Almond Oolong

Oolong Tea
Almond, Nuts, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Since I have an almond theme going, I thought I'd revisit this one. This time I tried it in the gaiwan with steeps starting at 30 seconds, going up to 1:30. Also shared with the BF. Both kids...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 951 tasting notes
  • “Leif & I also shared a pot of this Almond Oolong, which we sweetened with stevia. It's rather like an almond cookie, although the flavor is a little too 'almond extract', but still tasty. It also...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2859 tasting notes
  • “*Sandy* thank you SO much for not only a generous sample but the cutest tin hand painted!!! Your such the artist - I can't draw a stick figure so am always so happy to get something hand crafted...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I am still dealing with my nasal infection, and it feels like my tongue has been wrapped in cotton... it feels buffered, and my taste buds are having a hard time (for the most part) discerning...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, fruity taste of Formosa oolong tea, our Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

This smells similar to all their almond teas, which is marzipan. Alternately, sweet and nutty. The flavour is light, and nutty. Different than the other oolongs I’ve had today. Like this ’cause I like almonds.

Thank you to KallieBoo for this sample. I had this yesterday morning and was sooooooo excited. I love the almond flavored teas. However, this one let me down. It was a good oolong base, very nutty. No sign of almond flavor though. Maybe it was just meant to be a nutty earthy oolong.

To say that I love this is an understatement. I drank 3 cups of it today.

The nutty, amaretto aroma is just divine. This translates nicely to the steeped cup. My friends think almond smells like cherry, and yes, I do understand that. However, this certainly doesn’t taste like cherries. =)

The oolong is smooth and not bitter and this steeps into a lovely caramel-colored liquid.

My only regret is that I ordered a sample. I’ll be going back to Adagio immediately and buying a bushel.

Note: 12 seconds later….they are out of the bushel size until early June. =(

I have a sample of this tea, and am mulling over whether to order it. The oolong leaf is very dark and oxidized looking. There is a sweet almond smell, but my sample contained none of the almond chips seen in the photos of this tea. I don’t know if that means they no longer use them, or I just got none in my sample.

The smell of this tea brewing is amazing – I kept taking big long sniffs because I enjoyed it so much. The flavor is a little thin using the average amount of leaf I generally use. For my second pot, I added about a third more leaf, and it was much better. The flavor is smooth, without an over powering amount of almond. My usual complaint with Adagio’s flavored teas is that they are too intense and rather artificial tasting. This was much better than their other flavored teas. The color of the tea is very dark for an oolong.

Testing 3 almond flavored teas tonight, and this is the 2nd. The first, Adagio’s (regular) black Almond did not make me a fan (bitter). This one is much nicer for my tastebuds. The almond comes through, but is not overbearing. I added a tbs. of honey and this made this a mildly sweet almond flavored tea. Much nicer than the regular black version. Kudos to Adagio on this one.

I love almond; I love oolong, so I ordered a sample of this from Adagio. It’s a smooth oolong that’s quite flavorful – however, I think it tastes a bit more like chocolate than almond. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing because this tea is still quite drinkable and delicious, but it is a bit of a letdown for an almond fanatic like me who wanted a tea that tasted like tasty tasty marzipan.

However, if I forget this is supposed to be almond, I quite enjoy this tea. I think this would mix quite well with Maraschino from American Tea Room. This tea is screaming for cherries.

I forgot I had this one! I’m reclaiming my tea collection that I’d left with my boyfriend, and I dug out this little sample package. The almond-extracty smell is still really strong — I still think it smells a little like rubber cement. But, y’know, not in a bad way, I guess. Once brewed that element of it disappears (thank goodness), and I’m left with quite a lovely tea. I think almond + oolong is definitely a combination I like, but maybe there’s another one out there that I’ll like better. I’ll have to do some tasting. (Also, it goes excellently with lofthouse cookies.)

I was hesitant at first about the almond flavoring in this tea. I trusted it would be high quality, but almond flavors vary widely. Oolong is one of my favorites, so it was no question I would like the blend, only how much. I have since made this tea five times and I only fall in love with it more each time I taste it. The almond is strong, but completely enchanting. It’s like I am enjoying tea and cake all at once! I even baked a batch of cookies tonight to enjoy with a cup of this blend. Though the tea itself is not really sweet, I find that it needs no sugar or honey, though I’m sure either would be wonderful with it.

This was the first oolong tea I’ve tried.So maybe I’m not giving it enough credit. But it was a bit more mellow than I was expecting. After getting use to it, it has a nice almond after taste. It’s not something I would drink everyday, but if I wanted something to mellow me out this would be the tea I’d drink.

Just got a sample from my SWEET TEA, thanks Rachel! I’m an Oolong newby but I quite loved it. The almond flavor is sutil & not overempowering. The oolong tasted deliciosly woody. Any recs on some oolong teas for a beginer, preferably organic/free trade?