Citron Green

Fruit Green Blend
Lemon, Citrus, Green, Drying, Lime, Smooth, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of lemon and lime. A happy marriage of great taste and proven health benefits. Just the right touch of citrus flavors to liven up the cup. Makes a light and refreshing drink that’s popular both hot and iced. If you are new to green tea, this lightly flavored tea may be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

I am slowly becoming a green tea fan. Not quite there yet.

This tea is great. However the flavor is heavily dependent on the amount of citrus bits you get in your infuser/cup. Those little citrus crumbs tend to settle towards the bottom and so every time you go back to this tea it packs a large punch.

That punch is good. It is a very lemongrass-esque with the pull down tones of a light green.

I would highly recommend this tea for non-green lovers like myself. Just make sure you shake well before opening.

The most amazing thing about this tea is by far its smell, probably the best smelling tea I have tried. Its taste follows up and doesn’t disappoint like last week’s Blood Orange. The delicate blend of the sweet citrus and the mellow green tea makes this taste just wonderful. It finishes off with just a hint of a smoky finish, leaving you with a very pleasant aftertaste, something a lot of teas lack. It also holds up well to multiple brewing, making it a great choice for mornings at the office. Overall, it’s my second favorite tea of all time. There’s just not too much more to say, except I think I’ll go make another cup.

See this and all my reviews at http://www.teageek.org

Despite the initial smell, It was a pleasant tea. Sweet and fragrant once brewed and tasted pretty good.

I don’t quite get the “froot loops” smell that others have mentioned—Earl Grey Bravo smells more like that to me. Regardless, this does have a very strong lemon-lime scent. As usual, I expected the tea to be overwhelmed by the flavor, but I found the citrus to balance quite nicely. A tasty tea that makes me feel summery.

I even resteeped for five minutes and it made a good, while noticeably weaker, cup.

This is my usual day-to-day green tea. It has enough subtle flavor to stay interesting while not being too flavorful.

Very light and tasty

This tea used to smell and taste very strongly of Fruit Loops, as others have mentioned. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’ve had it for almost a year now, but this cup definitely doesn’t have that.

While I found that flavor a bit too strong previously, the cup seems to have hardly any flavor at all now. This one seems hard to get right, no matter the conditions.

Steeped 4 minutes at 180°F. Prepared in Adagio IngenuiTEA teapot.

Coldbrewed this overnight and had a glass this evening.

My little baggie of this had a lot of broken leaf, which is only to be expected since it’s been inside a TTB for a while. That led to the coldbrew tasting strongly of sencha and not quite so strongly of lemon. I added some lemongrass to the brew as well, but I don’t think it made things much more lemony.

I added some agave nectar to the remainder in the pitcher. We’ll see how that changes things.

Still really enjoy this one as an after breakfast tea. Feels nice and refreshing. It also tends to sit better for my stomach that some other teas early in the day. Overall I’d definitely buy this tea again. Not sure I’d enjoy it as much later in the day. The citrus just begs to be enjoyed in the morning.

Flavors: Citrus, Green, Lemon

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have both the loose tea and the bags specifically made for iced tea. I’ve only made the iced tea one, but I LOVE THIS! It isn’t a complex flavor, but it’s what I want out of a tea like this. I can taste the tea, the lemon, and the lime. I added just a hint of sugar (I think it was 2 teaspoons for a bit over a quart), and that was delicious. I haven’t tried it hot yet, but I’m guessing this is one that is pretty much ideal for iced rather than hot. It’s smooth and not at all sour, which is perfect for iced tea for me.

Flavors: Drying, Lemon, Lime, Smooth