White Tropics

Fruit White Blend
Bitter, Rose, Fruit Tree Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

• “A sipdown. Made a big pot to use it up because after trying the other Adagio flavored whites, this is definitely my least favorite. As it suffers by comparison, I'm lowering the rating...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “Tea 5 from "Another Travelling Tea Box?!?!" Very similar to White Peach because it has that same over-ripe fruit taste. Meh. I guess 3rd time is not the charm in this case. I will happily put...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #5 from Another Traveling Tea Box* I was really curious to try this one, as the reviews are overwhelmingly negative and that kind of thing makes one wonder. So, I didn't hate it as much...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “first of all... thank you ShortSorceress for this sample! it smells good... just the right tangy ping from the pineapple, a lovely warmth from the coconut... ... and then i added water. as soon as...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 377 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Get swept away to paradise with this wonderful blend of White tea from the Fujan region of China tea and the flavor of coconuts and pineapple. Even on a dreary, cold day you can be transported to a sunny beach by enjoying this unique blend hot or iced. Don’t forget your sunblock!

Ingredients: white tea, rose petals, natural pineapple flavor and natural coconut flavor

About Adagio Teas View company

Like a mouthful of roses, according to my dear brother. And he’s right, this tea is basically like drinking a mouth full of roses. Now depending on who you ask , they may or may not be a good thing.

Personally I’m not bothered by this. Rose tea, to me, us far more tolerable than jasmine or lavender tea, which I despise. Though it is quite disappointing when a tea is marketed as ‘tropical’ with a hint of coconut and pineapple, ends up being the exact opposite. If this was called a rose tea I think adagio would do much better in ratings and sales for this one.

Flavors: Bitter, Rose

Another sample from my massive Adagio order.

I don’t care for this one. I’m not getting the fruit flavours from this one at all. I’m getting mostly just the floral/rose taste from it. I’m getting just a hint of coconut to it too. The pineapple is completely lost to me. Because I’m not the type to enjoy rose/florals in my tea, I’m not really enjoying this one at all. I’m drinking it, but I don’t think I’d go for another glass. This one will be given to my mom as she tends to love white teas and florals.

Anna

This sounds like it would be good iced, maybe.

On today’s episode of “Tea Problems…”

“White Tea…You are Drunk”

This is my first experience with white tea…first steep…ring the alarm. Houston we have a problem. First of all, it’s not WHITE y’all. AT. ALL. It straight-up looks like COFFEE. I SWEAR ON THE LEAF I ONLY STEEPED IT FOR 3 MINUTES!!!

Help.

In other news…tastes good. Nice hint of coconut. I added rock sugar so it’s pretty sweet…I dig it. Actually, that could be where the color is coming from…maaaaaaybe?

I’ll do a proper review after I figure out what/if I did something wrong…maybe I’ll try it with no sugar on the re-steep. Are you supposed to re-steep white? (Heads to Google)

Cavocorax

That’s strange! And if it’s a good quality white you should be able to resteep it!

I got this tea in the white sampler box my best friend sent me for my birthday. I love white teas. Their delicacy is unmatched and they are the perfect partner for any fruit. Sadly, this blend did not live up to my expectations. I had a cup of it once and wasn’t too keen on it on it’s own. What I ended up doing was brewing it at quadruple strength and using part of it in my hookah base with some strawberry and guava tobacco. I’d say if I ever get it again, I’ll use if for that alone. It really enhanced the tobacco flavour, but on it’s own fell pretty flat.

Flavors: Fruit Tree Flowers

This is probably my least favorite tea from Adagio. I was really excited at the prospect of a fruity and tropical tea, but the aroma in the bag smelled over sweet. The tropical taste seemed off to me.

I really enjoyed this at first. I ordered it thinking it would be fruity and perfect for icing. While I am sure it would be fine iced, the coconut that is the main flavor (for me at least) tastes better warm. But as I worked through the couple ounces I had, it started to smell less like tropics and more like hot feet. Do not like.

was hoping for a little more flavor

My first time trying this tea. I got it in a white tea sampler and I don’t think I would’ve picked it out on its own. The leaves smell weird, but in a way I’m having a hard time identifying. Like, I can make myself believe that it’s coconut and pineapple but they’re not my first guesses. Then again, I don’t really like coconut or pineapple any way but straight up, so I am already biased against this.

The tea itself doesn’t smell as strongly as the leaves. The taste is also not particularly strong. I think I could’ve stood to use a bit more tea (I made less than normal since the smell was making me think I wasn’t going to particularly enjoy it) because as it is it’s pretty weak. It’s not bad, but it’s not good either. It’s fine, but it’s going to be a while before I bother to make this again.

Edit: okay, it’s cooling down and tasting more coconut-y. I change my assessment from “fine” to “tolerable”.

its a really light fruity/flowery taste and its something to enjoy on a hot summer day. I have also used it as part of recipe to make tropical rice and it worked really well.