Citron Green

Fruit Green Blend
Lemon, Citrus, Green, Drying, Lime, Smooth, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Green tea from China with the delicate flavors of lemon and lime. A happy marriage of great taste and proven health benefits. Just the right touch of citrus flavors to liven up the cup. Makes a light and refreshing drink that’s popular both hot and iced. If you are new to green tea, this lightly flavored tea may be a good place to start.

About Adagio Teas View company

Easily my favorite green tea to date. The citrus flavors are strong but don’t overpower the flavor of the green tea, and there’s absolutely no need for any kind of sweetener.

I have a question for you, my dear readers! As you all probably know I am obsessed with tea, crafts, and gaming…this blog is pretty much devoted to tea and has a nice smattering of gaming too, however it really lacks in the craft department. I was thinking it would be fun to link to a fun craft project that I have found at the end of each tea review. Would that be something you all are interested in?

Today has not been the best of days for me, so I needed something to boost my spirits! Citron Green Tea by Adagio tea is just the thing to do it. Bright Chinese Green tea blended orange peel, marigold petals, and orange and lemon flavoring, makes for a sunshine brightness in a cup. The aroma is primarily a blend of sweet oranges and sour lemon with a nice artichoke finish. The aroma of citrus always puts me in a good mood, it is like sunshine on a cold day, I smell it and I cannot help but smile.

Steeping the tea turns my Tea Lair into a Floridian dream, citrus notes waft from the steeped leaves along with a strong vegetal presence. The wet leaves are primarily lemony. The liquid, however, is a perfect balance of orange and lemon with a nice gentle finish of vegetation. It smells like a citrus tree, leaves included.

The taste is both light and bright, it quenches the thirst and brings a feeling of happiness. A great blend of lemons and oranges, one citrus does not overpower the other, with a gentle vegetal blend of artichoke and fresh leaves. Drinking this tea is like drinking sunlight, it reminds me of summer warmth and thick vegetation. Turning this tea into a chilled tea makes for a very refreshing and bright drink for a hot day.

For photos and blog: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/adagio-teas-citron-green-tea-tea-review.html

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

This tea smells great in the pack and tastes just a little sweet and fruity. I didn’t have to add anything to the tea at all and it still smelled and tasted delicious.

Very simple and refreshing. I like this for when I am sick and like a bit of citrus in my tea anyway, but it is not super special.

It’s super light, both color/flavor. I see some reviews that match up with this & others that don’t at all (Froot Loops, what?). anyway this wasn’t bad, just much lighter than I was hoping for

How does this tea compare to Teavana’s Citron Green? I’m using Teavana’s green for a blend, but Adagio’s is sooo much cheaper.

Very nice but i prefer the Mandarin Green instead. Watch the steep time carefully; over steeping this tea will turn the subtle flavor into a disgusting brew

Nasty. I threw out a bag of this.

Pretty good, nice citrus taste

Dry Leaf Nose: Slightly grassy with a bright citrus note.

Liquor:Light green with orange tint

Flavour: At first the citrus is super bright. As the sipping continues, the citrus mellows out and becomes enjoyable. The tea is very smooth and not overly grassy like some green teas. I don’t usually like citron heavy teas but this one is a keeper.