White Darjeeling

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

White tea from the Darjeeling region of India. A rare treat from the Avongrove estate, nestled along the picturesque slopes of the Himalayas. Similar in appearance to the justly-revered Silver Needle tea of China, the Darjeeling version is equally sublime. Comprised solely of the tender unopened buds gathered in the second flush of early summer, this is an outstanding tea that fuses the gentle sweetness of white with a boisterous touch of muscatel. We promise, your taste buds will be singing.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is a really good white tea. I wondered if it would be similar to the Green Darjeeling I have at home, but it’s turned out to be very much a white tea in taste without any of the malty edge of the Green Darjeeling. It has good flavour and is significantly less delicate than Silver Needle, but not quite as robust as Pai Mu Tan. This is a sweet, smooth and lovely white tea, definitely one that I’d buy more of.

Jillian

Interesting, I’ve often wondered how these relatively new Indian versions of traditional Chinese teas compare.

A clean, delicate white with the distinctive Darjeeling muscatel flavor.

I prefer to steep it for 7 min.