Citron Green

Fruit Green Blend
Citrus, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I upped my rating on this one, after trying the bagged variety and letting it steep for the length of the cup. (I also sampled this after the H bomb of David's Tea's Paradise Found, and nothing...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Pretty sure this one came from *Azzrian*... thanks so much for the sample!! And wow it was not what I expected. Very tart for a green tea but not in a hibby way, definitely a lemon sort of tart,...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1314 tasting notes
  • “Thought I finished my sample of this awhile ago, but I found a bag in my desk. This seriously does smell like Froot Loops, and if you don't know the smell of Froot Loops well enough to identify it...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Such a long exhausting day. This whole week has been a blur. Seriously. You know, the days when you look at the clock and realize it's 11:30 at night. Where did the day go?! I'm.. ready for spring...” Read full tasting note
    mattscinto 52 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of lemon and lime. A happy marriage of great taste and proven health benefits. Just the right touch of citrus flavors to liven up the cup. Makes a light and refreshing drink that’s popular both hot and iced. If you are new to green tea, this lightly flavored tea may be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

I am slowly becoming a green tea fan. Not quite there yet.

This tea is great. However the flavor is heavily dependent on the amount of citrus bits you get in your infuser/cup. Those little citrus crumbs tend to settle towards the bottom and so every time you go back to this tea it packs a large punch.

That punch is good. It is a very lemongrass-esque with the pull down tones of a light green.

I would highly recommend this tea for non-green lovers like myself. Just make sure you shake well before opening.

The most amazing thing about this tea is by far its smell, probably the best smelling tea I have tried. Its taste follows up and doesn’t disappoint like last week’s Blood Orange. The delicate blend of the sweet citrus and the mellow green tea makes this taste just wonderful. It finishes off with just a hint of a smoky finish, leaving you with a very pleasant aftertaste, something a lot of teas lack. It also holds up well to multiple brewing, making it a great choice for mornings at the office. Overall, it’s my second favorite tea of all time. There’s just not too much more to say, except I think I’ll go make another cup.

See this and all my reviews at http://www.teageek.org

Despite the initial smell, It was a pleasant tea. Sweet and fragrant once brewed and tasted pretty good.

I don’t quite get the “froot loops” smell that others have mentioned—Earl Grey Bravo smells more like that to me. Regardless, this does have a very strong lemon-lime scent. As usual, I expected the tea to be overwhelmed by the flavor, but I found the citrus to balance quite nicely. A tasty tea that makes me feel summery.

I even resteeped for five minutes and it made a good, while noticeably weaker, cup.

This is my usual day-to-day green tea. It has enough subtle flavor to stay interesting while not being too flavorful.

Very light and tasty

This tea used to smell and taste very strongly of Fruit Loops, as others have mentioned. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’ve had it for almost a year now, but this cup definitely doesn’t have that.

While I found that flavor a bit too strong previously, the cup seems to have hardly any flavor at all now. This one seems hard to get right, no matter the conditions.

Steeped 4 minutes at 180°F. Prepared in Adagio IngenuiTEA teapot.

Well hmm… I’m taking a break from all my Gongfu tea purist snobbery to try some things given to me by friends. I am not known to enjoy many flavored teas. I used to buy them and I consider myself “sheeple” for having done so for many years without somehow ever knowing of the true beauty of pure-leaf simple teas. Funny thing is… when I was a huge Teavana and Celestial Seasonings fan I never found myself drinking all of the tea before I got tired of it or it expired, so I’d end up tossing quite a bit at the end of the season.

When I finally discovered that the world of tea leaves is as diverse as the world of wine, I never really turned back to flavored teas with small exceptions, usually involving floral varieties.

But enough about my snobbery. Let’s review some tea!

The scent of this tea was really inviting… very, very strong citrus aromas of mostly lemon. A friend brought it home after visiting Adagio during a Chicago vacation. I brewed this a little longer than I would in the Gongfu style… I’d say about 2 minutes this time. The flavor is lightly sweet and very citrusy. I don’t really taste the green tea that backs it very much, though there is definitely a woody undertone that balances out the sweetness. With the green teas I am used to drinking I usually experience really grassy or vegetal flavors that are hard to ignore. This one is mellow and woody or nutty. It really serves as the backdrop for the citrus notes, which I think are the centerpiece of this tea.

I probably don’t need to say that tea like this is not my thing. If I’m craving citrus I’ll be hand squeezing up a fresh lemonade. That said, I can give some tips about this tea that I think some others can relate to, despite my bias.

The main thing I want to highlight is that I do not really feel I can taste the tea leaves themselves much in this tea. For me, when this happens, despite it is often the case that the company was trying to create a blend that works well together, it usually comes across as “this is how we cover the taste of otherwise unsellable tea”. I’m not the judge of when that is or isn’t the actual case, but I’m just saying it usually comes off that way to me when the tea doesn’t obviously add to the blend rather than fading somewhere into the background where I can’t pick it out.

The brew tastes clean though, and it’s light… so unless you go wild with it, I think it produces a very non-offensive flavor. If you like flavored fruity teas, this just might be your thing. I could see this tasting a lot better as a sweetened iced tea, so if that’s your thing, this might be good for you too. I’m giving it a straight 50 on the Tea-o-meter, simply because I’m kind of indifferent about it personally.

Give it a try or don’t give it a try! It’s all up to you! I think this one is going to appeal to people with certain tastes though.

Flavors: Citrus, Lemon

Easily my favorite green tea to date. The citrus flavors are strong but don’t overpower the flavor of the green tea, and there’s absolutely no need for any kind of sweetener.

I have a question for you, my dear readers! As you all probably know I am obsessed with tea, crafts, and gaming…this blog is pretty much devoted to tea and has a nice smattering of gaming too, however it really lacks in the craft department. I was thinking it would be fun to link to a fun craft project that I have found at the end of each tea review. Would that be something you all are interested in?

Today has not been the best of days for me, so I needed something to boost my spirits! Citron Green Tea by Adagio tea is just the thing to do it. Bright Chinese Green tea blended orange peel, marigold petals, and orange and lemon flavoring, makes for a sunshine brightness in a cup. The aroma is primarily a blend of sweet oranges and sour lemon with a nice artichoke finish. The aroma of citrus always puts me in a good mood, it is like sunshine on a cold day, I smell it and I cannot help but smile.

Steeping the tea turns my Tea Lair into a Floridian dream, citrus notes waft from the steeped leaves along with a strong vegetal presence. The wet leaves are primarily lemony. The liquid, however, is a perfect balance of orange and lemon with a nice gentle finish of vegetation. It smells like a citrus tree, leaves included.

The taste is both light and bright, it quenches the thirst and brings a feeling of happiness. A great blend of lemons and oranges, one citrus does not overpower the other, with a gentle vegetal blend of artichoke and fresh leaves. Drinking this tea is like drinking sunlight, it reminds me of summer warmth and thick vegetation. Turning this tea into a chilled tea makes for a very refreshing and bright drink for a hot day.

For photos and blog: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/adagio-teas-citron-green-tea-tea-review.html

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest