Casablanca Twist

Green Tea
Cream, Earth, Menthol, Mineral, Mint, Peppermint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

An interesting twist on the old Moroccan Mint tea, which traditionally combines Gunpowder tea from China with fresh peppermint. We kept the latter, and replaced the smoky notes of Gunpowder with the muscatel highlights of a First Flush Darjeeling from India. The result is fresher, smoother and – we hope you’ll agree – a nice improvement on the original.

About Adagio Teas View company

Love this one. Got it in a sampler but will likely buy some on my next shipment.

I love this tea. It is one of my favorites. It has a real strong peppermint smell and taste to it which I really enjoy. I use the amber sugar crystals instead of regular grain sugar which I think gives it a better taste. I highly recommend this tea.

This is a perfectly good blend of perfectly good green tea and perfectly good mint.

However! Nothing will compare with tea made with fresh mint as they do in Morocco. So for that reason I’m rating this lower than I probably should.

This cup mostly smelled like peppermint with the Darjeeling as a very subtle undertone. The taste was almost all peppermint, but softer than peppermint tea by itself, beautifully balanced by the Darjeeling. I got distracted and let this cool for about 10 minutes before drinking it and then finished it in about 2 seconds without realizing it, so it must have been pretty good :)

I ordered this tea long ago, early in my loose leaf days. At that time I felt it was very pepper-minty, perhaps a good tea for the wintertime if you’re feeling a little under the weather. The mint is seriously vigorous when hot. Since my first tasting, I’ve reordered this tea more than once. I love it iced to help me cool off. The mint adds to the effervescent cool feeling inside and out. It is the best on stifling summer days. I like to mix in a little mango melange for some fruity sweetness. On my third reorder today, I brewed up a cold cup and drank it slowly throughout the day. A real creaminess in the darjeeling is present after a long brew or a temperature change, which made me fall in love with the flavor all over again. Definitely for mint lovers in all seasons but also an infallible iced brew.

Flavors: Cream, Earth, Menthol, Mineral, Mint, Peppermint

Sami Kelsh

I can’t believe I never thought of adding peppermint to darjeeling until I’d heard of this one, as I love them both so much. I really want to give this a go now!

I do quite this tea late in the afternoon or after dinner. Peppermint makes my tummy happy.

The flavor is dominantly peppermint, with the roundness of the darjeeling kind of comes out at the end. It feels a bit more substantial than a normal peppermint, but there isn’t much flavor past that.

This tea seems best as iced tea. The green tea they used in this blend doesn’t really break through the peppermint. As a peppermint iced tea, this is great. If I’m feeling crazy I throw some cream and chocolate in for that Andes taste.

I absolutely adore this tea, but it is nothing special to me hot. It does however make a truly spectacular iced tea for the summertime. It retains the flavor of green tea while being cooling by the mint. It is one of my true favorites.

Drinking this at work right now. Very refreshing and smooth. Really don’t need any sugar but occasionally I’ll put just a bit of Splenda in it.