sipping this certainly beats solely listening to the droning presenter in my current work meeting.

Herbal Traveling Tea box

Grabbed the next tea in the line-up….“oooh lemon,” I thought^.^ But then I smelled the leaves…very medicinal smelling… now I’m worried…o.o…5 minutes later of pacing about worrying about how it is going to taste: oo la la..this is delicious! It’s like a sweet lemon bar in a tea! Ohhh, yeah. Cream, lemon, the whole nine! :D So good on it’s own, touch of agave puts it over the edge into that delicious dessert tea category. Might have to make another cup of this later..tehehe >:]

Flavors: Cream, Lemon

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 g 4 OZ / 118 ML

Mmmm lemon bars… MUST MAKE! <3

It’s delicious! I don’t think you will be disappointed :D

Cameron B.

I haven’t had great experiences with Adagio teas so far. However there is a fandom sampler I want so I’ll make sure to grab some of this tea when I order it (eventually… lol).

Ooo, which fandom sampler? :]
They also create a new fandom sampler that is only available for a single weekend.. (They had a how to train your dragon one the weekend the new movie came out:]) so if you have more than fandom, keep an eye out for them:]!

Cameron B.

It’s the Cowboy Bebop one, I emailed them asking if they would feature it as a sampler for a weekend and they said yeah, so hopefully it’ll be soon! Paying $9 a piece for six teas just isn’t happening for me. :P

albertocanfly

Oh, an anime fan! :D Do you watch lots of anime?
That’s awesome that they are going to do that for you! I agree with you there because, of course, the whole whole set is necessary:D Plus, the sampler sets are just so darn cute!

Cameron B.

Not really, just a select few. I mostly watch cooking shows. :P

I received this tea from the Herbal TTB. The lemongrass and cream are nice but not strong enough to cover the woodsiness of the rooibos. Nothing wrong with it but not as exciting as I had hoped. I added a little stevia after trying it plain. Still nothing to get excited about. I would drink it again if offered but I doubt I’d buy it.

Flavors: Cream, Lemongrass, Wood

hapatite

What an interesting tea name!

Had this this morning and let cool while I worked on changed the battery in my car (whoever designed the layout of the 96 Buick century was an evil evil man). It took an hour but I finally to the new battery in and got her to start. This lemony goodness was nice and cool, adding a couple ice cubes and it was just what I needed to cool off after dying outside during high noon. Now I’m craving lemon pound cake

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

From the Herbal TTB! I really have no idea why I went for this first since I’m not big on red rooibos (I like green). It smelled great in the bag, very lemony. I do love lemon teas.

It actually wasn’t bad and I finished the whole cup. I have to admit that with each drink I was reminded that the rooibos was there since it had a woodsy taste, and I wish I could get to the point where I don’t notice it. But overall not a bad drink!

Stephanie

I can’t do red rooibos either. Tastes icky to me. Green is OK but I still tend to avoid just in case…

TheTeaFairy

Now we can only hope for good new green rooibos blends from Della Terra, as he confirmed working on the issue, yay :-)

Caffeine-Free/Decaf Traveling Tea Box

Um, why have I not heard about this tea?! It’s pretty comparable in my mind to Della Terra’s Lemon Chiffon; though maybe, possibly with slightly more rooibos taste. But again, for those of us that don’t mind the taste of rooibos, this lemon/vanilla blend is quite lovely and I would certainly put it in my basket when making an Adagio order.

2 tsp + sweetener

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Not overwhelmingly lemony like I’d hoped, but a little sugar helps a lot! The rooibos flavor is nice and strong and pleasant, none of the funny aftertaste of some lower quality rooibos blends.