White Pear

Fruit White Blend
Tea, Pear, Sweet, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Premium white tea from Fujian region of China infused with the taste of ripe pears. A wonderfully smooth and subtle treat, delectable both hot and cold. If you’re new to white tea, this would be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

I’m not sure why everyone hates this tea. I thought it tasted decent with a nice pear taste. Not sure if I could drink this day after day, might be too sweet but it was alright. Worth a try.

TeaTiff sent this along with some teas I bought. thank you! After seeing the Steepster rating, I kind of thought it would be worse than this. Maybe they changed the blend? First of all, there are apple chunks in a pear tea? I guess the flavoring makes it “pear”. But there isn’t much pear here. It tastes sort of chemically and odd/off. It also reminds me of that cucumber tea they have, so maybe it’s just the white tea itself. The white tea could be worse… at least it isn’t one of the fuzzy white teas. Not a favorite, but I appreciate trying it!

Sami Kelsh

WOW. I just went and read all the ratings and, like, what? I’ve only had this as the predominant flavour in a blend, but I loved it. Maybe somehow the other teas make it more pear and awesome, but… I’m so weirded out that I’m the only person who thinks it’s good. :p

Oh man, now I feel awful! I meant to send the other flavored adagio black tea I had sitting around. I must have grabbed the wrong bag! I am sorry to have subjected you to this. I actually thought I had thrown this out.

haha, don’t worry about it. I’m actually glad I tried it. I didn’t think it was as bad as the other tasting notes were telling me it was. :D

I don’t like the pear, I don’t like the white base – so basically I don’t like anything about this. (Once again my apologies to everyone I’ve sent this to). Hope my other Adagio teas are better than this one.

So I lost the tasting note I had typed up for this. This was my first white tea and I found it very interesting. First off, the leaves are huge! I guess because they’ere whole leaves? It smelled overwhelmingly floral and brewed up very dark compared to what I thought a white was supposed to be. As it cooled down, I tasted some slight florality but not as much as I thought I’d get and just the slightest hint of pear. I mainly got the pear in the aftertaste. A very interesting cup. I’m not really sure if I like it or not.

Flavors: Flowers

It is very tasty, but not very pear-y! I would expect a slight bit of natural sweetness, but it isn’t there. It doesn’t make it awful, just not what I originally thought (and what I think it should be).

It is fine. Needs more Pear

Yuck! I made 8oz of this before bed last night hoping for just a nice calming light tea. When I opened the sample pouch it smelled nice, but very chemical-ish. Blah. I am not even sure I would give this away to anyone else. There are very few teas I have had that I won’t at least finish the cup, but this went down the drain.

I really wanted to like this tea, but something just didn’t work for me. I think it was because the pear aroma and flavor tasted more like a candy or artificial flavoring than pear, and considering pear is my favorite fruit I might be just really picky. The actual tea flavor was oddly dirty and unlike any white I have ever had.

Sarah – very bad. Rating: 0

Yeah, this one was the worst of the white tea orchard sampler.

First off, there’s the odd unpleasant smell. I optimistically thought that brewing would fix this. I was mistaken.

It tastes weird. Sort of chemical-ish. Not even an artificial flavoring thing.