Jasmine Chun Hao

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by bbrowne

• “I got this sample free with my 'order' from Adagio (I had a $10 gift certificate, so technically the whole order was free). I had some tasting notes written down for a puerh that Bonnie sent me to...” Read full tasting note
    tawnykira 60 tasting notes
  • “Ok, so still in testing mode (and probably will be for a while). Tonight's question is, do I like jasmine teas? I like green teas, in a general sense, so will see. I keep seeing these cute...” Read full tasting note
    Zweven 136 tasting notes
  • “Bleh. Trying sweetener to make it better...ah, raw sugar makes it drinkable but I'm going to have to lower my score for this one. It's still bitter after steeping for only 40 seconds. I'm trying to...” Read full tasting note
    Rellybob 262 tasting notes
  • “This was disappointing as a jasmine tea and as a green. The jasmine perfume is stale and weak, the tea was a bit bitter despite being careful with the tep and steep times. It wasn't awful - I did...” Read full tasting note
    Gravitea 33 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A perfumy tea from the Fujian province of China, infused with the delicate scent of jasmine flowers. Sweet cup, notes of warmed sugar and jasmine in bloom on a summer evening. Slightly toasty like a fresh biscuit. Light, refreshing cup and not overwhelmingly floral.

About Adagio Teas View company

I got this sample free with my ‘order’ from Adagio (I had a $10 gift certificate, so technically the whole order was free). I had some tasting notes written down for a puerh that Bonnie sent me to try, but it’s been a rough day & I seem to have misplaced them. We found out that someone my husband and I used to be close friends with was brutally murdered last night in our hometown.

That’s why I chose this tea- it smelled of fresh jasmine blooms & the smell alone proved to be calming.

The jasmine aroma is strong in this tea, as is the flavor of jasmine. I’ve read reviews on Adagio that said the jasmine was too strong, but I find I can still taste the green base & don’t find the floral quality of this tea to be overwhelming at all. I detect a honeysuckle like note to the aroma & flavor as well.

With a little simple syrup to sweeten it the flavors become softer and I find myself sinking into the couch and relaxing. Just what I needed.

Azzrian

So sorry to hear of this news. :(

Kittenna

That’s so awful, and somewhat terrifying. I’m so sorry. :(

Tawny Kira

Thank you- hopefully they will find out who did it :(

Ok, so still in testing mode (and probably will be for a while). Tonight’s question is, do I like jasmine teas? I like green teas, in a general sense, so will see. I keep seeing these cute little jasmine dragon balls everywhere, so it’s time to answer the question. I have 3 jasmines in my samples: this one, Mighty Leaf’s Organic Jasmine, and Teavana’s cute little balls : )

Ok, so I steeped it on the low end of their instructions: only 2 minutes. Pleasant enough, but a little weak (watery). Maybe it needs a longer steep, hmmm. With fragrance being another obsession, I’m very familiar with what jasmine smells like. I’m not getting a strong jasmine scent (no idea what it’s supposed to taste like).

I like this well enough to finish the sample, but there’s nothing here that’s crying my name or anything. Pleasant. Not bitter. I’m going to finish it, which says a lot …

Bleh. Trying sweetener to make it better…ah, raw sugar makes it drinkable but I’m going to have to lower my score for this one. It’s still bitter after steeping for only 40 seconds. I’m trying to finish more tea before I open some new ones I just got. I think I’m going to give it to a friend to see if she likes it better!

This was disappointing as a jasmine tea and as a green. The jasmine perfume is stale and weak, the tea was a bit bitter despite being careful with the tep and steep times. It wasn’t awful – I did manage to finish the cup, but I wouldn’t buy this again nor seek it out.

In the package: STRONG smell of jasmine. Floral scent that will knock you back on your heels.

Steeped: The tea is a clear yellow-green. Still very floral smell. Unsweetened, hits the tongue and runs past without making much of an impression. Three seconds later, the jasmine aftertaste hits and sticks around. With honey, the jasmine taste actually hits while you’re drinking instead of waiting for aftertaste.

It’s not bad, but it’s almost too heavy on the jasmine. I don’t get any green tea flavor at all. The other jasmine teas I’ve had were in black tea, and that held its own against the jasmine and seemed to me to balance it better. This would be a really good choice for someone who wants the benefits of green tea but likes jasmine tea a lot more than they like green tea.

I’m disappointed with this tea. It’s impossible to pull out much flavor without it getting too bitter, and the jasmine fragrance is a bit too understated for what I feel a jasmine should be like. I’ll try Adagio’s Yin Hao, maybe I’ll get better results.

had a lovely night in with a friend. spent the night drinking this, and watching moonrise kingdom and the dead poet’s society. absolutely perfect.

As far as jasmine green teas go, this is pretty much what I think of as the “default” flavor. It’s floral without being perfume-y, but kind of bitter unless you add something to sweeten it. Not one that I’d go out of my way to get, but I enjoy it quite a bit just because I love jasmine.