Tiger Eye

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Adagio Teas

The gemstone Tiger Eye is described as being chatoyant – having a shimmery light reflecting quality with “undulating, contrasting bands of color and luster.” Our tiger eye blend will do the same for your palate with rich notes of chocolate and caramel. Enjoy it in lieu of or with your favorite indulgence.

Steep at 212° for 3 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

This tea smells like it is trying to be fudge. Doesn’t really taste like it though. I think other companies have spoiled me for chocolate teas. It is better with almond milk and rock sugar.

I had this tea the other day just delayed writing my note because I was so disappointed by this tea. Anyone who knows me knows I have a major sweet tooth and love chocolate. This tea has chocolate and caramel two sweets I love that I have quit eating with my new diet. I was so excited when I found a tea that described one of my favorite desserts. Well it did not disappoint me in the fact that it tasted like I was drinking chocolate, but I have decided that chocolate is not a good drink. I want it to melt in my mouth not be tea. I will give this tea one more try, but I don’t think my opinion of it will change.

This has been my mother’s favorite tea for a long time, so after looking through her cupboard today, I decided to finally give it a shot.

In the bag, it smells delicious. The caramel/chocolate-y aroma wafts up and reminds me of Girl Scout cookies or freshly baked chocolate cake. I was really impressed and excited to try it, so I steeped it for 3 minutes at just under boiling temp.

In the cup, the sweet deliciousness from the aroma somewhat disappears. The black tea base comes out pretty strongly, making the cup almost bitter, and adding milk only seemed to water it down rather than cut the bitterness (disappointing). I haven’t tried it with honey or sugar yet, but I hope a half teaspoon of rock sugar or brown sugar would help bring out the caramel and chocolate without ruining the nuances of the tea base itself (which I like tasting…but not in a “in your face!” sort of way).

The chocolate I can taste pretty easily. It’s the first thing that sweeps across my palate when I take a sip. However, the caramel needs a little more coaxing because I can hardly taste it right now. I think sugar would help that.

Overall, this is a tea that tries really hard to be lovely, and I think it has great potential to be a nice dessert tea without the added calories. However, it’s not quite there for me, personally.

I was afraid from the smell that it would be too overpowering, but it was just right, and the base black tea was really smooth going down, too. It’s a really great dessert tea.

This is the tea I drink when I’m craving a frilly coffee drink but don’t want the calories. It’s dark and rich, but doesn’t really taste good without sweetener. A bit of stevia made it lovely, and a splash of milk or cream probably wouldn’t go amiss.