Casablanca Twist

Green Tea
Green, Mint, Cream, Earth, Menthol, Mineral, Peppermint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

An interesting twist on the old Moroccan Mint tea, which traditionally combines Gunpowder tea from China with fresh peppermint. We kept the latter, and replaced the smoky notes of Gunpowder with the muscatel highlights of a First Flush Darjeeling from India. The result is fresher, smoother and – we hope you’ll agree – a nice improvement on the original.

About Adagio Teas View company

Nice mint/spearmint taste balanced by the tea, which prevents the drink from becoming like mouthrinse. Makes a nice after dinner drink. Mint can be a tad overwhelming, which prevents it from becoming an everyday tea.

I didn’t really know anything about this tea before I tried it, and was surprised by its minty flavor. It has a very smooth, light green tea feeling to it and by far the biggest taste you get is that of mint – peppermint to be exact. I learned it is a “twist” (pun intended) on the older Moroccan Mint which uses gunpowder instead of Darjeeling as the base. I would be interested to try Moroccan to see the difference between the two. It isn’t overpowering like some mint herbal teas, just a cool feeling after you have taken a sip. Overall it was pretty good, definitely refreshing. It would probably make an interesting iced tea. While it was a good mint tea, mint really isn’t my favorite; but others who enjoy mint more might like it better.

See this and all my reviews at http://www.teageek.org

minty and delicious, the first “gourmet” tea i ever tried and certainly not the last.

awesome tea… one of my favorites.

I am actually drinking this tea iced right now. I cold brew in 1L bottles using ~4 tsp of loose tea- and just leave it overnight. Turns out perfect every time. I do add a little gunpowder to the blend, because otherwise it is just too minty for me.

Minty, fresh and smooth. Can’t taste much but the mint, but it is not overpowering.

Not too minty, a great derivative of moroccan mint with the substitution of darjeeling. Great cup to go along with an episode of LOST.

Oh yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!!! Delightfully refreshing. I had three cups of this last night.

One of the few teas I add sugar to.