Genmai Cha

Green Tea
Nuts, Rice, Roasted Barley, Grass, Toasty, Green, Toasted Rice, Corn Husk
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from Japan that is the ‘snap, crackle, pop’ of teas. Genmai Cha is an exotic Japanese recipe that combines popped rice and popcorn with tender and delicate green tea leaves. First used by peasants as a cost-saving measure, our ‘Genmai Cha Pop’ tea is now equally popular with modern urbanites. Both groups enjoy a refreshing cup that’s both sweet and nutty.

$12/4 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

Polished off the last of my sample of this today, so it’s time to write a review. A review that can be summed up in one word:

Yum.

So I definitely like roasty green teas, and this one was great. The popped rice is malty and savory, making this a great dinnertime tea. The green tea base itself is perfectly grassy, and it doesn’t get bitter unless you oversteep. A keeper!

The maltiness of the popped rice is a better compliment to green tea than I had expected. I assume the caffeine content of the steeped tea is lower since the actual volume of tea leaves is less. I think I will keep some of this on-hand as an evening/post-dinner green tea.

I love this tea!
Genmai Cha from Adagio is one of my favorite teas. It’s very strong for a green tea. The toasted brown rice gives off a lovely aroma during brewing. Do not let this steep too long, otherwise you get a burnt taste that can be gross.

I love my Genmai Cha with a little touch of honey. Nothing more.

Great tea for keeping your hunger under control. The toasted brown rice leaves you feeling full.

Decent genmai cha but I don’t think I would buy again. Sample shipped with bad ratios of ingredients. Liquor is a scary kind of urine colour :) But the flavour is still good.

This was a very interesting tea. I really enjoyed it. I grew up eating puffed rice cereal for breakfast, so this tea,steeped, really reminded of a mixture of puffed rice,maybe some seaweed-y ocean smell (that could be because I was at the beach all weekend?) and some caramel on the nose. The tea itself is a rather light infusion, but has a robust flavor of the popped corn and rice that could have overrode the delicate green tea flavor, but didn’t. I like the two paired together, and as suggested by what TeaCast.net did by adding some matcha to it, i’m curious how that tastes, so I am off to try some added matcha! :) All in all, I really like this, and would reconsider buying it in a bigger container, as i only purchased a sample of the tea.

This is still one of my favorite teas, and as a bonus I found a rather large quantity of the Genmai cha as I was organizing my tea for Steepster :)

I had this tea at a local Orlando tea house (Infusion) and am now super addicted! I am guilty of drinking most of my teas with honey, and in this case it complimented it perfectly! ^^

Ick. Ack. Yuk. This tea smells like dirty socks… the taste isn’t actually that bad.. but I just can’t get over the aroma… not sure if perhaps I brewed it wrong or had too much puffed rice… but.. oy.

Good quality genmaicha. No Complaints.

Genmaicha is my favorite green tea. I love the strength of this tea, and the smoothness. The fragrance has always reminded me of the ocean for some inexplicable reason. It’s a very clean tea that I drink when I want to feel cleansed.