Birthday Tea

Bitter, Frosting, Vanilla, Cake, Caramel, Smooth, Sweet, Tannin
Edit tea info Last updated by Auggy

• “Yumminess... I had forgotten just how tasty this tea is. I need to figure out how I can keep myself from going through my tin of this too quickly... Increasing the rating... Yesterday I went...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 160 tasting notes
  • “I add a decent amount of milk and sugar to this - it makes it a very dessert-y tea, but honestly, it's called birthday tea - it should be dessert-y. Without milk and sugar, it's just kind of fine,...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “Started my day off with this because hey, it's my birthday, I do what I want. Adagio kindly included it as a sample with my last order, so that was exciting. The dry leaves smell like vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Adagio sent me this in my most recent order because my birthday is right around the corner. I previously bought this and had the worst time with it. So I'm hoping now things might be better. So...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1199 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

A treat for any day of the year! A tasty blend of vanilla, cream, and a touch of caramel. The inclusion of rainbow sugar sprinkles adds a festive note and makes this tea perfect for celebrating your special day.

Created by: Christine Rillo
Contains: vanilla, cream, caramel

About Adagio Teas View company

First, a note: this was mixed 50/50 with Adagio’s Currant tea.

I tried this plain, and it was too bitter and tannin-heavy. I added some sugar, and it was still too bold, so I tried a splash of milk. Perfect! The currant flavor masks a lot of the overpowering nature of Birthday, so the vanilla came out as an overtone very pleasantly. Still relatively one-dimensional, but hot and sweet and perfect for a birthday.

I placed 3 separate orders around my birthday last year and received 2 free samples of birthday tea and 1 free sample of Scorpius.

The only flavored tea I like is Earl Gray, all the other flavored teas taste chemical to me. This tea was no exceptionl; the flavoring drowned the flavor of the tea and was unpleasant. I don’t know why but this tea made my tongue feel funny, almost numb. I really tried to like it, I tried it several times with milk, sugar, straight, stronger, weaker, etc., it didn’t matter. Flavored teas are just not for me.

On a side note, I like how Adagio sometimes approaches presentation; the tea had some sprinkles that gave it an interesting look, though that’s more for looks and not ver functional.

This is like one of my favorite teas. I love the flavor of this tea and enjoy serving it when I have guests over. My nephews especially love the sweet taste of this tea, though sometimes they add too much sugar to it. It may be called birthday, but it should be called UnBirthday tea as it is great for an everyday tea.

I got this tea as a sample when Adagio first started the “signature blend” thing, and it has become one of my absolute favorite teas! I brew it hot, I brew it iced, and I never let myself run out. It really does taste like birthday cake. And how could you not love a tea with sprinkles? :-)

Liked this one fine. It didn’t knock my socks off though. I got it as a free sample from Adagio. It does taste like birthday cake, surprisingly. Probably wouldn’t buy it though.