Fujian Rain

Oolong Tea
Earth, Rice, Toasted
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

From Adagio Teas

Shui Xian, which translates to “Water Sprite,” is an oolong produced in a similar style to Wuyi Oolongs. Therefore they share some similar traits, such as peachy-honey notes and a mineral “rock taste.” This high-fired, medium grade version results in a rich tasting amber colored cup with the nuances of minerals, apricots and spice. Great for an everyday oolong option.

About Adagio Teas View company

Tastes sort of like a light pu-erh, or over brewed bai mudan, maybe. Overall, I’m not impressed. I think green oolongs are more my thing.

John Grebe

I agree there is a crossover effect as if one likes puerh or rock oolong than there is a very good chance that one will also enjoy the other.

This oolong has a nice mineral aftertaste just like the other rock oolongs I’ve had. I taste a little bit of the honey but the peach is very faint. It has an interesting grittiness that the other wuyi oolongs didn’t have, almost sandy. The roasted flavor is great and comes through strongly without being overpowering.

Fujiam Rain is one of the best Shui Xian Wuyi oolongs that I have had the pleasure of drinking. If one is poetic in their tasting notes fujian rain would be the perfect description of how it tastes assuming that rain would have a light and sweet taste to it. Just be careful about getting this tea too strong as it quickly goes downhill but brewed right it is a very nice light and sweet wuyi oolong with amazing reinfusability. When gaiwan brewed I have literally brewed easily 10 cups or more from a single set of leaves.

Very good tea.

Bob

Thanks Pat!

I got this as a sampler from Adagio’s website, in a quest to try out different types of tea and expand my palate. I probably used a bit more water than I should have with this tea, probably making it a bit lighter than it could.

The flavor is very nice, matching the woody smell that comes from the cup. The flavors are a bit light, but they are very nicely balance. The flavor is toasty and slightly like rice, which is more pronounced in the after taste.

I definitely wish to try another cup of this tea.

Flavors: Earth, Rice, Toasted

This is a good everyday oolong for me. It is definitely fruity combined with a mineraly taste, and it holds up well to multiple steepings. Oolong is my favorite tea to have unflavored, and I am glad to have found this one for my day to day oolong fix!

Brad – fairly heavily roasted. I liked it.
Sarah – didn’t really like.