Genmai Cha

Green Tea
Corn Husk, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from Japan that is the ‘snap, crackle, pop’ of teas. Genmai Cha is an exotic Japanese recipe that combines popped rice and popcorn with tender and delicate green tea leaves. First used by peasants as a cost-saving measure, our ‘Genmai Cha Pop’ tea is now equally popular with modern urbanites. Both groups enjoy a refreshing cup that’s both sweet and nutty.

$12/4 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

I haven’t tasted other genmai cha’s and I imagine they’re all an acquired taste. The green tea used in this one is pretty strong, which I like. It helps balance the also strong taste of toasted grains. I find the toasty quality to be warming. This would be great on a cold, rainy day.

It needs no sweetener (I cant even imagine how that’d taste!) and can be re-steeped once. I’m sure the taste isn’t for everyone but personally it’s one of my favorites.

Like liquid popcorn w/a lot less calories. Great in the afternoon for a light pick me up. It had a very light and clear flavor-it was not strongly vegetal. It is definitely a taste that takes some getting used to…

This is a great Japanese green with popped rice. It’s not as grassy as most Japanese greens, and has a nice, mellow toasty taste. Great for multiple steeps.

Mmmm! Genmai cha is one of my staples. So, after a 60 hour work week and 7 hours of sleep in the last 2 nights (combined) I brewed a cup of this. The toasty flavor is just perfect on a rainy, dreary day. I’m on my second steep now.

I tried it in my new sampling kit from adagio because I was a little wary of it, but I’m definitely leaving the leaves in for a second steep! Great, fun taste, good for an afternoon movie or book.

I love the history behind this tea.

tried it twice. Each time only could take 2 sips. Hate the brown rice taste.

Solid genmaicha at an excellent price. The popped and toasted rice tastes fresh, not stale like some others I have tasted. Good for 3 infusions (1.5 min, 30 s, 1.5 min @ 79 C) I like this tea in the afternoon, as it does not have a lot of caffeine. Great to have once a week or so.

Flavors: Corn Husk, Nuts

A decent roasted brown rice tea. Definitely better than the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf that I had a couple weeks before!
I poured boiling water into my timolino and ran off to Starbucks to study. Two hours later, I was sitting in lecture and decided to brew my tea as presentations were going on, and my water was still very hot! I love my timolino so much :)

So yeah. A decent Genmai Cha. It’s nice to have some wrapped sachets in the cupboard when I want to make tea on the go :)

Wow… Genmaicha. Adagio. One of my favorites!! The yummy taste of popcorn along with all the greeny goodness of tea. Adagio does not disappoint me with this one.