Cocomint Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

• “For some reason, I legitimately thought this was coconut and mint. Apparently I did not read any descriptions whatsoever, just thought that it would be good. I guess I assumed it would be "choco"...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “I'm home alone a lot and silence creeps me out so I have the tv on just for noise. There isn't much on in the afternoon so I normally have Full House reruns on. Today the "yummy in the tummy"...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Thank you... to whoever sent this to me! Was it* SimplyJen? or NinaVampi?* Hmmmm. I had them in nice n neat piles but they got mixed up when we cleaned out the cupboards a few months ago. oops...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1314 tasting notes
  • “4th tea from "Another Traveling Tea Box?!?!" and my second Adagio tea ever. So far Adagio is not impressing me. The base is actually ok, it comes across as just below the quality of the Teavivre...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Like wine and cheese, burgers and fries, chocolate and mint is a famous partnership in the world of food. We bring that popular flavor combination here, blended with green tea leaves to create a delicious, lip-smacking treat. Fresh and cool, with a smooth, sweet minty flavor and whisps of chocolate. Just like a stick of zesty peppermint bark chocolate. Bon appetit!

blended with green tea, cocoa nibs, natural chocolate mint flavor and peppermint leaves

180°F / 82°C @ 2-3 min

About Adagio Teas View company

I’m bumping up my rating for this one. Now that I have more control over my water temps (thank you variable temp kettle!) I find I like this a lot more. The first few times I tried this it was, off, somehow. Since I got my kettle it’s been a perfectly delightful brew every time. Very consistent lovely mint chocolate flavor. I will have to compare it with some of my other minty teas to see what kind of taste I prefer, and which ones stack up for re-ordering.

Cocomint Green used to be one of my favorite flavored green teas from Adagio, back when their teas came in the nice (free) canisters. The chocolatey, minty goodness had me from first sniff. But, like many love affairs, it came to a screeching halt.

A few years ago, a new batch prompted awful, fuzzy headaches immediately upon first sip; Cocomint and I had to part ways. After a long hiatus, I decided to give this tea another go, thinking that I was picking on the poor guy. Sadly, something in this tea just doesn’t like me anymore; it is the only tea that gives me any sort of reaction.

If you have ever had junior mints (candy) that is exactly the nose and taste of this tea. So if you enjoy junior mints you will probably like this tea.

Update: I am sending some of this out to Meghann and when I opened the little tin it smelled heavenly so I decided hey while I am packing this up for her I’ll go ahead and enjoy a cup myself. Anyway on to the tasting note I still get the mint but today I did not pick up on the coco part as much it’s is a very smooth mint flavor, soft and I want to say that the mint did not out do the green tea which it is blended with but unfortunately I don’t recall actually tasting the tea itself. I definently enjoy it but can’t wait to compare to some other mint green tea mixes to see where this one will fall.

This works better than it has any right to. I’m already a big fan of green tea with mint, and the use of mint flavoring instead of a mixture of mint leaves gives this a bright, clean mint flavor, grounded in the cocoa-y aftertaste.

Good stuff. Like drinking a peppermint patty.

This morning’s tea. I am just not a fan of the flavors. I don’t like the mint and it isn’t chocolaty enough for me to balance out the mint flavor. Tastes (to me) like a fake version of an Andes mint – but I don’t like Andes mints

Cofftea

Aug3zimm, if you don’t like ande’s mints, why did you try this?

This sounded too good to pass up!! Like someone wrote on here, they thought it was a coconut and mint tea. I did the exact same thing! So this one is a bit of a weird surprise for me.

It seems to smell just the way it should: a green tea with chocolate and peppermint.

I’m not 100% sure what temp my tea was steeped as, but I let the water sit for quite a while before steeping it. And I only did 2mins as I always like to air on the side of caution with my green teas as oppose to over steeping, so two mins seemed right to me.

The base is okay. Very veggie like. I’m definitely get that coming through. My first sip was by far the best and it was when it was it’s hottest. It came across as peppermint and chocolate all in one. Now I’m mostly getting veggie. It does have a bit of a refreshing quality to it from the mint but it’s getting hidden…

Anyways, it’s not terrible, but I don’t think I’d get this again. The base is a bit too strong for me and the other flavours are starting to get lost a bit.

Edit I think I’m going to give this one away. I don’t care for it at all. My mom or aunt might like it. It’s just TOO much veggie from the base!!

This tea was definitely more minty than chocolate, which is fine but it would have been much better if it were more balanced.

This is one of my new favorites! I’ve always loved minty tea, and this one is just right. The green tea is subtle, as is the chocolate, but both complement the mint in a way that really helps it shine. I usually add stevia to my tea, but this is one I can drink unsweetened.

I’m not a big fan of green tea or mint, but this is quite good. The flavouring isn’t too strong – I was worried the mint would overpower everything else, but it doesn’t. It’s good, but I’m not sure I’d buy more since I really do prefer black tea.