Citron Green

Fruit Green Blend
Lemon, Citrus, Green, Drying, Lime, Smooth, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of lemon and lime. A happy marriage of great taste and proven health benefits. Just the right touch of citrus flavors to liven up the cup. Makes a light and refreshing drink that’s popular both hot and iced. If you are new to green tea, this lightly flavored tea may be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

I am slowly becoming a green tea fan. Not quite there yet.

This tea is great. However the flavor is heavily dependent on the amount of citrus bits you get in your infuser/cup. Those little citrus crumbs tend to settle towards the bottom and so every time you go back to this tea it packs a large punch.

That punch is good. It is a very lemongrass-esque with the pull down tones of a light green.

I would highly recommend this tea for non-green lovers like myself. Just make sure you shake well before opening.

The most amazing thing about this tea is by far its smell, probably the best smelling tea I have tried. Its taste follows up and doesn’t disappoint like last week’s Blood Orange. The delicate blend of the sweet citrus and the mellow green tea makes this taste just wonderful. It finishes off with just a hint of a smoky finish, leaving you with a very pleasant aftertaste, something a lot of teas lack. It also holds up well to multiple brewing, making it a great choice for mornings at the office. Overall, it’s my second favorite tea of all time. There’s just not too much more to say, except I think I’ll go make another cup.

See this and all my reviews at http://www.teageek.org

Despite the initial smell, It was a pleasant tea. Sweet and fragrant once brewed and tasted pretty good.

I don’t quite get the “froot loops” smell that others have mentioned—Earl Grey Bravo smells more like that to me. Regardless, this does have a very strong lemon-lime scent. As usual, I expected the tea to be overwhelmed by the flavor, but I found the citrus to balance quite nicely. A tasty tea that makes me feel summery.

I even resteeped for five minutes and it made a good, while noticeably weaker, cup.

This is my usual day-to-day green tea. It has enough subtle flavor to stay interesting while not being too flavorful.

Very light and tasty

This tea used to smell and taste very strongly of Fruit Loops, as others have mentioned. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’ve had it for almost a year now, but this cup definitely doesn’t have that.

While I found that flavor a bit too strong previously, the cup seems to have hardly any flavor at all now. This one seems hard to get right, no matter the conditions.

Steeped 4 minutes at 180°F. Prepared in Adagio IngenuiTEA teapot.

Still really enjoy this one as an after breakfast tea. Feels nice and refreshing. It also tends to sit better for my stomach that some other teas early in the day. Overall I’d definitely buy this tea again. Not sure I’d enjoy it as much later in the day. The citrus just begs to be enjoyed in the morning.

Flavors: Citrus, Green, Lemon

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have both the loose tea and the bags specifically made for iced tea. I’ve only made the iced tea one, but I LOVE THIS! It isn’t a complex flavor, but it’s what I want out of a tea like this. I can taste the tea, the lemon, and the lime. I added just a hint of sugar (I think it was 2 teaspoons for a bit over a quart), and that was delicious. I haven’t tried it hot yet, but I’m guessing this is one that is pretty much ideal for iced rather than hot. It’s smooth and not at all sour, which is perfect for iced tea for me.

Flavors: Drying, Lemon, Lime, Smooth

Well hmm… I’m taking a break from all my Gongfu tea purist snobbery to try some things given to me by friends. I am not known to enjoy many flavored teas. I used to buy them and I consider myself “sheeple” for having done so for many years without somehow ever knowing of the true beauty of pure-leaf simple teas. Funny thing is… when I was a huge Teavana and Celestial Seasonings fan I never found myself drinking all of the tea before I got tired of it or it expired, so I’d end up tossing quite a bit at the end of the season.

When I finally discovered that the world of tea leaves is as diverse as the world of wine, I never really turned back to flavored teas with small exceptions, usually involving floral varieties.

But enough about my snobbery. Let’s review some tea!

The scent of this tea was really inviting… very, very strong citrus aromas of mostly lemon. A friend brought it home after visiting Adagio during a Chicago vacation. I brewed this a little longer than I would in the Gongfu style… I’d say about 2 minutes this time. The flavor is lightly sweet and very citrusy. I don’t really taste the green tea that backs it very much, though there is definitely a woody undertone that balances out the sweetness. With the green teas I am used to drinking I usually experience really grassy or vegetal flavors that are hard to ignore. This one is mellow and woody or nutty. It really serves as the backdrop for the citrus notes, which I think are the centerpiece of this tea.

I probably don’t need to say that tea like this is not my thing. If I’m craving citrus I’ll be hand squeezing up a fresh lemonade. That said, I can give some tips about this tea that I think some others can relate to, despite my bias.

The main thing I want to highlight is that I do not really feel I can taste the tea leaves themselves much in this tea. For me, when this happens, despite it is often the case that the company was trying to create a blend that works well together, it usually comes across as “this is how we cover the taste of otherwise unsellable tea”. I’m not the judge of when that is or isn’t the actual case, but I’m just saying it usually comes off that way to me when the tea doesn’t obviously add to the blend rather than fading somewhere into the background where I can’t pick it out.

The brew tastes clean though, and it’s light… so unless you go wild with it, I think it produces a very non-offensive flavor. If you like flavored fruity teas, this just might be your thing. I could see this tasting a lot better as a sweetened iced tea, so if that’s your thing, this might be good for you too. I’m giving it a straight 50 on the Tea-o-meter, simply because I’m kind of indifferent about it personally.

Give it a try or don’t give it a try! It’s all up to you! I think this one is going to appeal to people with certain tastes though.

Flavors: Citrus, Lemon