Citron Green

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I upped my rating on this one, after trying the bagged variety and letting it steep for the length of the cup. (I also sampled this after the H bomb of David's Tea's Paradise Found, and nothing...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Pretty sure this one came from *Azzrian*... thanks so much for the sample!! And wow it was not what I expected. Very tart for a green tea but not in a hibby way, definitely a lemon sort of tart,...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes
  • “Thought I finished my sample of this awhile ago, but I found a bag in my desk. This seriously does smell like Froot Loops, and if you don't know the smell of Froot Loops well enough to identify it...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “Such a long exhausting day. This whole week has been a blur. Seriously. You know, the days when you look at the clock and realize it's 11:30 at night. Where did the day go?! I'm.. ready for spring...” Read full tasting note
    mattscinto 52 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of lemon and lime. A happy marriage of great taste and proven health benefits. Just the right touch of citrus flavors to liven up the cup. Makes a light and refreshing drink that’s popular both hot and iced. If you are new to green tea, this lightly flavored tea may be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

How does this tea compare to Teavana’s Citron Green? I’m using Teavana’s green for a blend, but Adagio’s is sooo much cheaper.

Very nice but i prefer the Mandarin Green instead. Watch the steep time carefully; over steeping this tea will turn the subtle flavor into a disgusting brew

Nasty. I threw out a bag of this.

Pretty good, nice citrus taste

Dry Leaf Nose: Slightly grassy with a bright citrus note.

Liquor:Light green with orange tint

Flavour: At first the citrus is super bright. As the sipping continues, the citrus mellows out and becomes enjoyable. The tea is very smooth and not overly grassy like some green teas. I don’t usually like citron heavy teas but this one is a keeper.

Smells like lemon or lime lollipops to me (no alliteration intended, haha). Initially tasted the same, but now after a couple minutes I am starting to detect the tea in there too. I wasn’t sure on the first couple sips, but after finishing the cup, I like it.

My favorite green tea so far. I love the lemon/lime notes which are strong on the nose and noticeable in the taste. The taste is mildly earthy, but not bitter or grassy.

I wanted to try a differnt brand tea and opted for Adagio based upon some of the feedback on this site. So far so good! I purchased the green tea sampler. So far, I have only tried this flavor.

Alone, it’s a bit too “green” for me. I wish I liked straight green, but so far in the loose leaf tea everything I’ve tried has been too grassy for me (both Chinese and Japanese varities ;-/) Sooooo…. I also ordered the Mate sampler and opted to blend this with the spice blend. I was happy with the combo. Not my all time favorite, but tasty.

I find that the taste of the tea itself is overpowered by the lemon and lime to an unpleasant degree. Add a little sweetener, and this would taste exactly like Froot Loops.

I’m not a big fan of green teas, but this doesn’t have the harsh tastes I find in green teas. I really love the taste of this and it’s a good tea to drink in the morning.