Pi Lo Chun

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “~Backlogging~ _Experience buying from Adagio_ http://steepster.com/places/2897-adagio-teas-online-naperville-illinois _Date of Purchase/Amount of Leaf/Age of Leaf/Date of Steeping_: in December,...” Read full tasting note
    teashine 171 tasting notes
  • “I didn't know what to expect with this tea as I'd never tried anything like this before. It was very smooth and light. It wasn't vegital until it cooled a bit. Must drink this one quickly before it...” Read full tasting note
    erinstea 50 tasting notes
  • “After enjoying some more exotic green teas from the Adagio green tea sampler I was pleasantly surprised and delighted by the taste of this Pi Lo Chun. With a wonderfully smooth and mild body this...” Read full tasting note
    eric_walter 47 tasting notes
  • “Dry tea is a fine, light tumble of thin curls with white tips - a promising sight. Use more than a teaspoon per cup. A pleasant green sweetness rises from the liquor as an aroma, and the taste...” Read full tasting note
    aeondax 211 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from the Fujian province of China. Pi Lo Chun (sometimes written biluochun) translates as ‘green snail spring’ a reference to this tea’s distinctive spiral-shaped leaves. It is produced in the short span of time between the Spring Equinox (end of March) and Clear Brightness (early April). Our ‘Choral Pi Lo Chun’ tea is made from the finest tender buds, gathered and processed exclusively by hand.

About Adagio Teas View company

Last bit of a sampler I had from years ago. Not really sure I actually had a whole teaspoon, I just dumped what was left in the sampler bag into the brewer, and it’s brewed up very light and has almost no scent. Also didn’t let it sit as long since I wanted my breakfast.

Taste is extremely light, hardly any flavor, which could be the age or the lack of tea, I’m not sure. I remembered liking it when I had it before, though this particular cup is nothing special. Literally I can’t find anything of note to say about it, it hardly tastes like tea. I might get a new sampler to try again fresh later.

well, i tried. i mean, it’s not like it’s YUCKY or anything like that, it’s just, there. green. so….boring. it tastes light and ok, and as it cools (but before it gets too cool) it ALMOST swerves into “good but not great” territory. as it misses that target, it gives up and slumps down into a wet green pile of “meh.”

This green tea is surprisingly sweet.

Should taste this one more…. it’s okay. Nothing particularly special about it. A simple, grassy green tea. Could force it to be a bit smoother with a bit of sugar. Decent, affordable tea. Not sure if I want this one to be my everyday green tea, though.

Didn’t like this at all. Yuck.

Can get bitter so don’t oversteep. 2.5 minutes is enough.

I don’t love the smell, too earthy for my tastes generally but when steeped right I quite enjoyed it. Don’t forget it and over steep, it became bitter quickly.

Very nice smooth grassy taste, full taste, very good… or I’m just in the mood for green tea, not sure which one yet. right now this is a green tea I would buy again as a regular drinker

When this was steeping in my ingenuiTEA it was nice to see that those little spiral shaped leaves unraveling and opening up. Upon pouring into my glass, it’s a fairly light colored tea. The aroma is very light, as in it’s kind of hard to tell because it’s so faint. There is definitely a slight grassy overtone, but I’m sure there’s more to it than that, I just can’t quiet tell yet. At first it appears to have a slightly sweet taste to it, and as it goes down and you finish your sip it’s a bit earthy. Overall it’s a very light tea with a nice flavor! I recommend this if you’re just getting into green teas, say from black teas or iced teas. It’s easy to drink and I don’t taste any bitterness at all, it’s actually pretty smooth. I found that this can be brewed multiple times (2-3 times, I never go farther than 4-5). I do recommend putting just a bit more than recommended into the cup or it might be too light. I actually brew mine now with 2 teaspoons per cup.

Used a little less than a teaspoon of leaves; end result was a nice mild cup.