Birthday Tea

Bitter, Frosting, Vanilla, Cake, Caramel, Smooth, Sweet, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

• “Yumminess... I had forgotten just how tasty this tea is. I need to figure out how I can keep myself from going through my tin of this too quickly... Increasing the rating... Yesterday I went...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 159 tasting notes
  • “I add a decent amount of milk and sugar to this - it makes it a very dessert-y tea, but honestly, it's called birthday tea - it should be dessert-y. Without milk and sugar, it's just kind of fine,...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Started my day off with this because hey, it's my birthday, I do what I want. Adagio kindly included it as a sample with my last order, so that was exciting. The dry leaves smell like vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Adagio sent me this in my most recent order because my birthday is right around the corner. I previously bought this and had the worst time with it. So I'm hoping now things might be better. So...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A treat for any day of the year! A tasty blend of vanilla, cream, and a touch of caramel. The inclusion of rainbow sugar sprinkles adds a festive note and makes this tea perfect for celebrating your special day.

Created by: Christine Rillo
Contains: vanilla, cream, caramel

About Adagio Teas View company

I felt like a little bit of a celebration this morning. The night before we encountered this equation: cat + 7-Up + MacBook = sadness. Last night we took it in to the GeekSquad and discovered I had actually purchased the klutz coverage, so my laptop is going to be brought back to life!

So until it returns from the dead, my activity is going to take a little hit, but I can totally deal with that!

But on to the tea ;)

I don’t remember if I’ve had this before, but I’m getting more of a crème brûlée flavor to it. It’s the flavor of toasted (but not entirely burnt) sugar crust. Hmmm… maybe I should make some up and have an excuse to play with a mini torch!

Thank you Reasoned_Melody for this tea.
My birthday was a few days ago but I only received this today and my party is tomorrow…I think it’s only fair I have a cup of this tea at the present moment. Plus it would have been my cat Mr Bloo’s birthday today (he was my best friend and childhood pet, he died last year). A very sad day and would be birthday.

This tea is vanilla and creamy in scent whilst raw. Once steeped with a sugar and drop of milk added this tea is a rather tasty mix of caramel and creamy vanilla. Smooth and silky yet being black tea based there is an earthy darkness behind it all. Rather a nice blend and the rainbow sprinkles in the raw mixture are fun. _

It’s NOT by birthday, but I’ll drink this birthday tea if I want to. Sorry, that was bad. I probably only know that song because I spent at least one of my birthdays crying (chicken pox & sweltering heat). And another birthday memory: I also remember bringing ridiculously colored Sesame Street cupcakes to a school birthday one year. When there were some extra cupcakes left at the end of the day, my brother was planted in a high chair in the garage for a good reason — he got blue cookie monster frosting EVERYWHERE.

Anyway, thank you Starfevre for this sample! I love anything with vanilla and cream. This might be the first Adagio black tea I’ve tried. This is good! I steeped for three minutes, since I don’t see any instructions anywhere. The dry leaves smell like cake more than the tea tastes like cake. I love the black tea flavor — a bit strong, which may be drowning out the flavors. But I’m okay with that! I needed a tough black tea this morning (or every morning, really.) It’s a nice flavor combination… though more caramel would have been nice. I love the briskness with the sweetness of the vanilla, caramel and cream. I wouldn’t mind having this on my birthday! But now I’m thinking… what about black tea cupcakes??
Starfevre

Glad you like it!

Sipdown! Yay I have finally gotten rid of this tea! I found that it’s better brewed at a lower temperature. The vanilla and cakey flavors come out a bit more. I still love the sprinkles in this tea :P so cute.

First, as I usually do, I smelled the tea leaves.

They already smelled very much like caramel with just a hint of vanilla in there somewhere.

When I had steeped the tea, I removed the leaves to find the refreshing sight of a brownish red liquor in my cup.

I tasted the tea plain at first.
It was already a little sweet, without having to add sweetener, and it was also smooth like cream. The flavor of caramel was very bold, blending in with a strong sapor of vanilla.

I then added sweetener and some cream.

The brew gushed brilliant flavors into my mouth and over my tongue, lingering as I swallowed what seemed to be sweet candle light from a birthday cake.
The caramel mixed with the vanilla and came.to.life.

It was like drinking the essence of a birthday cake: Very sweet, yet balanced; very creamy and smooth and wet on the tongue, the savoring flavor tardy in my mouth long after each sip I took and swallowed eagerly.

I would rate this tea as one of my absolute favorites! huzzah!

(I drank at least nine other mugs of this tea throughout the day~)

Ninavampi

I love this one!! I think it really tastes like liquid birthday cake! :)

Bonnie

Yes, you definitely are related to me!

Hesper June

9 mugs! Wow:-) it sounds very yummy

this tea has sprinkles in it….what’s not to love? The tea makes a great warm, comforting cup that is not too overpowering. It reminds me of a vanilla cupcake in a tea cup, minus the calories!

Cofftea

This tea annoys me, only because since it’s made by an Adagio employee it can have things other than tea in it. It’s just not fair.

TeaEqualsBliss

LOL @ Cofftea…but true! :P

TeaEqualsBliss

I still haven’t tried this tea yet…maybe one of these days!

LissaMarie

haha I agree! They should allow everyone to put sprinkles/other things in their teas. How much more fun would a tea for say, st. patrick’s day be if it had little green shamrocks in it!

This tea was okay, but unfortunately didn’t get the sweet dessert taste I was looking for. After adding a generous portion of rock sugar it was better, but still didn’t taste like cake unfortunately.

I have to say that this tea is MUCH better with milk and sugar. It is actually very much similar to a cake type of flavor. I will be adjusting my rating for sure.

Another sample tea sent by Ricky! Thanks for the opportunity to taste this tea. This tea smells sweet and intoxicating. I think it may need to be brewed closer to 2 minutes as I got a really strong not so pleasant cup at 3 minutes. I’m not a fan of cream, and that seems to be the main taste on my tongue, I’m getting a pleasant aftertaste of caramel though. I think I’m starting to see why others find adagio’s flavored teas aren’t the best. The base really isn’t to my liking in this one. I do like that it tastes more like a black tea with light flavor undertones. I didn’t need to add anything to this tea. Probably won’t reorder, but will enjoy the rest of my sample.

Ricky

Haha, I feel the same way =]

I am continually surprised by the fact that I actually kind of like this tea. Despite the presence of a billion things to make it cloying and too sweet, somehow the black tea base still manages to assert itself. That said, the taste isn’t really anything special, just a “general sweet things” sort of taste. And, really, the vanilla kind of dominates the other flavors, although I DO get some caramel.

The further down the cup I get (and the colder the tea gets) the more I get the caramel. It’s DEFINITELY dominating now. As before, I begin to suspect that I am becoming spoiled by Really Good blends from other companies. Which is annoying because other companies tend not to be budgeted for graduate students. Sadface!

On a happy note, that was the last of this, so that’s another empty container! Yay!

Meghann M

Yay for empty containers. I get thrilled when one is emptied too! And sadface for low tea budgets :(