Mango Green

Fruit Green Blend
Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Oolonga

From Adagio Teas

An ancient Hindu legend recounts the story of the mango tree growing from the ashes of the sun princess who had been incinerated by an evil sorceress. When the mango ripened and fell to the ground, the beautiful sun princess emerged. Our new Mango Green Tea combines the goodness of green tea with the flavor of perfectly ripened mangoes. Sun princess sold separately.

$6/3 oz

About Adagio Teas View company

I would probably liked this tea better if I hadn’t tried TeaGschwendner’s Cranberry Mango green first. It is a nice tea, not too artificial though isn’t exactly mango tasting. It is lightly flavored, fruity, easy to drink and very thirst-quenching. TeaGschwendner’s on the other hand has real bits of mango and cranberry in it and thus produces much richer and more realistic flavor with tangy notes.

Dry tea smells delightful. Fruity, perky and promising. 170/1.5 min. Not so fruity scented now, nor in the taste. Perhaps this would make a better iced tea. I didn’t really dislike it hot, but it didn’t seem like a mango taste to me. It was more of a cane sugar taste without the overwhelming sweetness. More syrupy tasting. I wonder if it would diminish when cooled.

I was a little hesitant in ordering this tea based on ratings on Adagio so I went with a smaller tin…now I wish I ordered a bag! Currently replaced my other daily favorite of Citron Green. I usually go for a couple of cups of this in the morning. It’s fruity but not too fruity. Very lightly flavored.

Light, different, and just what I needed.

Just had two small pots of extra strong overbrewed black tea — so I’m switch over to something light and fruity.

From the Small Big TTB

WOW there is soo much tea stuffed in that little box. Because half the samples were wrapped in foil that actually forced me to actually go through the entire box to find things. I ended up sticking labels on the outside of the foils for easier access, but it’s actually a pretty smart idea, it forced me to look at what I was looking at instead of just wandering through the box randomly or skimming just the top of the box.

Mango green. Sadly it seems after a few months on Steepster I’ve developed this view of Adagio in my head that isn’t entirely complimentary. The least of the offenses I’ve heard them cited for was under-flavoring and entirely artificial tasting additives. Well this tea didn’t entirely dispel those ideas, but the result wasn’t as bad as I had feared either.

I was distracted and boiled water. I think I had intended to make a black tea but for some unknown reason went with this instead. Surprisingly the results didn’t taste burnt at all. So ~210*F for 1.5min, then into a happy little thermos. I told you I was distracted. Usually the thermos is pretty leak proof… but not so when the lid isn’t properly secured. Hot water all down my leg. Ouch. Surprisingly I didn’t lose that much tea, but I decided that hot water wasn’t my friend this morning. I had some cold tea from the fridge and came back to this later.

So it’s a mild green with milder mango flavoring. Honestly I could barely smell the mango, and I pretty much didn’t taste it at all. The tea was still hot, so it’s not like its composition changed all that much in the time I left it in the thermos. That being said, it’s so entirely average that I would be hard pressed to call offensive. It has no WOW factor, and lacks even enough interest to consider it as a good daily drinker (for me). I might offer it to a child or someone that doesn’t like strong teas.

albertocanfly

I just love the smell of this tea!^.^ The flavor is really pretty light..

I opened this bag while I was still at school… and oh my goodness, it smells amazing! It smells just like a ripe, juicy mango. Then I proceeded to pass the bag around to my two friends making them smell the tea (tea>than English papers:P). One friend took a whiff of it and then another…and another.. haha. He couldn’t get enough of it! He said that he wished this scent came in an air freshener because he loved it that much! :P

Needless to say I was so excited to brew this tea once I got home.
I only let this tea steep for three minutes and that whole time I was pacing around the kitchen in excitement… finally I open the lid and a light green tea, mango infusion hit me. mmmmm. * happy dance *

This tea has a much lighter flavor than the smell was suggesting and oddly, I really like it. First you get the tantalizing smell as you sip, followed by the light but smooth green tea, and finishing off with a lingering mango note. Oh, yes..

After all the uber fruity tisanes that I have been drinking lately, this was refreshing. It is fruity without being too overly fruity. Can’t wait to try this iced!

But mmmmm.. That smell of the tea.. I’m just tempted to leave the bag open to scent my whole room!^.^

Flavors: Mango

TheTeaFairy

I often wish tea scent came in body fragrances ;-)

I had this as a sampler packet, I must say that I can’t taste the mango, is very light not frutty as i expected. But i must say i was eating cheese with this as a snack sooo maybe that din’t help. Ill prepared the rest over ice, see if i enjoy it more =s

So. I spent the last few hours watching videos about tea tasting. Twining’s has a youtube channel where the host, a British guy with surprisingly straight teeth, explains how the tea in made and goes into different steeping traditions, etc. Anyways! I thought he was just sloppy with how he was slurping up the tea. He slurped the tea like he was on crack! Turns out that is the way it is supposed to be done. Slurping the tea so that it becomes more aerated and the flavors can be better appreciated over the tongue. I just brewed myself some of my mango green from my adagio green sampler packet, and I must say that I can taste the difference.
Yes, this tea is very light in flavor.. both for the green tea and the mango, but I can definitely taste the subtle fruitiness that lingers afterwards. Very refreshing, probably would be a nice summer drink over ice. It’s already hit over 100 degrees here in Las Vegas so I am going to have to take a break from the hots teas soon..