White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

White tea from the Fujian province of China. Snowbud as its name implies is an airy, light tea. And yields a cup worthy of its name: it is effervescent and graceful, with delicate, clean aroma. Snowbud is comprised exclusively of unprocessed leaves and buds, all gathered and dried in the early days of spring. Of all the teas we offer, our ‘Snowbud Finale’ is the lightest one. If you enjoy the subtle, gentle taste of white tea, we hope you’ll give this one a try.

About Adagio Teas View company

The texture is very creamy, with just the smallest hint of grassy taste. It leaves my mouth feeling very smooth, almost like it’s coated in something. Aside from Adagio’s Peppermint tea, this is the most curious sensation my mouth has ever had after tasting a tea. I definitely like this, but I don’t think I’ll drink it too often.

Trying this from my white tea sampler – so light, especially after the foomosa oolong from this morning. Light – take a while to steep properly. I don’t like this as much as the Silver Needle, White Peony or White Symphony. But nice to try.

This is a very crisp and mellow white tea. A first it tasted a bit dry compared, to some of the other white tea I have tried. After a while though I realized it was just very subtle in it’s taste. Nonetheless it’s very good and quite refreshing. It’s scent has a nice appealing aroma once it is brewed. It’s a nice relaxing tea I might add, it helped me unwind after a long week at work.

A nice white tea with a shuttle taste. Great if you just want a single cup. My mother said its some of the best she’s had.

This is a very earthy tasting tea that is best prepared by longer than average steeping than is typical for white tea. Even still, it is not my favorite.

Sarah – good plain white. No negative qualities. Plain. Rating: 90

I ordered this one as part of Adagio’s Silver Sampler.

I’m getting a vegetal almost artichoke taste on this thing like none other. It’s less olive/vinegar than something like Adagio’s Artichoke Green Tea and more metallic (I’m using Ozarka distilled water… could it be my water?)

Maybe it’s because I’m trying this after Silver Needle, but I disagree with the reviews describing this tea as dainty. Compared to the Silver Needle it’s almost like a punch in the face (yes, that’s how different they are from each other to me). I don’t mean that in a bad way though. I suppose if I’m in the right mood, and I want something less subtle than Silver Needle (a tea in which I must concentrate to taste anything off of) but not a full on black or green this would be my tea of choice.

All in all, not bad, but not sure if I would by this in bulk anytime soon.

This was part of a White Tea Sampler pack a friend gave me. It’s described by Adagio as “airy” and the “lightest tea” they offer. Too light for my neophyte tastes—I could barely distinguish this from hot water. My aunt called it a “dirty water” tea for it’s light color and undistinguished taste. I didn’t find Silver Needles an improvement. I found I much preferred the more affordable White Symphony and White Peony.

Delicate and lightly sweet. Peters out quickly after first or second steeping—a bit weak.

Very light and delicate tea. I can see why so many reviewers are underwhelmed, but I enjoy this tea quite a bit. I definitely use more leaf with this tea (as well as longer steepings) than other similar teas. It can be overpowered by strong foods (or even milder foods), but I don’t mind this characteristic because I have other options if I want a stronger taste.

I think lighter white teas like this are great as a thirst-quenching iced tea for warmer weather.