White Tropics

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Pineapple, Bitter, Rose, Fruit Tree Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

From Adagio Teas

Get swept away to paradise with this wonderful blend of White tea from the Fujan region of China tea and the flavor of coconuts and pineapple. Even on a dreary, cold day you can be transported to a sunny beach by enjoying this unique blend hot or iced. Don’t forget your sunblock!

Ingredients: white tea, rose petals, natural pineapple flavor and natural coconut flavor

About Adagio Teas View company

I found this tea to have much more of a coconut taste than any pineapple taste. It doesn’t taste sweet to me, but much more of a hint of unsweetened coconut pieces. Adding a tad of sweetener on a resteep brought out more of the coconut hints. I liked this tea overall, the flavoring in my opinion were not overwhelming and were not overly sweet. I enjoyed this tea, and would probably order again.

Flavors: Coconut

Usually Adagio Teas have an unbelievable aroma when you open the bag. This tea has a weird fermented smell. I guess I taste pineapple, but it’s not a fresh, juicy pineapple flavor. The coconut is non-existent. There is something reminiscent of canned peaches.

Flavors: Pineapple

2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Like a mouthful of roses, according to my dear brother. And he’s right, this tea is basically like drinking a mouth full of roses. Now depending on who you ask , they may or may not be a good thing.

Personally I’m not bothered by this. Rose tea, to me, us far more tolerable than jasmine or lavender tea, which I despise. Though it is quite disappointing when a tea is marketed as ‘tropical’ with a hint of coconut and pineapple, ends up being the exact opposite. If this was called a rose tea I think adagio would do much better in ratings and sales for this one.

Flavors: Bitter, Rose

Another sample from my massive Adagio order.

I don’t care for this one. I’m not getting the fruit flavours from this one at all. I’m getting mostly just the floral/rose taste from it. I’m getting just a hint of coconut to it too. The pineapple is completely lost to me. Because I’m not the type to enjoy rose/florals in my tea, I’m not really enjoying this one at all. I’m drinking it, but I don’t think I’d go for another glass. This one will be given to my mom as she tends to love white teas and florals.

This sounds like it would be good iced, maybe.

On today’s episode of “Tea Problems…”

“White Tea…You are Drunk”

This is my first experience with white tea…first steep…ring the alarm. Houston we have a problem. First of all, it’s not WHITE y’all. AT. ALL. It straight-up looks like COFFEE. I SWEAR ON THE LEAF I ONLY STEEPED IT FOR 3 MINUTES!!!

In other news…tastes good. Nice hint of coconut. I added rock sugar so it’s pretty sweet…I dig it. Actually, that could be where the color is coming from…maaaaaaybe?

I’ll do a proper review after I figure out what/if I did something wrong…maybe I’ll try it with no sugar on the re-steep. Are you supposed to re-steep white? (Heads to Google)

That’s strange! And if it’s a good quality white you should be able to resteep it!

I got this tea in the white sampler box my best friend sent me for my birthday. I love white teas. Their delicacy is unmatched and they are the perfect partner for any fruit. Sadly, this blend did not live up to my expectations. I had a cup of it once and wasn’t too keen on it on it’s own. What I ended up doing was brewing it at quadruple strength and using part of it in my hookah base with some strawberry and guava tobacco. I’d say if I ever get it again, I’ll use if for that alone. It really enhanced the tobacco flavour, but on it’s own fell pretty flat.

Flavors: Fruit Tree Flowers

This is probably my least favorite tea from Adagio. I was really excited at the prospect of a fruity and tropical tea, but the aroma in the bag smelled over sweet. The tropical taste seemed off to me.

I really enjoyed this at first. I ordered it thinking it would be fruity and perfect for icing. While I am sure it would be fine iced, the coconut that is the main flavor (for me at least) tastes better warm. But as I worked through the couple ounces I had, it started to smell less like tropics and more like hot feet. Do not like.

was hoping for a little more flavor