Gunpowder

Green Tea
Cannabis, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Yay! My first second steeping of a tea! If I decide to resteep other teas, I'll probably tack the findings on to the end of the first steep results. But since my last review of Gunpowder was so...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging from last night.. Bad, I know. I wasn't sure whether to log this under Honeybush Mango or Gunpowder, since I went half and half with the two teas. This is now my new favorite blend....” Read full tasting note
    mattscinto 52 tasting notes
  • “I got a sample tin of this tea from Ricky in a trade (thanks man!). Now I'll start off by saying that the first and only experience I've had with gunpowder green tea was rather...regretable. It...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1527 tasting notes
  • “Trying to get rid of this one so I have an empty tin... loved it when I bought it, now I don't care for it. It's not bad, I've just found other teas I like more. ” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from the Guangdong province of China. Gunpowder tea, as the name implies, is made up of leaves hand-rolled into tiny pellets. These resemble gunpowder, and give this tea its distinct name. Continuing this bang-bang theme, our special-grade version of this tea is named after a year that saw lots of cannon action. Our ‘1812 Gunpowder’ produces a full-bodied cup with a hint of smokiness. And mixes well with peppermint to produce a popular ‘Moroccan Mint’ tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Kinda nice green smokey flavor, kinda like a campfire or maybe a good cigar. Not bad though.

Roasty goodness. I don’t even consider this a green tea in my own mind, tastes almost like a black tea. The stuff chest hair is made of.

Three minutes of steeping time yields a nice vegetal flavor with some smokiness.

a nice mild flavor with just enough smokiness :) something id recommend to people who prefer a less sweet tea and like their green teas

I usually mix in a little bit of casablanca twist to add a minty note, but gunpowder by itself is still delicious

A smokey darker green tea. Much hardier than your average Green tea but also much bolder.

Been drinking this all morning to get me started (and to punish myself for being a little late to work). This is my favorite smokey tea, though my experience is limited.

This tea is very easy to over steep. I drink this tea on the lighter side.

Didn’t enjoy this the first couple times I drank it, but I think that’s because I steeped it too long. I took my time this cup, timed it for exactly 3 minutes, and it came out delicious!

I did add some honey to it, just a bit though, so there was a little sweetness that balanced out the smokiness of the tea. This tea just moved up in my book.

Footnote: My girlfriend just tried it and said “it tastes like mud” and “it tastes like I licked a cigarette” so apparently it may not be good for everyone :)

Hate the smell, love the taste