Genmai Cha

Green Tea
Rice, Toasty, Corn Husk, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from Japan that is the ‘snap, crackle, pop’ of teas. Genmai Cha is an exotic Japanese recipe that combines popped rice and popcorn with tender and delicate green tea leaves. First used by peasants as a cost-saving measure, our ‘Genmai Cha Pop’ tea is now equally popular with modern urbanites. Both groups enjoy a refreshing cup that’s both sweet and nutty.

$12/4 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

This was a very interesting tea. I really enjoyed it. I grew up eating puffed rice cereal for breakfast, so this tea,steeped, really reminded of a mixture of puffed rice,maybe some seaweed-y ocean smell (that could be because I was at the beach all weekend?) and some caramel on the nose. The tea itself is a rather light infusion, but has a robust flavor of the popped corn and rice that could have overrode the delicate green tea flavor, but didn’t. I like the two paired together, and as suggested by what TeaCast.net did by adding some matcha to it, i’m curious how that tastes, so I am off to try some added matcha! :) All in all, I really like this, and would reconsider buying it in a bigger container, as i only purchased a sample of the tea.

This is still one of my favorite teas, and as a bonus I found a rather large quantity of the Genmai cha as I was organizing my tea for Steepster :)

I had this tea at a local Orlando tea house (Infusion) and am now super addicted! I am guilty of drinking most of my teas with honey, and in this case it complimented it perfectly! ^^

Ick. Ack. Yuk. This tea smells like dirty socks… the taste isn’t actually that bad.. but I just can’t get over the aroma… not sure if perhaps I brewed it wrong or had too much puffed rice… but.. oy.

Good quality genmaicha. No Complaints.

Genmaicha is my favorite green tea. I love the strength of this tea, and the smoothness. The fragrance has always reminded me of the ocean for some inexplicable reason. It’s a very clean tea that I drink when I want to feel cleansed.

Keeping warm at work while doing some html coding.

Great! This has been my go-to tea for a few years, although I’ve since moved on to sencha.

Oh god its so good! A great blend of one of my all time favorite teas. Very much like drinking down a bowl of popcorn ;)

Feeling a little under the weather. Genmai Cha is fabulous for clearing your head and a sore throat. mmm…