White Pear

Fruit White Blend
Pear, Sweet, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Premium white tea from Fujian region of China infused with the taste of ripe pears. A wonderfully smooth and subtle treat, delectable both hot and cold. If you’re new to white tea, this would be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

Pear again!

Not a sipdown but very close. Over the weekend for sure.

Tried it this time with a much shorter steep time (3 minutes) to see whether that would make the pear come out, even though it didn’t work with the White Tangerine.

I got a promising whiff of pear off the steeped tea, but it receded in subsequent sniffs so that what I mostly get is the tea base. I’d say it does help with the white pear taste, but only minimally. Like it might give more of a suggestion of pear, but not PEAR. It’s like squinting at something that you can almost read but can’t quite make out. Not a keeper for me.

fruity pear or candy pear flavor?

Barely pear.

not enough pear taste eh?

Hardly any. It’s at most a sort of fresh water suggestion that could be pear.

Next time try 5-7 minutes an see if that works :)

Tried that the first time, same result. Shorter actually gave better overall flavor.

I have some of this but haven’t tried it yet – this does not sound encouraging. Sorry it’s disappointing.

dexter3657, well, everyone’s taste is different. me for example i don’t like weak tea much.

morgana , weird, usually the longer the stronger. well i do know that some teas steep fast, Ie: black teas.

hmm adding the 2 underscores at the ends of your name made it italic

Dexter, hope you have better luck!

I think this is what Sculpey and death would taste like.

And the film on my tongue.

Iced 8 min or more

hahahhaah i had to google Sculpey. i mean, like, does she mean Sculpey sculpey??
yes. yes she does.

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

LOL, mmmm sculpey tea! eww.

I don’t think I will be rushing to order this in the near future then. It’s been a while since I had Sculpey and death but if I remember correctly it was not my favourite combination

yikes lol

now I want some!

I would be more than happy to send you my bag!

lol , I’ll send you a DM

lol. These are my thoughts exactly on Adagio.

This one is from Azzrian, and is one she (I thought, perhaps) unjustly hated, so I asked her to send it to me. Big mistake. Although this one doesn’t smell like vomit like Pina Colada, it smells like play dough. Almost a rancid sort of smell, in the bag. I have to wonder if it went bad…

The steeped aroma is kind of cardboardy, and that’s exactly how the tea tastes. Maybe a hint of nuttiness. There’s certainly nothing pear-y about this tea. Major fail, Adagio. Major fail. There’s no way a shorter infusion would have helped this one, either. BLECH.

This is a cup meant for the garbage, and only the garbage.

I actually like the smell of play doh, but, I don’t think I want that smell in my tea. I have contemplated getting play doh perfume though: http://www.perpetualkid.com/play-doh-cologne-spray.aspx

I don’t mind the smell of play doh, but drinking and/or wearing it?? No thanks!

Oh dear!

I wasn’t too crazy about the white peach from Adagio, but I didn’t quite have as strong of a reaction as you did.

It’s really weird – there’s nothing fruity whatsoever in here. And I can’t believe that enjoy would have enjoyed the cup of tea I threw out last night, therefore I have to assume that the tea went bad.

What is wrong with Adagio that they would release this for sale? It tastes as if it was soaked in some really rancid frying grease. Sorry Adagio – I won’t tweet this one but Uggggg I expect better from a middle of the road tea company.

Man, Adagio has just not worked out well for you this week.

Scott B

I had a really good Asian Pear from TeaGschw a couple years ago. The pear was all flavoring, but it tasted nice. I always meant to buy it again. Got a few decent reviews here.

No blake it has not. I am bummed! Thanks Scott will check them out!

Scott B

Yw, Azzrian. Apparently, it does have orange blossoms in it-just the pear part is flavoring I guess.

Invader Zim

I like to eat pears, but I find pear is not the greatest when added to tea. I have yet to have a tea flavored with pear that tastes good.

Adagio’s flavored white teas taste terrible. When a friend expressed interest in trying tea, I shipped off the white tropic one off to her so fast I probably caused her to not want to drink tea in the end.

I wonder why they don’t fix them! I would pull all of them and rework them!

aww man! i was kinda saving this one. looking forward to it. it smells nice and stuff. i was seeing summery stars when i decided to brew this. and and and it is so boring. drab and boring and like nothing :(
and now i see everyone else’s rating and i’m not alone i can tell. but kinda bummed. shame on me for having expectations i guess.
from the Traveling Tea Box.

I was extremely excited when I ordered this because I love pears. My first thought was that I was disappointed that there weren’t any pieces of pear mixed in with the tea. I should have stopped right there.
The tea in the tin doesn’t smell very good; kind of like hard-boiled eggs that have been laying around in some grass for a long time (think of a forgotten Easter Egg hunt).

And then there is the taste.

It tastes like nothing I’ve ever tasted before, and like something that I never want to taste ever again. It certainly doesn’t taste like pears, that’s for sure. If I had to compare it to anything, I’d say it tastes like latex and corn syrup stewed in a mug with some asparagus thrown in. It made my mouth say “ouchies.”

Never again with this one. If anyone wants to trade something for it, just Private Message me.

This tea sounds extremely unfortunate.

Meghann M

I definitely didn’t get any pear out of this either. Definitely curious how it was brewed for the one reviewer who did, but not sure I want to smell or taste it again if it’s this bad!

I have no idea why Adagio recommends such long steeping times for their white teas, just about any tea is going to taste unpleasent if you steep it for that long! So I stuck with the steeping times I’ve used for other whites tea (I go for something between 2.5 – 4 minutes, usually). It certainly made this tea more palatable – it has a vegetale flavour but it’s not too strong and I can even taste a bit of that nutty flavour that’s characteristic of many bai mu dans. But where the heck is the pear? I can’t taste anything beyond the tea base except maybe a very vague, general fruit flavour. I’m not sure if that’s due to how old this tea is (I got it out of the Travelling Teabox so I have no idea of its age) or if it’s just the blend itself.

So it’s not outright teaFAIL, but it’s not something I’d be willing to shell any money out for. So back into the TTB it goes – hopefully someone down the line will like it more than I do.

I finished drinking this about 30 minutes ago and still have bad aftertaste in my mouth that won’t go away…
Awful, just awful.

Eep. I think that this was already on my mental do not order list from a past review, but thanks for the remind.

Yeah, don’t waste your money on it… so far it is the worse tea I tried from Adagio, they need to give it a total make-over.

I was excited to try this tea as pears are one of my favorite fruits to eat, at least out of a can. But unfortunately I wasn’t that impress with my first pot. As always I’ll be giving it a few more tries but my first impression was meh.

I’ve been taking the advice of people and steeping their whites at 3min instead of the suggested 7 and have gotten amazing results. Unfortunately I ran out of this one, before I knew to cut the time. I was really disappointed as well.

yeah I’ll give that a try next time. thanks.

Any time :) Let me know how it goes.

I actually had this tea a few mornings ago, but haven’t been able to log it until today. The pear flavor is fresh tasting and authentic, but it is just overall very faint. This is a nice tea, although a little too softly flavored for my preference. It is a light, refreshing cup every once in a while!

-Dry blend has medium and large green and brown tea leaves with pieces of dried fruit.
-Dry leaves smell faintly of pear. Tea liquor aroma is of pear.
-Tea liquor is a clear medium yellow brown color.
-Light fresh pear flavor and finish. Soft fruity aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener.
-Good tea. Very light flavor of pear.