White Blueberry

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

This tea blends together the taste of juicy blueberries with premium white tea from Fujian province, China. Very fragrant, like freshly harvested ‘highbush’ blueberries (the aromatic variety). Soft, rounded mouthfeel with a clean, refreshing finish. A customer favorite, this tea is delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

It was ok. Not as blown away as I’d hoped to be, but then I’m not huge on white teas.

I have to say, I’m really disappointed with this tea at the moment. I first tried it as part of Adagio’s Sweet Medley sampler, and the tea I remember had a strong, juicy blueberry taste and smell. This tea — maybe it’s just a dodgy batch — smells right, but doesn’t taste of blueberry at all.

When I first started this box yesterday, I assumed I’d let the water cool too much before adding the bag. Today I left it slightly hotter, but this didn’t improve matters. It’s a shame, because I loved the tea I remember. It was like drinking blueberries, and the white base didn’t overpower that at all.

All I can say this time is that this is a very nice cup of white tea (it looks like White Peony to me), but I’m not tasting any blueberries. Perhaps some memories are best left as memories. A shame.

Mild blueberry flavor, strong white flavor; exactly as ordered. Much better hot than when the tea’s cooled down a bit.

-Cash

I love this tea. Just the right balance between wonderful tea taste with a hint of blueberry aroma.

From Another TTB. There wasn’t enough blueberry in here for me. It came across as just a plain white tea and that would have been good if it was an unflavored white. But . . . I wanted blueberry so I was disappointed.

After annoying weather delays my adagio haul arrived today!! I got several new teas and a new tea pot! This is one of the first teas that I tried out of the batch. I really enjoyed the first taste to the very last. It’s a mellow tea and while the blueberry could be more prominent, it’s not completely unnoticeable. The tea is quite crisp like I have found most white teas tend to be. This will become a fast favorite I can already tell!

I’m rather new to white teas, but will have to be the weirdo reviewing this one as it was rather underwhelming. Everything is extremely subtle despite the wonderful fragrance. I don’t suppose that means it is bad, because it isn’t—I just had a hard time picking up the blueberry notes. Perhaps my kettle just can’t get the water hot enough? It’s not horrible, it’s interesting, but just too subtle for my taste. I’d recommend it for white tea fans, but if you’re after a big blueberry flavour, you may be disappointed.

Tea & Cards TTB

Sipped this one during my morning microbiology course and didn’t have a computer handy…so I’m doing it from memory.

The white base is wonderful – sweetly subtle and unassuming – and complements the blueberry flavour perfectly. I wouldn’t say that this tastes like fresh blueberries – the flavour is much more like the dried ones you pick up at the store – but the overall impression was that it was delicious.

I’d happily drink it again…and I’m considering stealing it out of the TTB because I kinda fell in love with it.

Not drinking right now, but logging it since I just uploaded my entire cupboard XD

I thought this was a relaxing, simple blend. The blueberry is a little understated and not a “juicy” blend (when compared to the strawberry, especially). But it’s very good. Great iced. I likely wont purchase it again, but will enjoy any samples that come my way. :)

It is a lovely, mild fruity tea, though I can’t pinpoint blueberry specifically. Definitely best iced!