Birthday Tea

Caramel, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

• “Yumminess... I had forgotten just how tasty this tea is. I need to figure out how I can keep myself from going through my tin of this too quickly... Increasing the rating... Yesterday I went...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes
  • “I add a decent amount of milk and sugar to this - it makes it a very dessert-y tea, but honestly, it's called birthday tea - it should be dessert-y. Without milk and sugar, it's just kind of fine,...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Started my day off with this because hey, it's my birthday, I do what I want. Adagio kindly included it as a sample with my last order, so that was exciting. The dry leaves smell like vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Adagio sent me this in my most recent order because my birthday is right around the corner. I previously bought this and had the worst time with it. So I'm hoping now things might be better. So...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A treat for any day of the year! A tasty blend of vanilla, cream, and a touch of caramel. The inclusion of rainbow sugar sprinkles adds a festive note and makes this tea perfect for celebrating your special day.

Created by: Christine Rillo
Contains: vanilla, cream, caramel

About Adagio Teas View company

Thank you very much Ricky for sending me some of this to try! This looks like black tea with colored sprinkles. The tea mostly smells like caramel. I steeped this for a short time. I can taste mostly the caramel with abit of vanilla and the black tea. I would of liked the vanilla to be more balanced with the caramel or stronger. I still do think this I’s a pretty good tea if abit really sweet.

Ricky

You’re welcome =] Glad the surprise came in one piece. I was afraid it would get lost in the mail.

Nice and sweet. The vanilla tea being one of my favorites, this blend is great when I want something sweeter. It smells great and the flavors aren’t overpowering.

The first thing you notice is….there are sprinkles in my tea leaves!! I do not care how bad of a mood you are in, if you see sprinkles it is a smile inducer. Unless those sprinkles are casually replacing sesame seeds on your hamburger’s bun, then that might be annoying. The description of the tea’s ingredients list a blend of Vanilla, Cream, and Caramel teas, have tried two of those three and really enjoyed them I was excited. These teas use a base of Ceylon and blend with natural flavorings and usually I really like their blends, sadly there have been one or two that did not make me go WOW! but most of them are delicious.

The aroma of the dry leaves is strong, it doesn’t really smell like birthday. With a lot of Adagio’s flavored teas, you really cannot judge them from the leaf aroma (which I do find really frustrating) because it is usually really strong. This tea smells like you open up a bottle of vanilla extract and snort it. I do not smell any of the caramel or cream…or sprinkles, but they don’t really have a smell.

The aroma of the brewed tea though is YUM!! It smells so much like a freshly baked, butter-cream frosted, cupcake that I legitimately wondered ‘is this tea a portal to an alternate reality cupcake?’ I really think in a blindfolded test I would have thought that this tea was a cupcake. Which, I want to point out, is really convenient since I have been hard core craving some cake lately.

The taste reminded me of a tea soaked cake. The flavors are predominantly cream and vanilla with notes of caramelized sugar (not actual caramel candy, which is good since I am not a huge fan) as the initial sweetness fades you get to taste the base tea which is rich and mellow, no bitterness like you get with lower quality Ceylon. Everything about this tea is sweet, it is a dessert tea through and through. I recommend a splash of cream and no sugar unless you really need a sugar fix. Definitely best for after a meal when you don’t want to eat any more but want something sweet or for breakfast.

Adagio Birthday Tea: Warm and sweet, not overpowering. More comforting than distinctive. A nice pick-me-up. Good black.

This tea smells amazing, but does need a touch of sugar to cut some bitterness.

Fairly unforgettable black tea by itself, but with a little sugar and milk/cream, it really does take like a cupcake with a swirl of vanilla frosting. I could do without the sprinkles (which stain my IngenuiTEA’s filter if I’m not careful), but other than that, it’s tasty stuff indeed.

Oversteeped. Whoops.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

First, a note: this was mixed 50/50 with Adagio’s Currant tea.

I tried this plain, and it was too bitter and tannin-heavy. I added some sugar, and it was still too bold, so I tried a splash of milk. Perfect! The currant flavor masks a lot of the overpowering nature of Birthday, so the vanilla came out as an overtone very pleasantly. Still relatively one-dimensional, but hot and sweet and perfect for a birthday.

I placed 3 separate orders around my birthday last year and received 2 free samples of birthday tea and 1 free sample of Scorpius.

The only flavored tea I like is Earl Gray, all the other flavored teas taste chemical to me. This tea was no exceptionl; the flavoring drowned the flavor of the tea and was unpleasant. I don’t know why but this tea made my tongue feel funny, almost numb. I really tried to like it, I tried it several times with milk, sugar, straight, stronger, weaker, etc., it didn’t matter. Flavored teas are just not for me.

On a side note, I like how Adagio sometimes approaches presentation; the tea had some sprinkles that gave it an interesting look, though that’s more for looks and not ver functional.

This is like one of my favorite teas. I love the flavor of this tea and enjoy serving it when I have guests over. My nephews especially love the sweet taste of this tea, though sometimes they add too much sugar to it. It may be called birthday, but it should be called UnBirthday tea as it is great for an everyday tea.