Green Tea
Mint, Smoke, Vegetal, Cannabis, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from the Guangdong province of China. Gunpowder tea, as the name implies, is made up of leaves hand-rolled into tiny pellets. These resemble gunpowder, and give this tea its distinct name. Continuing this bang-bang theme, our special-grade version of this tea is named after a year that saw lots of cannon action. Our ‘1812 Gunpowder’ produces a full-bodied cup with a hint of smokiness. And mixes well with peppermint to produce a popular ‘Moroccan Mint’ tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

Been drinking this all morning to get me started (and to punish myself for being a little late to work). This is my favorite smokey tea, though my experience is limited.

This tea is very easy to over steep. I drink this tea on the lighter side.

Didn’t enjoy this the first couple times I drank it, but I think that’s because I steeped it too long. I took my time this cup, timed it for exactly 3 minutes, and it came out delicious!

I did add some honey to it, just a bit though, so there was a little sweetness that balanced out the smokiness of the tea. This tea just moved up in my book.

Footnote: My girlfriend just tried it and said “it tastes like mud” and “it tastes like I licked a cigarette” so apparently it may not be good for everyone :)

Hate the smell, love the taste

accidentally oversteeped a ton, but still good