Citron Green

Fruit Green Blend
Lemon, Citrus, Green, Drying, Lime, Smooth, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of lemon and lime. A happy marriage of great taste and proven health benefits. Just the right touch of citrus flavors to liven up the cup. Makes a light and refreshing drink that’s popular both hot and iced. If you are new to green tea, this lightly flavored tea may be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

I have both the loose tea and the bags specifically made for iced tea. I’ve only made the iced tea one, but I LOVE THIS! It isn’t a complex flavor, but it’s what I want out of a tea like this. I can taste the tea, the lemon, and the lime. I added just a hint of sugar (I think it was 2 teaspoons for a bit over a quart), and that was delicious. I haven’t tried it hot yet, but I’m guessing this is one that is pretty much ideal for iced rather than hot. It’s smooth and not at all sour, which is perfect for iced tea for me.

Flavors: Drying, Lemon, Lime, Smooth

Well hmm… I’m taking a break from all my Gongfu tea purist snobbery to try some things given to me by friends. I am not known to enjoy many flavored teas. I used to buy them and I consider myself “sheeple” for having done so for many years without somehow ever knowing of the true beauty of pure-leaf simple teas. Funny thing is… when I was a huge Teavana and Celestial Seasonings fan I never found myself drinking all of the tea before I got tired of it or it expired, so I’d end up tossing quite a bit at the end of the season.

When I finally discovered that the world of tea leaves is as diverse as the world of wine, I never really turned back to flavored teas with small exceptions, usually involving floral varieties.

But enough about my snobbery. Let’s review some tea!

The scent of this tea was really inviting… very, very strong citrus aromas of mostly lemon. A friend brought it home after visiting Adagio during a Chicago vacation. I brewed this a little longer than I would in the Gongfu style… I’d say about 2 minutes this time. The flavor is lightly sweet and very citrusy. I don’t really taste the green tea that backs it very much, though there is definitely a woody undertone that balances out the sweetness. With the green teas I am used to drinking I usually experience really grassy or vegetal flavors that are hard to ignore. This one is mellow and woody or nutty. It really serves as the backdrop for the citrus notes, which I think are the centerpiece of this tea.

I probably don’t need to say that tea like this is not my thing. If I’m craving citrus I’ll be hand squeezing up a fresh lemonade. That said, I can give some tips about this tea that I think some others can relate to, despite my bias.

The main thing I want to highlight is that I do not really feel I can taste the tea leaves themselves much in this tea. For me, when this happens, despite it is often the case that the company was trying to create a blend that works well together, it usually comes across as “this is how we cover the taste of otherwise unsellable tea”. I’m not the judge of when that is or isn’t the actual case, but I’m just saying it usually comes off that way to me when the tea doesn’t obviously add to the blend rather than fading somewhere into the background where I can’t pick it out.

The brew tastes clean though, and it’s light… so unless you go wild with it, I think it produces a very non-offensive flavor. If you like flavored fruity teas, this just might be your thing. I could see this tasting a lot better as a sweetened iced tea, so if that’s your thing, this might be good for you too. I’m giving it a straight 50 on the Tea-o-meter, simply because I’m kind of indifferent about it personally.

Give it a try or don’t give it a try! It’s all up to you! I think this one is going to appeal to people with certain tastes though.

Flavors: Citrus, Lemon

Easily my favorite green tea to date. The citrus flavors are strong but don’t overpower the flavor of the green tea, and there’s absolutely no need for any kind of sweetener.

I have a question for you, my dear readers! As you all probably know I am obsessed with tea, crafts, and gaming…this blog is pretty much devoted to tea and has a nice smattering of gaming too, however it really lacks in the craft department. I was thinking it would be fun to link to a fun craft project that I have found at the end of each tea review. Would that be something you all are interested in?

Today has not been the best of days for me, so I needed something to boost my spirits! Citron Green Tea by Adagio tea is just the thing to do it. Bright Chinese Green tea blended orange peel, marigold petals, and orange and lemon flavoring, makes for a sunshine brightness in a cup. The aroma is primarily a blend of sweet oranges and sour lemon with a nice artichoke finish. The aroma of citrus always puts me in a good mood, it is like sunshine on a cold day, I smell it and I cannot help but smile.

Steeping the tea turns my Tea Lair into a Floridian dream, citrus notes waft from the steeped leaves along with a strong vegetal presence. The wet leaves are primarily lemony. The liquid, however, is a perfect balance of orange and lemon with a nice gentle finish of vegetation. It smells like a citrus tree, leaves included.

The taste is both light and bright, it quenches the thirst and brings a feeling of happiness. A great blend of lemons and oranges, one citrus does not overpower the other, with a gentle vegetal blend of artichoke and fresh leaves. Drinking this tea is like drinking sunlight, it reminds me of summer warmth and thick vegetation. Turning this tea into a chilled tea makes for a very refreshing and bright drink for a hot day.

For photos and blog:

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

This tea smells great in the pack and tastes just a little sweet and fruity. I didn’t have to add anything to the tea at all and it still smelled and tasted delicious.

Very simple and refreshing. I like this for when I am sick and like a bit of citrus in my tea anyway, but it is not super special.

It’s super light, both color/flavor. I see some reviews that match up with this & others that don’t at all (Froot Loops, what?). anyway this wasn’t bad, just much lighter than I was hoping for

How does this tea compare to Teavana’s Citron Green? I’m using Teavana’s green for a blend, but Adagio’s is sooo much cheaper.

Very nice but i prefer the Mandarin Green instead. Watch the steep time carefully; over steeping this tea will turn the subtle flavor into a disgusting brew

Nasty. I threw out a bag of this.