Casablanca Twist

Green Tea
Cream, Earth, Menthol, Mineral, Mint, Peppermint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

An interesting twist on the old Moroccan Mint tea, which traditionally combines Gunpowder tea from China with fresh peppermint. We kept the latter, and replaced the smoky notes of Gunpowder with the muscatel highlights of a First Flush Darjeeling from India. The result is fresher, smoother and – we hope you’ll agree – a nice improvement on the original.

About Adagio Teas View company

Great tea. I keep this on hand to drink on a daily basis.

Brandice was kind enough to send me a sample of this tea. It’s quite yummy. I’m drinking it hot at the moment, but I think I would like it iced too (kind of like Starbucks green tea). The mint flavor is subtle and smooth.

This is the one tea I’ve ever thought benefited noticeably from a little sugar. I just use a half teaspoon for a 24oz teapot, and it really brings out the unique flavor of the darjeeling-mint blend, which is otherwise murky if you drink it piping hot. (With the exception of Casablanca Twist, I’m a purist when it comes to caffeinated beverages — no cream, no sugar, “coffee should be black as hell and strong as death”, and all that. So adjust your dosage accordingly.)

I got this as a sample, and although it’s decent, it doesn’t have enough of an edge over plain peppermint tea to make the inflated price (~2x more) worth it for me.

Refreshing, light, with a hint of mint. I think this would be a great iced tea, but I enjoyed it hot as well. Minty aftertaste is really nice. :)

I was never aware there was bergamot in this tea, I never was able to actually taste it. It is my breakfast tea. I wake up every morning to a cup of this refreshing tea. I like the minty taste of it. I love mint of all kinds from peppermint candies to peppermint tea. Love it, SO much. I would like to try other companies versions of this blend.

This is an incredibly minty tea. So minty, in fact, that the taste of the tea didn’t come across. If this tea was just a peppermint herbal tea, I’d drink it by the bucket. Unfortunatly, it’s not. I’d like to enjoy this tea but unless there’s a way to steep it that brings out the tea in it, this goes on the not to buy list.

I got this blend mostly to try out Adagio’s mint . When I opened the sample it smelled wonderful. Brewed, this is a very nice mint blend. The only disappointing thing about it, is that it was supposed to be a green tea/mint blend. I really couldn’t tell there was any green tea in this.

This tea is full, strong, smooth, with a black tea aftertaste, the peppermint is great, but I think it lacks the Wow I was hoping for…. Not bad, just not the best.

Single cup, unsweetend

Nice mint/spearmint taste balanced by the tea, which prevents the drink from becoming like mouthrinse. Makes a nice after dinner drink. Mint can be a tad overwhelming, which prevents it from becoming an everyday tea.