White Tangerine

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Premium white tea from Fujian region of China with sweetly tangy flavor of tangerines. A wonderfully smooth and subtle treat, delectable both hot and cold. If you’re new to white tea, this would be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

I can’t honestly say that I enjoyed this very much. The sweetness that I was expecting wasn’t there, and it tasted a bit too vegetal for my liking. I tasted way more of the white tea than the tangerine, which I hardly tasted at all. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing (especially if you like white tea like I do), but if you’re wanting a tangerine white, than I wouldn’t recommend this. On the bright side though, it doesn’t have any aftertaste because it is such a light tea.

Even though I only steeped it for just over 2 minutes, my mouth was left feeling curiously (and annoyingly) dry. I can’t think of why that would be, since I didn’t oversteep.

This is another one that I’d be willing to trade or give away if nobody takes me up on the offer.

So I’m not sure if I’ve ever eaten a tangerine before but I know what the flavor is and this tea has it. It follows suite with the other Adagio white teas I’ve tried thus far, a light tea with subtle hints of the fruit in it. I also lowered it’s recommended steep time of 7mins to 5mins per reccomendations of fellow steepersters.

Another winner from Adagio, I am drinking this as I post … lightly floral and relaxing at bedtime. I pour my first cup, and then let it steep a bit longer and add it to my cup, I like the differences between the lighter steep and then the darker notes… I let it cool pretty far and don’t mind at all at room temp.

Light tea that I drink at night to relax me before bed. It doesn’t have a strong tangerine taste, but the hint of flavor is the best!

I really enjoyed this tea, particularly iced. The flavors are very well balanced, and I found it to be very refreshing, though not super tangerine-flavored.

didn’t like this tea too much until I recently came down with a cold, at which point, it started tasting better… shrug

There was a very faint fruity smell when opening the pouch, but that disappears when steeping. The tea has a nice flavor, but no tangerine at all that I could detect. It’s not offensive by any means, but not something to get excited about either.

I have been looking to try more white teas. I picked this one in the sampler pack. It’s not bad. I don’t get a lot of the tangerine notes. There is a citrus aroma as it brews, but during drinking it seems to lessen. Maybe it’s just me, but I wanted a stronger citrus taste.

Overall, not a bad flavor….but it should be stronger.