White Peony

White Tea
Floral, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “Opened a bag of this today. It's so delicate and beautifully floral, just perfect for this time of year. I've been resteeping the same leaves all afternoon (about 4 times, I think), and they were...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1037 tasting notes
  • “Okay, so the Sawadee stemed Darj was a fiasco, but there are other fishies in the sea. Here is one that came to me from *Infusin_Susan* and the amount of leaf was just right for a small non-sharing...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1291 tasting notes
  • “After several recommendations I only steeped this for 3min. Wow... still ncredibly dark. The liquor is a medium dark orange brown. Not delicate at all... and that makes me sad.” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “I have a lot of White Peony on my shelves from different companies because it's my favourite white tea and it's high time I started to drink it up. From Adagio I only have a 9g sample to try. I...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1123 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

White tea from the Fujian province of China. White Peony, also known as Pai Mu Tan, is a sweet, mild tea made from unopened tea buds, as well as the two newest leaves to sprout. The freshly harvested leaf is allowed to wither dry in the sun. The natural oxidation which takes place during this withering gives White Peony beautiful, plush flavors (not unlike an oolong, flavor-wise). The nose is warm, floral and rich like fruit blossoms. The liquor is golden and bright. Clean, succulent floral-fruit flavor and rounded mouthfeel. If you are beginning your exploration of white tea, or even just tea in general, our White Peony tea will serve a wonderful introduction.

About Adagio Teas View company

Oh my gosh. I don’t know if I like this one or Snowbud more, but ahhhh I love this tea!
I love how it’s not like super grassy like the other white teas that I’ve had. This is like the perfect flavour. It’s like the big sister of Snowbud :)

Well, I’m pretty surprised by this tea. It might just be because it’s my first white tea, but it’s really delicious. Definitely an accessible tea for anyone who is starting to get into drinking loose leaf.

My favorite white tea from Adagio. Mellow and light, with a touch of Silver Needle sweetness. Highly enjoyable.

I could have sworn I wrote a note about this one already…I had it early last week, I believe. I think I was expecting a more identifiable floral flavor, but all I really got was white tea. I enjoyed the cup (and the two more I was able to resteep), but it wasn’t what I’d thought it would be. I’m surprised to read some reviews stating that this had too strong of a flower taste for them. I probably need to drink this again with a more discerning palate before I rate it.

Delicate and refreshing, with an earthy plant flavor as well as some lighter floral flavor as well. Probably not satisfying for those who prefer strong flavors in their teas. No sweetness that I noticed.

Flavors: Floral, Plants

I can’t put my finger on what this tastes like, other than delicious. Very clean flavor, makes an excellent iced tea as well!

This teas was surprisingly complex and full of flavours that I could not quite fully describe. I really enjoyed it, although it wasn’t my favourite white tea.

It is very light in flavour and good with a bit of honey on a nice spring afternoon.

Enjoy :)

The least favorite tea I’ve had. I’ll try anything once, but I think I’m just not one for strong floral notes. I know better now!

First sample from the Adagio white sampler pack. The dry leaves smell distinctly of timothy hay. The leaves are darker than I was expecting, but having very little experience with white teas, I’m not sure what my expectations are based on exactly… Brewed, the liquor smells of honey—but a strong wildflower honey, not the stuff that comes in the squeezy bear—and is colored similar. The honey and floral notes come through prominently in the taste, with a pear-like crispness on the finish. Though the flavor is pretty delicate, this has a nice full, almost creamy mouthfeel. Highly enjoyable!

Pretty standard white peony (bai mu dan) if you ask me. But I don’t mean that in a bad way, and I wasn’t disappointed at all by this tea, in fact it was exactly what I expected. If you like this style you’ll like this tea. A great intro to white/green teas, and very versatile because it is great for a refreshing summer iced tea as well as a hot accompaniment to any meal.