Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from Japan famed for its unique shading process. Gyokuro, meaning ‘pearl dew,’ is among the finest of Japanese teas. Our ‘Moonlight Gyokuro’ is made solely from the prized tender buds gathered in the early spring flush. Three weeks prior to plucking, tea bushes are shaded from the sun. The fruits of this hard work are evident in each cup. The result is a gentle tea with an intoxicating fragrance and truly sublime taste.

About Adagio Teas View company

I’m on my third pot of this. It is a good green tea. As others have noted, I believe a 165 to 170 brew temp is optimal for this tea. It seems to bring on a bit of bitterness at 180. The appearance is a bright green. The taste is very fresh. It’s more subtle, as most greens are, but there is still a lot of flavor.

Gotta love this tea. Very grassy, and quite smooth going down. I also love how the leaves feel.

Delicious! I drank the little bit I had left in celebration of me passing my board exams!

I’m honestly not sure what to think of this one. It’s not exceptional to me, just fine. It’d probably be good with food.

It’s definitely green, and it tastes very vegetal. It’s not all that bitter and not all that sweet: more mellow and in-between. The aftertaste doesn’t quite make it to sweet. Other than that it’s not impressive. The reviews on Adagio’s site claim that other companies have better gyokuros, so I might want to try those.

When I first tried it I was unsure of it. It was definitely different from anything I had tasted before and from what I was expecting. But after perfecting the steeping process itis now my new favorite tea. I am somewhat partial to Japanese greens anyway, but this one wins so far. I love the sweetness and what I am assuming is the umani, although my taste buds aren’t refined enough to know for sure. They work perfectly together. I also love the color of this tea. This tea pleases all senses.

It has a noticeably strong green tea flavor, not my favorite green tea but pretty good.

Very fresh tasting. Not recomended for tasting purposes. It is a simple pick-up. Good iced, drink cold to mute some of the bitterness.