White Blueberry

Blueberry, Flowers
Sachet
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Adagio Teas

This tea blends together the taste of juicy blueberries with premium white tea from Fujian province, China. Very fragrant, like freshly harvested ‘highbush’ blueberries (the aromatic variety). Soft, rounded mouthfeel with a clean, refreshing finish. A customer favorite, this tea is delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

Okay, so this is my first tea review.. Not sure why I chose this tea as I find it difficult to describe.

First of all, the liquor is a light golden color. Tastewise? I don’t know if I would call it even blueberry. It’s very floral.. but I really don’t have that much experience to white teas compared to green.

It is enjoyable to drink. Very light and clean, but I wouldn’t say it is crave worthy or even order worthy after finishing my sample.

Also, something I have noticed with adagio teas.. not sure if it is just the teas that I ordered but the quality seems a little sub par? The dried leaves seem super fragile compared to those at Teavana. But maybe that’s because my first encounters with tea have been through Teavana?

On my pursuit of becoming a tea aficionado I may review this tea in the future. Learning to refine my taste and find the subtle(tea) in every sip. :)

Flavors: Flowers

From Another TTB. There wasn’t enough blueberry in here for me. It came across as just a plain white tea and that would have been good if it was an unflavored white. But . . . I wanted blueberry so I was disappointed.

i had this late last night as i ate ice cream for dinner.
i was highly irritable for absolutely no reason.
i really really like drinking white teas at night.
and i wanted to try this one plain because using white teas in fandom blends is always a good idea. it adds texture. i don’t know how else to explain it.
this tea isn’t anything fancy, but it is very much what it is. respectable for gulping something fresh and light and hot.

oddree

You don’t need a reason to be irritable ;) White teas are nice for gulping, I agree. I retreated back to my room to eat ice cream and giggle at Hannibal with headphones on and randomly text you. Good call, us.

After annoying weather delays my adagio haul arrived today!! I got several new teas and a new tea pot! This is one of the first teas that I tried out of the batch. I really enjoyed the first taste to the very last. It’s a mellow tea and while the blueberry could be more prominent, it’s not completely unnoticeable. The tea is quite crisp like I have found most white teas tend to be. This will become a fast favorite I can already tell!

I’m rather new to white teas, but will have to be the weirdo reviewing this one as it was rather underwhelming. Everything is extremely subtle despite the wonderful fragrance. I don’t suppose that means it is bad, because it isn’t—I just had a hard time picking up the blueberry notes. Perhaps my kettle just can’t get the water hot enough? It’s not horrible, it’s interesting, but just too subtle for my taste. I’d recommend it for white tea fans, but if you’re after a big blueberry flavour, you may be disappointed.

Tea & Cards TTB

Sipped this one during my morning microbiology course and didn’t have a computer handy…so I’m doing it from memory.

The white base is wonderful – sweetly subtle and unassuming – and complements the blueberry flavour perfectly. I wouldn’t say that this tastes like fresh blueberries – the flavour is much more like the dried ones you pick up at the store – but the overall impression was that it was delicious.

I’d happily drink it again…and I’m considering stealing it out of the TTB because I kinda fell in love with it.

Not drinking right now, but logging it since I just uploaded my entire cupboard XD

I thought this was a relaxing, simple blend. The blueberry is a little understated and not a “juicy” blend (when compared to the strawberry, especially). But it’s very good. Great iced. I likely wont purchase it again, but will enjoy any samples that come my way. :)

It is a lovely, mild fruity tea, though I can’t pinpoint blueberry specifically. Definitely best iced!

A crisp, simple blend that works beautifully as a staple white tea. Blueberry is in my opinion the ultimate fruit pairing for a white tea, as the grassy flavors of the tea naturally complement the more earthy tartness of blueberries. This allows the blueberry whites to maintain an earthy profile while also allowing a tease of sweetness through. That’s my opinion, at least, as I’ve always found the citrus varieties to be overpoweringly sweet.

This white is no exception. It is subtle as you would expect from white tea, and is refreshing both iced and hot. There are higher quality teas out there, but for the price this is an excellent white to keep stocked on a regular basis. I think the flavor could be more complex (leaves with a nuttier profile, for instance), and the blueberry is more aromatic than anything, but that is the best I can do to criticize it.