White Blueberry

Fruit White Blend
Natural Flavours, Organic White Tea Leaves
Blueberry, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Adagio Teas

This tea blends together the taste of juicy blueberries with premium white tea from Fujian province, China. Very fragrant, like freshly harvested ‘highbush’ blueberries (the aromatic variety). Soft, rounded mouthfeel with a clean, refreshing finish. A customer favorite, this tea is delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

It was ok. Not as blown away as I’d hoped to be, but then I’m not huge on white teas.

I have to say, I’m really disappointed with this tea at the moment. I first tried it as part of Adagio’s Sweet Medley sampler, and the tea I remember had a strong, juicy blueberry taste and smell. This tea — maybe it’s just a dodgy batch — smells right, but doesn’t taste of blueberry at all.

When I first started this box yesterday, I assumed I’d let the water cool too much before adding the bag. Today I left it slightly hotter, but this didn’t improve matters. It’s a shame, because I loved the tea I remember. It was like drinking blueberries, and the white base didn’t overpower that at all.

All I can say this time is that this is a very nice cup of white tea (it looks like White Peony to me), but I’m not tasting any blueberries. Perhaps some memories are best left as memories. A shame.

Mild blueberry flavor, strong white flavor; exactly as ordered. Much better hot than when the tea’s cooled down a bit.

I love this tea. Just the right balance between wonderful tea taste with a hint of blueberry aroma.

Very nice subtle blueberry flavor when made as cold brewed iced tea. I had my dad, a very traditional black unsweetened ice tea drinker, try this thinking he wouldn’t care for it. He liked it so much he asked for more. I know that might not mean much for those who don’t know my dad but it speaks volumes for this tea.

Flavors: Blueberry

Iced 8 min or more

A friend at work let me sample this – I’m drinking right now! I’m going to hold off on rating, since I can hardly taste anything. I’m not currently an avid fan of white tea, but I have had some very delicious varieties before. Therefore, I don’t think the issue is that I’m just not used to the delicate nature of white tea. I followed the brewing instructions and used the right amount of water at the right temperature, and I added a dash of honey. I’m about halfway through the cup now, and I’m only tasting the honey so far, with a faint aftertaste that might be blueberry flavor if I squint. I should also note that this was a sachet that I used, and not loose tea. I was under the impression that sachets were of comparable quality to loose tea, but I could be wrong. From some of the other tasting notes, I’m seeing that this is yummy iced; maybe I’ll try it that way next time!

This one doesn’t /quite/ do it for me. Maybe I like the fruity notes in my teas to be more obvious, but I can barely detect the blueberry in this one. I’ll have to experiment with brewing to try and coax out more of that flavor. I much prefer Adagio’s white eternal spring.

The aroma of the dried leaves of Adagio Organic Blueberry White (that’s the name on my packet of sachets obtained from a grocery store) is not very pleasant. Does it even smell like blueberries? Maybe I just don’t know what blueberries smell like. But wait: haven’t I consumed a truckload of them over the course of my life?

The good news is that the tea brews up into a tasty blend of je ne sais quoi—it certainly does not taste like blueberries to me!—with a very silken and lovely texture. Judging by the taste and texture the base tea is clearly of high quality, and I do see that a few furry silver needles have been thrown in for good measure. It’s possible that the flavoring has metamorphosed, as I just noticed that I was sold a package past its “best buy” date! What? Is that even legal? Maybe I should return it to the store. It was on sale, but really now…

I probably should refrain from rating this tea, but it was pleasant enough to drink—even though it’s old!

165 °F / 73 °C 2 min, 45 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

TTB 5: Another tea from Friday. The tea flavor (which surprised me, since it was a white) was actually what dominated, the blueberry was there, but behind the tea.

From my Great Blueberry Taste-off this morning:

Lovely white tea base. Not bitter at all (yaaay steeping right!). The blueberries aren’t overpowering, but they are quite delicious. A subtle taste, but very, very good. The base of this one is very lovely too.