White Blueberry

Flowers
Sachet
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Adagio Teas

This tea blends together the taste of juicy blueberries with premium white tea from Fujian province, China. Very fragrant, like freshly harvested ‘highbush’ blueberries (the aromatic variety). Soft, rounded mouthfeel with a clean, refreshing finish. A customer favorite, this tea is delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

It was ok. Not as blown away as I’d hoped to be, but then I’m not huge on white teas.

I have to say, I’m really disappointed with this tea at the moment. I first tried it as part of Adagio’s Sweet Medley sampler, and the tea I remember had a strong, juicy blueberry taste and smell. This tea — maybe it’s just a dodgy batch — smells right, but doesn’t taste of blueberry at all.

When I first started this box yesterday, I assumed I’d let the water cool too much before adding the bag. Today I left it slightly hotter, but this didn’t improve matters. It’s a shame, because I loved the tea I remember. It was like drinking blueberries, and the white base didn’t overpower that at all.

All I can say this time is that this is a very nice cup of white tea (it looks like White Peony to me), but I’m not tasting any blueberries. Perhaps some memories are best left as memories. A shame.

Mild blueberry flavor, strong white flavor; exactly as ordered. Much better hot than when the tea’s cooled down a bit.

-Cash

I love this tea. Just the right balance between wonderful tea taste with a hint of blueberry aroma.

The aroma of the dried leaves of Adagio Organic Blueberry White (that’s the name on my packet of sachets obtained from a grocery store) is not very pleasant. Does it even smell like blueberries? Maybe I just don’t know what blueberries smell like. But wait: haven’t I consumed a truckload of them over the course of my life?

The good news is that the tea brews up into a tasty blend of je ne sais quoi—it certainly does not taste like blueberries to me!—with a very silken and lovely texture. Judging by the taste and texture the base tea is clearly of high quality, and I do see that a few furry silver needles have been thrown in for good measure. It’s possible that the flavoring has metamorphosed, as I just noticed that I was sold a package past its “best buy” date! What? Is that even legal? Maybe I should return it to the store. It was on sale, but really now…

I probably should refrain from rating this tea, but it was pleasant enough to drink—even though it’s old!

165 °F / 73 °C 2 min, 45 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

TTB 5: Another tea from Friday. The tea flavor (which surprised me, since it was a white) was actually what dominated, the blueberry was there, but behind the tea.

From my Great Blueberry Taste-off this morning:

Lovely white tea base. Not bitter at all (yaaay steeping right!). The blueberries aren’t overpowering, but they are quite delicious. A subtle taste, but very, very good. The base of this one is very lovely too.

Okay, so this is my first tea review.. Not sure why I chose this tea as I find it difficult to describe.

First of all, the liquor is a light golden color. Tastewise? I don’t know if I would call it even blueberry. It’s very floral.. but I really don’t have that much experience to white teas compared to green.

It is enjoyable to drink. Very light and clean, but I wouldn’t say it is crave worthy or even order worthy after finishing my sample.

Also, something I have noticed with adagio teas.. not sure if it is just the teas that I ordered but the quality seems a little sub par? The dried leaves seem super fragile compared to those at Teavana. But maybe that’s because my first encounters with tea have been through Teavana?

On my pursuit of becoming a tea aficionado I may review this tea in the future. Learning to refine my taste and find the subtle(tea) in every sip. :)

Flavors: Flowers

From Another TTB. There wasn’t enough blueberry in here for me. It came across as just a plain white tea and that would have been good if it was an unflavored white. But . . . I wanted blueberry so I was disappointed.

i had this late last night as i ate ice cream for dinner.
i was highly irritable for absolutely no reason.
i really really like drinking white teas at night.
and i wanted to try this one plain because using white teas in fandom blends is always a good idea. it adds texture. i don’t know how else to explain it.
this tea isn’t anything fancy, but it is very much what it is. respectable for gulping something fresh and light and hot.

oddree

You don’t need a reason to be irritable ;) White teas are nice for gulping, I agree. I retreated back to my room to eat ice cream and giggle at Hannibal with headphones on and randomly text you. Good call, us.