Genmai Cha

Green Tea
Nuts, Rice, Roasted Barley, Grass, Toasty, Green, Toasted Rice, Corn Husk
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from Japan that is the ‘snap, crackle, pop’ of teas. Genmai Cha is an exotic Japanese recipe that combines popped rice and popcorn with tender and delicate green tea leaves. First used by peasants as a cost-saving measure, our ‘Genmai Cha Pop’ tea is now equally popular with modern urbanites. Both groups enjoy a refreshing cup that’s both sweet and nutty.

$12/4 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

One of my favorite teas. Tastes like warm sweet liquid rice cakes. Perfect at night before bed, helps me avoid snacking & makes me feel cozy.

Flavors: Rice, Toasty

2 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I have yet to have a bad experience with a Genmai Cha. A friend brought me some in tea bags from Japan and it was yummy, so I bought some of Adagio’s loose Genmai Cha and – it’s lovely. Then I got some Kusmi Genmai Cha from a friend cause she didn’t like it and – it was lovely. (Mind you – Kusmi recommends 1 minute at 90 degrees. Do not listen.)

So, basically, a lovely, typicall Genmai Cha as far as I can tell. Ricey! Lovely.

tried it twice. Each time only could take 2 sips. Hate the brown rice taste.

Solid genmaicha at an excellent price. The popped and toasted rice tastes fresh, not stale like some others I have tasted. Good for 3 infusions (1.5 min, 30 s, 1.5 min @ 79 C) I like this tea in the afternoon, as it does not have a lot of caffeine. Great to have once a week or so.

Flavors: Corn Husk, Nuts

A decent roasted brown rice tea. Definitely better than the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf that I had a couple weeks before!
I poured boiling water into my timolino and ran off to Starbucks to study. Two hours later, I was sitting in lecture and decided to brew my tea as presentations were going on, and my water was still very hot! I love my timolino so much :)

So yeah. A decent Genmai Cha. It’s nice to have some wrapped sachets in the cupboard when I want to make tea on the go :)

Wow… Genmaicha. Adagio. One of my favorites!! The yummy taste of popcorn along with all the greeny goodness of tea. Adagio does not disappoint me with this one.

This tasted oddly like popcorn. But I like popcorn, so that is ok. Definitely not iced tea material, but I enjoyed it immensely!

I love green tea; flavored, unflavored, you name it- I’ll love it. Genmai cha is one of those teas I cannot help but try to drink before it is cool and I usually end up burning the tip of my tongue out of excitement. Without sugar, it is vegetal and refreshing. With a pinch of sugar, it is salty-sweet like caramel popcorn. The last sip of this tea with sugar is my favorite. It is a great tea to drink while curled up and watching a movie (it replaces popcorn for me). A tea that tastes great and helps me stay away from junk food? Sign me up!

Brews a neon green that is somewhat unsettlingly eerie. The smell is straight up popcorn, but good popcorn, not microwaved, so actually a great smell. Tastes like nuts and popcorn… probably right about what you should expect from a tea with nuts and popcorn in it.