Pomegranate Green

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Pomegranate has historically been a symbol of fertility, marriage, abundance as well as righteousness. We promise none of these things upon consumption, but trust you will enjoy this blend of Green tea from China, sweetly tart Pomegranate flavor, and decorative raspberry pieces.

About Adagio Teas View company

A pleasant cup, if fairly bland. I taste more of the green tea than I do the pomegranate. It’s a decent green, though, and it’s good to sit here and sip while I NaNo.

180 °F / 82 °C

Another timolino of this.

So my tummy bug has finally gone. I went to my GP on Monday, and she confirmed my self-diagnosis. And miracle of all miracles, I got prescribed bed rest instead of drugs! The power of food, people (and suitable hydration in all forms of tea of course). It makes all the difference in immunity. So after lots of lying on the couch and getting very well acquainted with both the Upper East Side and the Winchesters (yep, my viewing preferences are as varied as my tea preferences), I’m back 4 days later.

This is just an incredible thing for me. One mild illness (non-genetic) all year. Yahoooo!

I have to admit I wasn’t drinking heaps of tea, I was chugging down lots of bone broth and probiotics though. Just the green teas I’ve been using as my green smoothie base.

Anywho, I’m back at work, and back tea drinking today, so I am having another timolino of this one as it was what was left in my bag from last week. Still fine, brews really easily too. A not fussy green. I only have another cup or so’s worth left of this, I might on-gift it to someone else.

Veronica

Glad you’re feeling better!

Backlogging from last night, but also from today because I didn’t finish it and now am drinking it cold, yes I have terrible habits, thanks:
I have to say I’ve gone kind of eh on this tea. I just wish the pomegranate flavor was stronger. Or maybe that’s just because I’ve run out of pomegranate seeds in my sample. On the other hand, I’ve read in other notes that the presence of stuff like actual berries in other teas is just there for aesthetic purposes rather than actually affecting the flavor. Is this also true in the case of pomegranate seeds? Dunno! If it IS true, then what I had last night is exactly the same as it’s always been and the whole “make sure there’s a seed in” thing was persykerlogickal.

Definitely prefer the spiced green, which would be why I ordered an entire container of it, I imagine.

This was a weird cup. Even though I’ve used pomegranate green in some of my signature blends on Adagio, this was completely bland. There’s no fruit flavor in the sip, although it was lightly scented. Even the green tea base was, eh. Glad I got this as a sample first. Ick!

I always like to get a sample of a green when I order from Adagio, and ordering one of their free Matcha Fruit Mix samples a while back was no exception. While I don’t drink greens often enough to justify buying a whole bag, its nice to have a small amount of it on hand.

Now, I absolutely love pomegranate, so obviously I would have wished for it to have a stronger pomegranate flavor. Most other reviewers described the flavor as ‘bland’, and I suppose that’s kind of true. It does leave much to be desired in terms of delicious fruity flavor. But lets look at what it is. Its a simple, sweet tasting green. It leaves a pleasant, grassy aftertaste, and doesn’t need to be sweetened. Would I order again? Probably not. I try not to order the same tea twice. (The exception of course, being White Peach.) But its nice to have on hand for now.

I liked this tea the first time I made it, but after a while it developed an extremely repulsive smell. Then the smell started to carry over to the taste and that’s when I actually threw out the tea after repeated instance of painful cups of tea. I really wanted to like this tea considering I love pomegranate, but it really fell on its face.

I really enjoyed this tea! It’s my favorite flavored green from Adagio so far. I’m huge fan of pomegranate, and the taste was nicely subtle. It’s not a very sweet tea, so I do recommend adding some honey if you like your tea sweeter. It was very light. I’m definitely in the mood for spring now!

First impression: This tea isn’t bad, but it’s not overly great either. A good tea for when I just want a cup of tea and am unsure if I want spices or something more defined.

Later impressions: This is somewhat bland. It’s a green tea with candied pomegranate or raspberry enhanced pomegranate flavoring and aftertaste.

Bottom line: It’s a decent enough cup. I’m glad to have the sample, but don’t plan on purchasing in the future.

enjoyed it. Could have used a little more pomegranate

This was my very first cup of loose leaf tea, and I initially thought it was perfectly delicious. I drank my first few steeping without sugar, steeped at 180F @ 2.5min. I have since tried some other greens and oolongs, and have come back to retry this delicious smelling tea. I must agree with some other reviews here, the pomegranate is very subtle, but is enhanced with a bit of sugar. I still think this is a very good, delicate cup of tea that tastes great after a big meal. Don’t come looking for a heavy fruit taste, and you will not be disappointed with this aromatic tea!