White Pear

Fruit White Blend
Grass, Tea, Pear, Sweet, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Premium white tea from Fujian region of China infused with the taste of ripe pears. A wonderfully smooth and subtle treat, delectable both hot and cold. If you’re new to white tea, this would be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

As much as I love pear flavored things and white tea. This did not do it for me. It has a very off taste that sits on the tongue that’s not very pleasing at all. The taste can be compared to the taste of rotten fruit. But that’s just my opinion to someone else it might be something else entirely.

That aside, whoa I have not been on here in ages!! Mostly because I have been uber busy. Plus I have not been drinking a lot of tea due to the hot weather that has been soaring as of late. That aside I am now out from underneath my father’s roof and living with my fiancee’. We’ve been moved out for two or three weeks now. She’s been down here for almost a month now, after having moved out of her parent’s home in Ohio. It’s been great having her down here and so close. Fixing up the rent house and having to buy things for the house has been very hectic. While there were certain things I didn’t have to buy, there was a lot that needed to be bought still yet. Through all of that we somehow managed to get settled in and have gotten the chaos under control. Thus far actually having to pay bills has not become too overwhelming. Now that we’ve put down roots here I am actually enjoying my time on my own. Which helps having her here, because there’s no way I would adjust to a new place so soon. Especially after having lived in my old house for almost 10 plus years.

Backlog 4/67

Delicious white pear flavor. I mean, this is a white tea with pear flavor. It tastes of pear and white tea. That is all you could ask from white pear tea eh? :)

From Stephen Hockman’s stash that he passed to me. Thanks much for that! I enjoyed the White pear tea. My sister wants me to make it cold next. We may end up having this in our house next time I order from Adagio. :)

I’m super picky with whites and this is one of the few I’ve really, really liked. :)

Flavors: Pear, Sweet

I’m not sure why everyone hates this tea. I thought it tasted decent with a nice pear taste. Not sure if I could drink this day after day, might be too sweet but it was alright. Worth a try.

2032 tasting notes

TeaTiff sent this along with some teas I bought. thank you! After seeing the Steepster rating, I kind of thought it would be worse than this. Maybe they changed the blend? First of all, there are apple chunks in a pear tea? I guess the flavoring makes it “pear”. But there isn’t much pear here. It tastes sort of chemically and odd/off. It also reminds me of that cucumber tea they have, so maybe it’s just the white tea itself. The white tea could be worse… at least it isn’t one of the fuzzy white teas. Not a favorite, but I appreciate trying it!

Sami Kelsh

WOW. I just went and read all the ratings and, like, what? I’ve only had this as the predominant flavour in a blend, but I loved it. Maybe somehow the other teas make it more pear and awesome, but… I’m so weirded out that I’m the only person who thinks it’s good. :p

TeaTiff

Oh man, now I feel awful! I meant to send the other flavored adagio black tea I had sitting around. I must have grabbed the wrong bag! I am sorry to have subjected you to this. I actually thought I had thrown this out.

tea-sipper

haha, don’t worry about it. I’m actually glad I tried it. I didn’t think it was as bad as the other tasting notes were telling me it was. :D

I don’t like the pear, I don’t like the white base – so basically I don’t like anything about this. (Once again my apologies to everyone I’ve sent this to). Hope my other Adagio teas are better than this one.

So I lost the tasting note I had typed up for this. This was my first white tea and I found it very interesting. First off, the leaves are huge! I guess because they’ere whole leaves? It smelled overwhelmingly floral and brewed up very dark compared to what I thought a white was supposed to be. As it cooled down, I tasted some slight florality but not as much as I thought I’d get and just the slightest hint of pear. I mainly got the pear in the aftertaste. A very interesting cup. I’m not really sure if I like it or not.

Flavors: Flowers

It is very tasty, but not very pear-y! I would expect a slight bit of natural sweetness, but it isn’t there. It doesn’t make it awful, just not what I originally thought (and what I think it should be).

It is fine. Needs more Pear

Yuck! I made 8oz of this before bed last night hoping for just a nice calming light tea. When I opened the sample pouch it smelled nice, but very chemical-ish. Blah. I am not even sure I would give this away to anyone else. There are very few teas I have had that I won’t at least finish the cup, but this went down the drain.

I really wanted to like this tea, but something just didn’t work for me. I think it was because the pear aroma and flavor tasted more like a candy or artificial flavoring than pear, and considering pear is my favorite fruit I might be just really picky. The actual tea flavor was oddly dirty and unlike any white I have ever had.