Genmai Cha

Green Tea
Corn Husk, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from Japan that is the ‘snap, crackle, pop’ of teas. Genmai Cha is an exotic Japanese recipe that combines popped rice and popcorn with tender and delicate green tea leaves. First used by peasants as a cost-saving measure, our ‘Genmai Cha Pop’ tea is now equally popular with modern urbanites. Both groups enjoy a refreshing cup that’s both sweet and nutty.

$12/4 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

I had this tea at a local Orlando tea house (Infusion) and am now super addicted! I am guilty of drinking most of my teas with honey, and in this case it complimented it perfectly! ^^

Ick. Ack. Yuk. This tea smells like dirty socks… the taste isn’t actually that bad.. but I just can’t get over the aroma… not sure if perhaps I brewed it wrong or had too much puffed rice… but.. oy.

Good quality genmaicha. No Complaints.

Genmaicha is my favorite green tea. I love the strength of this tea, and the smoothness. The fragrance has always reminded me of the ocean for some inexplicable reason. It’s a very clean tea that I drink when I want to feel cleansed.

Keeping warm at work while doing some html coding.

Great! This has been my go-to tea for a few years, although I’ve since moved on to sencha.

Oh god its so good! A great blend of one of my all time favorite teas. Very much like drinking down a bowl of popcorn ;)

Feeling a little under the weather. Genmai Cha is fabulous for clearing your head and a sore throat. mmm…

Very interesting tea. Drink immediately after steeping. It has a corn component to it that can be overpowering as the tea cools. The heat keeps all other flavor but mutes the corn a little bit.

This is heavy tea, that stands well on it’s own. It’s very calming and soothing. Make sure to not add too much leaf though. I made that mistake the frist time I made this tea, and it tasted like burnt popcorn.