Green Pekoe

Green Tea
Butter, Grass, Honey, Seaweed
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

• “I'm drowning in tea and must take immediate measures to STOP BUYING MORE. My new plan has as a requirement that I drink up twice as much tea as I replace. This requirement applies to full sized...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “For reference, I rated this a 16 because it tasted really really soapy and weird to me. But no one else had a similar rating and my sister thought it tasted fine and great, so I'm not going to skew...” Read full tasting note
    BlueKittyMeow 124 tasting notes
  • “I received this as a free sample with my last Adagio order. It was originally supposed to be Green Anji, but that was sold out. (In fact, it still is.) I've been putting off reviewing it because...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes
  • “Thanks goes out to tattooed_tea for this sample! In all honesty I usually gloss over the non-flavored teas for the most part, especially greens. Maybe it's because of the vegetal-ness I get...” Read full tasting note
    WillWorkForTea 135 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from the Fujian province of China. Green Pekoe (sometimes referred to as Orange Pekoe) is famed as an everyday tea, and is among the most popular teas consumed in China. Its thin, wavy leaves appear almost black when dry. Once infused, however, our ‘Green Pekoe Blues’ reveals its true color. And produces a light cup with a smooth, mellow taste and a gentle, soothing aroma.

$5/1.5 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

this has a wet grass smell. I think this is okay. I am not a huge green tea fan. I do not really care for the grassy taste But this Green Pekoe does not have a strong grass taste. it does not really have mush of a flavor. I think this is good for someone who does not really like green tea or need a stepping stone to green tea.

One of my favorite green teas, very simple but awesome flavor.

I can’t say I dislike this tea. I accidentally over steeped the tea, but from the other reviews it seems like the suggestion. I thought it to be an alright tea although very subtle.

8 min or more

An okay, but not spectacular green. The grassy favor is very delicate but tasty. I just wish it was about 50% stronger. I tried steeping it up to about 7 mins and really didn’t extract too much more flavor, only bitterness. At the recommended 180 degrees for 3-4 mins it is a mild green that is very drinkable, but forgettable.

Oh, very nice! It smelled and looked lovely in the tin, but it had a very weak color and hardly any scent at all in the mug — I almost let it steep longer, and then I thought, No, I always do this to green teas; I should just drink it. And I’m glad I did, because all of that loveliness came right back out in the taste.

Pretty standard, nothing great not disappointing

A nice, simple green tea. Did two infusions and it held up well. Am about to see if I can squeeze a 3rd infusion.