White Peony

White Tea
Floral, Plants
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

White tea from the Fujian province of China. White Peony, also known as Pai Mu Tan, is a sweet, mild tea made from unopened tea buds, as well as the two newest leaves to sprout. The freshly harvested leaf is allowed to wither dry in the sun. The natural oxidation which takes place during this withering gives White Peony beautiful, plush flavors (not unlike an oolong, flavor-wise). The nose is warm, floral and rich like fruit blossoms. The liquor is golden and bright. Clean, succulent floral-fruit flavor and rounded mouthfeel. If you are beginning your exploration of white tea, or even just tea in general, our White Peony tea will serve a wonderful introduction.

About Adagio Teas View company

Oh my gosh. I don’t know if I like this one or Snowbud more, but ahhhh I love this tea!
I love how it’s not like super grassy like the other white teas that I’ve had. This is like the perfect flavour. It’s like the big sister of Snowbud :)

Well, I’m pretty surprised by this tea. It might just be because it’s my first white tea, but it’s really delicious. Definitely an accessible tea for anyone who is starting to get into drinking loose leaf.

My favorite white tea from Adagio. Mellow and light, with a touch of Silver Needle sweetness. Highly enjoyable.

Another day snowed in, another round of tea sampling!

These dry leaves and stems smell like a flowering herb garden. The brew is pale ivory and smells like vegetables, maybe like cucumbers tossed in sugar syrup with a drop of lemon. The taste has more sweet, and the vegetable-ness isn’t nearly as evident. It’s balanced with the sweet. It’s like just kisses of all the yummy flavors of white tea. A little fruit, a little vegetables, a little herbs, a little floral, a little a little a little. Delicate. But has enough going on to make it interesting. Held up well to a second infusion, lost most of the vegetable smell. But kept the same flavors. A little more peachy tasting maybe.

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 4 g 16 OZ / 480 ML

I could have sworn I wrote a note about this one already…I had it early last week, I believe. I think I was expecting a more identifiable floral flavor, but all I really got was white tea. I enjoyed the cup (and the two more I was able to resteep), but it wasn’t what I’d thought it would be. I’m surprised to read some reviews stating that this had too strong of a flower taste for them. I probably need to drink this again with a more discerning palate before I rate it.

Delicate and refreshing, with an earthy plant flavor as well as some lighter floral flavor as well. Probably not satisfying for those who prefer strong flavors in their teas. No sweetness that I noticed.

Flavors: Floral, Plants

I can’t put my finger on what this tastes like, other than delicious. Very clean flavor, makes an excellent iced tea as well!

This teas was surprisingly complex and full of flavours that I could not quite fully describe. I really enjoyed it, although it wasn’t my favourite white tea.

It is very light in flavour and good with a bit of honey on a nice spring afternoon.

Enjoy :)

The least favorite tea I’ve had. I’ll try anything once, but I think I’m just not one for strong floral notes. I know better now!

First sample from the Adagio white sampler pack. The dry leaves smell distinctly of timothy hay. The leaves are darker than I was expecting, but having very little experience with white teas, I’m not sure what my expectations are based on exactly… Brewed, the liquor smells of honey—but a strong wildflower honey, not the stuff that comes in the squeezy bear—and is colored similar. The honey and floral notes come through prominently in the taste, with a pear-like crispness on the finish. Though the flavor is pretty delicate, this has a nice full, almost creamy mouthfeel. Highly enjoyable!