White Tropics

Fruit White Blend
Bitter, Rose, Fruit Tree Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by TheKesser

• “A sipdown. Made a big pot to use it up because after trying the other Adagio flavored whites, this is definitely my least favorite. As it suffers by comparison, I'm lowering the rating...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Tea 5 from "Another Travelling Tea Box?!?!" Very similar to White Peach because it has that same over-ripe fruit taste. Meh. I guess 3rd time is not the charm in this case. I will happily put...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #5 from Another Traveling Tea Box* I was really curious to try this one, as the reviews are overwhelmingly negative and that kind of thing makes one wonder. So, I didn't hate it as much...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “first of all... thank you ShortSorceress for this sample! it smells good... just the right tangy ping from the pineapple, a lovely warmth from the coconut... ... and then i added water. as soon as...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Get swept away to paradise with this wonderful blend of White tea from the Fujan region of China tea and the flavor of coconuts and pineapple. Even on a dreary, cold day you can be transported to a sunny beach by enjoying this unique blend hot or iced. Don’t forget your sunblock!

Ingredients: white tea, rose petals, natural pineapple flavor and natural coconut flavor

About Adagio Teas View company

I picked this up in my first ever Adagio store outing after a friend I was with picked up the jar, smelled it, made a face and told me to not do it. I, being the contrary person I am, of course picked up the canister and took a whiff. I didn’t think it was that bad and I ended up picking up a bag. Unfortunately this is the tea whose memory will forever remind me to buy samples first.
The coconut was a bit stronger in the bag when I first opened it, but I could smell the pineapple as well, so I brewed up a batch.
Not what I was expecting, but certainly not as bad as I was thinking it would be after reading some of the reviews here. But within 5-10 min of first drinking this, I got the most godawful headache and proceeded to be ill for the rest of the night. And I’m positive it was the tea since I hadn’t eaten/drank anything I hadn’t had before.
I’m not sure if it was a bad batch, or just whatever they used for the flavoring reacted badly with me, but it was one of the worst experiences I’ve had with a tea since I started drinking it.

This has been one of my favorites since I got a sample last Christmas (09) and its been my daily tea off and on between some other greens and whites that I have. I got hooked drinking it lightly sweetened with turbinado sugar and now prefer it unsweetened. I’ve been brewing 2 batches every morning from my Zarafina and chilling it in the morning before drinking it since its too hot out here in Arizona to take it hot. With this being my first white tea that I have taken a big liking to, its hard to compare it to other whites. I love the light and fruity flavor that go along with earthy flavor of the tea.

I’ve gotten 7 or 8 cups out of the sample I purchased but I’m still undecided about this tea. The dry leaves smell like pineapples and sunscreen. There’s definitely coconut here too.

It’s decent brewed. Unsweetened, it has a nice flowery quality but lacking in overall flavor. On the other hand, too much sugar ruins it. Just a touch of sugar will do.

I’ve also been mixing it with some Vanilla Rooibos tea, which has been my favorite way to drink it.

When I opened the tin to this tea I couldn’t quite place what it was I was smelling but it definitely was the most powerful, in aroma, white tea I’ve come across so far. I’ve recently received my Perfect Steeper from EightCranes.com and my electric teapot from Adagio, so I was eager to try it. I was surprised how the aroma subdued only a little and the taste had what one drinker described as buttery. The first three sips I wasn’t sure but once I added a little of Splenda, I can say I like it. No it’s not at the top but it’s a little bit above average.

I’d decided to use the Perfect Steeper’s steeping time where white teas are steeped for 1-2 mins and it came out great. This will definitely be a regular :)

When I gave this a smell from the tin I jumped back; it smells horrible. But as soon as it hit some hot water, man did it taste great. A nice, light tropical flavor.

It makes no sense, but it is a bit creamy tasting; perhaps it is the coconut!

It creamy and smooth, very pleasant!

Good on the resteep…might even be able to get a 3rd steep out of it