White Pear

Fruit White Blend
Tea, Pear, Sweet, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Premium white tea from Fujian region of China infused with the taste of ripe pears. A wonderfully smooth and subtle treat, delectable both hot and cold. If you’re new to white tea, this would be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

this tea is steeping now. ive had this for a while so i dont know why i havent tried it before. i love the taste of pears but hate the texture (same with bananas)

the leaves are very pretty and dry smell very nice. while its steeping it smells almost the same theres something different i just cant put my finger on it…and seeing as i dont drink much white teas this may be why :p
so the leaves got huge i love it! its so pretty and the liquor is a very pale yellow
it tastes very nice unsweetened. nothing like real pear thats for sure but more like pear candy. with sugar its even more candyesque :) i like it. i can see myself drinking this.
im using an acrylic travel mug i got from starbucks that has a screen thats keeps the tea leaves from being sipped up so im sure i will be over brewing this as i continue on drinking it.

The taste, oh wow, the taste… it reminded me of those bulk sized canned oversweetened things they tried to pass off as pears in the cafeteria when I was in elementary school. I refused to eat them then and I really don’t want that flavor in my tea.
This tea just disappointed on so many different levels. I wanted it to be less sweet and more of a suble pear flavor, allowing me to taste the white base. I love white tea and even in a flavored blend I want to be able to taste it, not just the flavoring. I also think the apple pieces may have contributed to the oversweetness of this blend. I can really taste the apple while this is hot, so I pulled one out of the mix to taste, it’s incredibly sweet for an apple.

Trying a sample of this sent to me by Erin.

Adagio’s site says this is a good first tea to try if you are new to white teas. I am new to white teas. Only other white I’ve tried was a bag of Berryblossom white with boiling water at work steeped for 2 minutes because I didn’t read the instructions right. That tasted like water. I’m hesitant to try this after the reviews I’ve read. It’s steeping right now.

Dry leaves smell like hay. Not sure how this compares to the scent of other white leaves.

Wet leaves smell like wet hay on a rainy day. Not smelling anything pear like, but pear is usually light.

Blech…tea tastes like what I’d imagine wet hay tastes like. Poor horses when it’s raining, although I’m sure they know not what they’re missing. Wow, two sips in and this is revolting. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Not sure I want to try anymore. It’s very vegetal. I hope I can find a good white tea. But many more herbal and black teas I would like to try first. Wow, this has got to go. Thanks for the experience Erin, the Peach smells much better!

That was, without a doubt, the worst tea I have ever tasted. And yet someone gave it a good review, so I wanted to pass it along instead of composting it. Too bad you didn’t like it either!
It’s extremely unfortunate that it was one of your first encounters with a white tea. If you want a really good flavored white, try Adagio’s White Blueberry (it’s my personal favorite flavored white).

This sounded so good when I ordered it. I’m crazy about anything pear, but this… it was a huge disappointment. Even when brewed with twice as much tea as recommended, it still barely has any flavor. And what flavor you do get tastes nothing like pears. The tea itself doesn’t even really smell like pears. When I drank my last cup, there was a kinda unpleasant aftertaste, but mostly I could only taste the sugar I put in it. :(

I’ve been on the lookout for a good pear tea. Will not be trying this one!

The pear is very weak. I would prefer more pear taste, but it is ok otherwise.

Flavors: Tea

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Not terrible, but probably not a tea I will purchase again. I got this as part of the Adagio White Orchard sampler, and was eager to try the tea. I didn’t seem to find any hints of pear in this tea. This tea does not have any fruity flavors that I could taste, although the bits of pear fruit are readily visible in the mix. Disappointed in this tea. Drinkable, but not a favorite, or a sample that will become a cupboard staple.

I’m not too sure how I feel about this one. It’s pretty simple. I don’t usually care for pears because of the texture of them, so I don’t really know if this tea tastes like pears or not… It’s nice, but I don’t think I’d get this one again. It’s got a bit of sweetness to it, but yeah… I dunno.

This is a light tea with subtle pear smell and taste. Nice and refreshing.

Flavors: Pear

As much as I love pear flavored things and white tea. This did not do it for me. It has a very off taste that sits on the tongue that’s not very pleasing at all. The taste can be compared to the taste of rotten fruit. But that’s just my opinion to someone else it might be something else entirely.

That aside, whoa I have not been on here in ages!! Mostly because I have been uber busy. Plus I have not been drinking a lot of tea due to the hot weather that has been soaring as of late. That aside I am now out from underneath my father’s roof and living with my fiancee’. We’ve been moved out for two or three weeks now. She’s been down here for almost a month now, after having moved out of her parent’s home in Ohio. It’s been great having her down here and so close. Fixing up the rent house and having to buy things for the house has been very hectic. While there were certain things I didn’t have to buy, there was a lot that needed to be bought still yet. Through all of that we somehow managed to get settled in and have gotten the chaos under control. Thus far actually having to pay bills has not become too overwhelming. Now that we’ve put down roots here I am actually enjoying my time on my own. Which helps having her here, because there’s no way I would adjust to a new place so soon. Especially after having lived in my old house for almost 10 plus years.

Backlog 4/67

Delicious white pear flavor. I mean, this is a white tea with pear flavor. It tastes of pear and white tea. That is all you could ask from white pear tea eh? :)

From Stephen Hockman’s stash that he passed to me. Thanks much for that! I enjoyed the White pear tea. My sister wants me to make it cold next. We may end up having this in our house next time I order from Adagio. :)

I’m super picky with whites and this is one of the few I’ve really, really liked. :)

Flavors: Pear, Sweet