Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Amy Berkebile

From Adagio Teas

Hailing from the Fuding area of Fujian province, this tea has a distinctive sweet, plum-like aroma. The leaves are thin, wiry and curled, reminiscent of Chun Mee, “Precious Eyebrow” tea, but much longer and much more fragrant. Once steeped, they deliver a mild, smooth plumminess to the cup. An approachable, easy tea that is ideal as a daily treat.

About Adagio Teas View company

Yay, I found a good use for this tea!

On its own, its just too vegetal for me, and I’ve barely touched it since I bought it. It has STRONG artichoke, spinach, and marine flavors. But being a pretty strong green, I decided to make some chai with it, and it turned out quite nice! I used my normal chai ingredients minus the fenugreek and coriander, plus some lime juice, fresh basil, and some dried red chili.

I think this will be my official green for messing around with mixing possibilities, as it stands up fine to other flavors.

Bitter sweet moment for me. The sample was heavenly, a mixture of honey sweet notes and plum. The second time around it was bland and tasteless. I gave it a third try in case the second was a fluke… prepackaging the tea kills it adagio.

This tea reminds me of Chun Mee but without the “dusty” aftertaste, its not wonderful but it has a nice honey/plum aftertaste and its nowhere near as bitter as Chun Mee.

I’m saving the below since my first note stated 1min, and that probably had a lot to do with it. I actually do like this. Definitely vegetal as I mentioned, a bit grassy, but not bitter or death-like when brewed with a lower temp and shorter amount of time. Very touchy, though.
—-earlier note below (was 190F instead of 175F, 1min instead of 30sec; temps are estimates anyway)
First steeping: Smelled a bit like death and flowers to me in the bag but once brewed it was definitely floral. Taste: Slightly bitter. Very vegetal, a bit grassy. Smoother with a fuller feel. Bitter finish, moderately astringent. My water was likely still too hot, if that helps. This is definitely a green in the green sense. My rating reflects the fact I’m not a fan of most greens.