White Pear

Fruit White Blend
Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Premium white tea from Fujian region of China infused with the taste of ripe pears. A wonderfully smooth and subtle treat, delectable both hot and cold. If you’re new to white tea, this would be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

this tea is steeping now. ive had this for a while so i dont know why i havent tried it before. i love the taste of pears but hate the texture (same with bananas)

the leaves are very pretty and dry smell very nice. while its steeping it smells almost the same theres something different i just cant put my finger on it…and seeing as i dont drink much white teas this may be why :p
so the leaves got huge i love it! its so pretty and the liquor is a very pale yellow
it tastes very nice unsweetened. nothing like real pear thats for sure but more like pear candy. with sugar its even more candyesque :) i like it. i can see myself drinking this.
im using an acrylic travel mug i got from starbucks that has a screen thats keeps the tea leaves from being sipped up so im sure i will be over brewing this as i continue on drinking it.

The taste, oh wow, the taste… it reminded me of those bulk sized canned oversweetened things they tried to pass off as pears in the cafeteria when I was in elementary school. I refused to eat them then and I really don’t want that flavor in my tea.
This tea just disappointed on so many different levels. I wanted it to be less sweet and more of a suble pear flavor, allowing me to taste the white base. I love white tea and even in a flavored blend I want to be able to taste it, not just the flavoring. I also think the apple pieces may have contributed to the oversweetness of this blend. I can really taste the apple while this is hot, so I pulled one out of the mix to taste, it’s incredibly sweet for an apple.

Trying a sample of this sent to me by Erin.

Adagio’s site says this is a good first tea to try if you are new to white teas. I am new to white teas. Only other white I’ve tried was a bag of Berryblossom white with boiling water at work steeped for 2 minutes because I didn’t read the instructions right. That tasted like water. I’m hesitant to try this after the reviews I’ve read. It’s steeping right now.

Dry leaves smell like hay. Not sure how this compares to the scent of other white leaves.

Wet leaves smell like wet hay on a rainy day. Not smelling anything pear like, but pear is usually light.

Blech…tea tastes like what I’d imagine wet hay tastes like. Poor horses when it’s raining, although I’m sure they know not what they’re missing. Wow, two sips in and this is revolting. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Not sure I want to try anymore. It’s very vegetal. I hope I can find a good white tea. But many more herbal and black teas I would like to try first. Wow, this has got to go. Thanks for the experience Erin, the Peach smells much better!

Erin

That was, without a doubt, the worst tea I have ever tasted. And yet someone gave it a good review, so I wanted to pass it along instead of composting it. Too bad you didn’t like it either!
It’s extremely unfortunate that it was one of your first encounters with a white tea. If you want a really good flavored white, try Adagio’s White Blueberry (it’s my personal favorite flavored white).

This sounded so good when I ordered it. I’m crazy about anything pear, but this… it was a huge disappointment. Even when brewed with twice as much tea as recommended, it still barely has any flavor. And what flavor you do get tastes nothing like pears. The tea itself doesn’t even really smell like pears. When I drank my last cup, there was a kinda unpleasant aftertaste, but mostly I could only taste the sugar I put in it. :(

takgoti

I’ve been on the lookout for a good pear tea. Will not be trying this one!

TeaTiff sent this along with some teas I bought. thank you! After seeing the Steepster rating, I kind of thought it would be worse than this. Maybe they changed the blend? First of all, there are apple chunks in a pear tea? I guess the flavoring makes it “pear”. But there isn’t much pear here. It tastes sort of chemically and odd/off. It also reminds me of that cucumber tea they have, so maybe it’s just the white tea itself. The white tea could be worse… at least it isn’t one of the fuzzy white teas. Not a favorite, but I appreciate trying it!

Sami Kelsh

WOW. I just went and read all the ratings and, like, what? I’ve only had this as the predominant flavour in a blend, but I loved it. Maybe somehow the other teas make it more pear and awesome, but… I’m so weirded out that I’m the only person who thinks it’s good. :p

TeaTiff

Oh man, now I feel awful! I meant to send the other flavored adagio black tea I had sitting around. I must have grabbed the wrong bag! I am sorry to have subjected you to this. I actually thought I had thrown this out.

Tea Sipper

haha, don’t worry about it. I’m actually glad I tried it. I didn’t think it was as bad as the other tasting notes were telling me it was. :D

I don’t like the pear, I don’t like the white base – so basically I don’t like anything about this. (Once again my apologies to everyone I’ve sent this to). Hope my other Adagio teas are better than this one.

So I lost the tasting note I had typed up for this. This was my first white tea and I found it very interesting. First off, the leaves are huge! I guess because they’ere whole leaves? It smelled overwhelmingly floral and brewed up very dark compared to what I thought a white was supposed to be. As it cooled down, I tasted some slight florality but not as much as I thought I’d get and just the slightest hint of pear. I mainly got the pear in the aftertaste. A very interesting cup. I’m not really sure if I like it or not.

Flavors: Flowers

It is very tasty, but not very pear-y! I would expect a slight bit of natural sweetness, but it isn’t there. It doesn’t make it awful, just not what I originally thought (and what I think it should be).

It is fine. Needs more Pear

Yuck! I made 8oz of this before bed last night hoping for just a nice calming light tea. When I opened the sample pouch it smelled nice, but very chemical-ish. Blah. I am not even sure I would give this away to anyone else. There are very few teas I have had that I won’t at least finish the cup, but this went down the drain.