Citron Green

Fruit Green Blend
Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I upped my rating on this one, after trying the bagged variety and letting it steep for the length of the cup. (I also sampled this after the H bomb of David's Tea's Paradise Found, and nothing...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Pretty sure this one came from *Azzrian*... thanks so much for the sample!! And wow it was not what I expected. Very tart for a green tea but not in a hibby way, definitely a lemon sort of tart,...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1300 tasting notes
  • “Thought I finished my sample of this awhile ago, but I found a bag in my desk. This seriously does smell like Froot Loops, and if you don't know the smell of Froot Loops well enough to identify it...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Such a long exhausting day. This whole week has been a blur. Seriously. You know, the days when you look at the clock and realize it's 11:30 at night. Where did the day go?! I'm.. ready for spring...” Read full tasting note
    mattscinto 52 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of lemon and lime. A happy marriage of great taste and proven health benefits. Just the right touch of citrus flavors to liven up the cup. Makes a light and refreshing drink that’s popular both hot and iced. If you are new to green tea, this lightly flavored tea may be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

I am slowly becoming a green tea fan. Not quite there yet.

This tea is great. However the flavor is heavily dependent on the amount of citrus bits you get in your infuser/cup. Those little citrus crumbs tend to settle towards the bottom and so every time you go back to this tea it packs a large punch.

That punch is good. It is a very lemongrass-esque with the pull down tones of a light green.

I would highly recommend this tea for non-green lovers like myself. Just make sure you shake well before opening.

The most amazing thing about this tea is by far its smell, probably the best smelling tea I have tried. Its taste follows up and doesn’t disappoint like last week’s Blood Orange. The delicate blend of the sweet citrus and the mellow green tea makes this taste just wonderful. It finishes off with just a hint of a smoky finish, leaving you with a very pleasant aftertaste, something a lot of teas lack. It also holds up well to multiple brewing, making it a great choice for mornings at the office. Overall, it’s my second favorite tea of all time. There’s just not too much more to say, except I think I’ll go make another cup.

See this and all my reviews at http://www.teageek.org

Despite the initial smell, It was a pleasant tea. Sweet and fragrant once brewed and tasted pretty good.

I don’t quite get the “froot loops” smell that others have mentioned—Earl Grey Bravo smells more like that to me. Regardless, this does have a very strong lemon-lime scent. As usual, I expected the tea to be overwhelmed by the flavor, but I found the citrus to balance quite nicely. A tasty tea that makes me feel summery.

I even resteeped for five minutes and it made a good, while noticeably weaker, cup.

This is my usual day-to-day green tea. It has enough subtle flavor to stay interesting while not being too flavorful.

Very light and tasty

This tea used to smell and taste very strongly of Fruit Loops, as others have mentioned. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’ve had it for almost a year now, but this cup definitely doesn’t have that.

While I found that flavor a bit too strong previously, the cup seems to have hardly any flavor at all now. This one seems hard to get right, no matter the conditions.

Steeped 4 minutes at 180°F. Prepared in Adagio IngenuiTEA teapot.

Easily my favorite green tea to date. The citrus flavors are strong but don’t overpower the flavor of the green tea, and there’s absolutely no need for any kind of sweetener.

I have a question for you, my dear readers! As you all probably know I am obsessed with tea, crafts, and gaming…this blog is pretty much devoted to tea and has a nice smattering of gaming too, however it really lacks in the craft department. I was thinking it would be fun to link to a fun craft project that I have found at the end of each tea review. Would that be something you all are interested in?

Today has not been the best of days for me, so I needed something to boost my spirits! Citron Green Tea by Adagio tea is just the thing to do it. Bright Chinese Green tea blended orange peel, marigold petals, and orange and lemon flavoring, makes for a sunshine brightness in a cup. The aroma is primarily a blend of sweet oranges and sour lemon with a nice artichoke finish. The aroma of citrus always puts me in a good mood, it is like sunshine on a cold day, I smell it and I cannot help but smile.

Steeping the tea turns my Tea Lair into a Floridian dream, citrus notes waft from the steeped leaves along with a strong vegetal presence. The wet leaves are primarily lemony. The liquid, however, is a perfect balance of orange and lemon with a nice gentle finish of vegetation. It smells like a citrus tree, leaves included.

The taste is both light and bright, it quenches the thirst and brings a feeling of happiness. A great blend of lemons and oranges, one citrus does not overpower the other, with a gentle vegetal blend of artichoke and fresh leaves. Drinking this tea is like drinking sunlight, it reminds me of summer warmth and thick vegetation. Turning this tea into a chilled tea makes for a very refreshing and bright drink for a hot day.

For photos and blog: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/adagio-teas-citron-green-tea-tea-review.html

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

This tea smells great in the pack and tastes just a little sweet and fruity. I didn’t have to add anything to the tea at all and it still smelled and tasted delicious.